Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:26 PM
I've recently discovered the wonderful talents of Samlee over at Sim~Antics and newly arrived creator John.Citizen at MTS2. But Plasticbox still owns my neighbourhood - approximately 90% of all buildings are Plasticbox
Advertisement
#52 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM
BP... all the way.

BP will you upload houses that you've decorated? I LOVE you're style. Hell if I could replicate it...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:04 PM
SamLee, Buffybot, Jenny, & Coldfloral!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:40 AM
Hey everyone! Simsane is waving hi! I don't really know where to post this question, but this thread seemed like the best place to ask. A friend of mine and I were talking about Featured Lots and the lots that get some kind of award. I mean on MTS2. Does anyone know who chooses or what criteria must be met to become a Featured Lot or even one of the lesser titles? I know that none of mine will ever be featured or get any of the other types of titles, but I was still curious how one does go about getting any of the titles? Is it the number of downloads within a specific time period? The number of thanks? Just curious.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#55 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 8:48 AM
Downloads on MTS2 are featured at the discretion of the MTS2 mods. Read more about it in the creator guidelines for that site.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:41 AM
Thanks for the link to plasticbox! Awesome houses.

I also like Nengi at Simscrossing, and the folks at Anno Sims and their weathered beachy lots.
Scholar
#57 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 2:16 PM
plastic box has nice neighborhoods...but i dunno...his newbie roads are to crammped and small for my tastes, :s
to be honest i rarely ever download houses
but id pick nevah123 (what is her name? i dont know o.o...i know its Nevah...and then some numbers >_>)
HP builds awsome stuff even if she only did it twice :
#58 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:11 PM
Plasticbox has the only houses that I will use in my game-absolutely the best in playable. He's also the only one I've seen who believes that "smaller is better" and makes everything fit into a small lot with all the amenities.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:20 PM
I only use teril02's houses. They are the perfect size for me, every single one of them. They are always well designed and just...great.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
#60 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:25 PM
I too am going with the crowd this one time: I love Plasticbox's houses! Then there are, of course, many housebuilders that have a few amazing houses but Plasticbox is the only one whose houses are always worth downloading.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 2:26 PM
V1ND1CARE's lots are amazing, they are extremely creative and original. My favourite being Gate's Factory.

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=3555
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 9:24 AM
I once made an entire neighbourhood with stuff by Plasticbox and in the neighbourhood screen it looked fantastic, just like a real urban neighbourhood would. However, it made my game run soooooo slowly it was virtually unplayable. I was gutted as it looked so brilliant.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a picture now.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 4:47 PM
i now like alot- buttt
BP, Daisie and gonebynow are now my favorites :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:19 PM
#65 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:32 PM
Flabaliki from MTS2
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:36 PM
Aw, that means a lot, Charley.

I think the basement hate is funny. To get rid of a basement in a downloaded house, all you have to do is delete the internal walls and flatten the terrain. You don't even really have to replace the foundation.

But my favorite is plasticbox, for small, playable layouts and creative starters.

#67 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:24 AM
Aww thankies Charley.

I don't really download lots, but I'd say if I did V1ND1CARE and plasticbox would totally be the top ones. :D
Field Researcher
#68 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:35 AM
The lots I love most come from plasticbox, daisie, gonebynow, babolat, elitesimbuilders, flabaliki,...myself, there i said it.

An Epic Victorian Saga unlike any ever made for the Sims 2. Jane Toland, an idealist woman struggles in the pious society that disdains her.

Forum Resident
#69 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 1:32 PM
I mainly use Larrson 1970's lots for my residential homes. I usually rebuild them on a smaller lot (2x2- 2 bedroom starter or 2x3- 3/4 bedroom houses), as I prefer smaller, more realistic lots. I have recently downloaded some of his beach lots, but have not yet installed them to see if I need to rebuild them to better suit my style. I usually tear down the interior walls of the houses, and redesign. My fave thing about these lots is the fact bthat they are unfurnished. Although it can take several hours to properly decorate and furnish a house, my lots all reflect the individuality of the sim/family living there. Downloading unfurnished lots saves a lot of time.

I do like Plasticbox's houses, although they don't match the Larrson1970 ones, so I rarely use them. I did download the Baskerville neighborhood, and loved it.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 6:57 PM
I like plasitic box
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 10:24 AM
PlasticBox is a star. His houses are playable, small and don't require thousands of expansions.
I love Tricia for her beautiful houses as well, she makes beautiful legacy homes, that too with none, or very few expansions. Now that's talent.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 9:23 PM
I love so many of the builders here, but Triciamanly is my favorite. Her houses always work in my game, and are not full of cc I can't or won't use, and they never crash or bork my game! My game wouldn't be the same without her creations!
Instructor
#73 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:08 PM
I've admired Saturnfly's work a great deal over the years. Her houses always seem to combine good looks with playability.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:42 PM
Oh, dear, this is an old thread. But some threads are worth resurrecting.

First of all. my criteria for most houses:

1. Routing must be pretty decent. Stuck Sims are a pain. I make some allowances for the 1 x 1 lots, though.
2. Minimal CC. I have quite a bit already. However, if I do use a little more CC than usual, I like to see at least some that is common to many houses, such as a certain wall that looks like lattice work.
3. No major problems. As far as I know, the houses I've used here did not give me the Super Duper Hug Bug. I cannot guarantee that every house on MTS by every creator is 100% clean. I don't think anyone can.
4. Easy expansion is a huge plus in many cases. Sometimes, you just need that extra bedroom or bathroom.

Intel 1397. I have several houses from this creator. Lots of room and just enough decoration. (I'm not a fan of particularly fussy houses.) Different price levels, too. Many creators go either very high or very low. Intel's houses are usually pretty easy to expand and adapt. No, they aren't fancy, but they look great and they work!

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1072208

larsson1970 A wide range of different houses. I smiled broadly when, after trying in vain to build a house from plans, I looked at this creator's stuff and found that he already did it. And oh ... did a much better job! Some of the houses have minimal CC, some have more, some are elaborate, and some are simple. I too like building from plans, and he has inspired me.

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=114056

Masaharu777 The Sims 2 Japanese buildings here are quite lovely and functional.

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=230073

psychosimmer86 I seem to have a thing for houses created between 2007 - 2009. I have many of this Simmer's small-lot houses, as in 1 x 1s

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=745072

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:41 AM
My main problem with houses is that usually come with a) a driveway, which I don't use; b) a garage, which I don't use; c) stairs, which I don't use and d) bathrooms that are far too small for my personal taste. However, I have some houses that I like, and I think Lady Angel might be my favourite builder, because I use her houses more than any others, and I also like her community lots. I like to stick my rich, retired Sims into a Lady Angel House
Page 3 of 4