Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:48 AM
MissTech, I'm no expert but you can find Bella walking around in Strangetown, not Pleasantville. Supposedly she's a fake Bella. the real Bella "disappeared" from Pleasantville. BTW I also started playing the Pleasantville premade sims since reading this thread and I'm having fun. BUT how do you resurrect Bella??? I tried the resurrectonomitron and she was not listed.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:45 AM
The only way I know of to put the authentic Bella back into Pleasantview is to export her with SimPE and make her into a new Sim (or you can download the one I exported at www.bogsims.com ). The one in Strangetown is indeed a bit different than the Pleasantview Bella. Here are a couple of pictures for comparison:

Pleasantview Bella

Strangetown Bella

As you can see, there's not much difference but to me the Strangetown Bella looks cutsier.
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 2:48 AM
I hear that many people say that Pleasantview Bella is real while Strangetown Bella is fake. I think Strangetown Bella was supposed to be the real Bella with her memories wiped out after the alien abduction.
Genetically you can say that Pleasantview Bella is the "real" Bella but she is unplayable unless you resurrect her with SimPe.... And maxis meant for Pleasantview Bella to be long dead and never found again. They had no clue that the simmers were so intelligent that they could invent such a tool as simpe!
So.... I would say that Strangetown Bella is the real one. She is the one who can be played. Without SimPE or InSim Bella Goth is unplayable and that is how maxis wanted her to be.
I think maxis had to make two different character files because of the two different Bellas being in each their neighborhood. But it's a big mystery why maxis didn't clone them instead of making a totally new, "template faced" Bella. I think it's just laziness....

I don't think you'll ever be able to find the "real" Pleasantview Bella genetically related to the Goths. Strangetown Bella is the real Bella in maxis' eyes.
And for you who got Bella as a date from the gypsy lady.....
It happens. I've heard about people who get deleted and dead people as dates before even if I've never experienced it.....
Field Researcher
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 10:22 AM
Ocean, see my pictures in the first page of this thread (took from the Enhanser) - the real Bella is the Pleasantview one, with a family tree, showing her parents, and her childs. It can't be the Strangetown Bella - unless you decide that the Strangetown one is prettier than the Pleasantview one - and it's a "legal" decision....
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:49 PM
Why are you pointing out that Bella is looking through a _small_ telescope?

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
BUT how do you resurrect Bella??? I tried the resurrectonomitron and she was not listed.

That's probably because she isn't dead in the first place
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
Ocean, see my pictures in the first page of this thread (took from the Enhanser) - the real Bella is the Pleasantview one, with a family tree, showing her parents, and her childs. It can't be the Strangetown Bella - unless you decide that the Strangetown one is prettier than the Pleasantview one - and it's a "legal" decision....

I know but Strangetown Bella was supposed to be the real Bella.......
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:50 PM
Bella Goth annoys the hell out of me. I found her and then I instantly wished I hadn't. Am I the only one that thinks she moans waaaay more than any other sim? She's so difficult to keep happy!

I always end up killing her off in the most gruesome way possible :P
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stylequeen
Bella Goth annoys the hell out of me. I found her and then I instantly wished I hadn't. Am I the only one that thinks she moans waaaay more than any other sim? She's so difficult to keep happy!

I always end up killing her off in the most gruesome way possible :P

How did you find her?
Do you mean Strangetown Bella???

Anyway she doesn't annoy me but I think she gets too much attention from the simmers together with all the other Pleasantviewers. What about all the others?
Maxis made two Bellas and everybody talk about real Bella and fake Bella but nobody ever mentions real Nervous and fake Nervous (yes, there are two Nervous Subjects in SimPe).
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
I know but Strangetown Bella was supposed to be the real Bella.......

Strangetown Bella was just Maxis' lazy way of filling in the Goth storyline. It's not good for the game to move characters between neighborhoods like that.

Why they didn't at the very least clone her, so that Pleasantview Bella and Strangetown Bella looked the same is beyond me, but that's all it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Loncaros
Why are you pointing out that Bella is looking through a _small_ telescope?

That's probably because she isn't dead in the first place
The importance of the small telescope is that your Sims can only get abducted with the expensive telescope. But Maxis wanted to make a story that sounded like Bella was maybe abducted, and dropped into Strangetown with no memory. So they created a picture of her looking in a telescope, killed her, and made a very poor clone in Strangetown.

Truth is, Bella is no more special then your average townie. The only reason she has a good life in my game is because a sim I do like, General Buzz, had the hots for her, lol.

No conspiracy here, folks! Keep it moving...! :P
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:56 PM
Well in my opinion the Strangetown Bella is the real one, the Pleasantview Bella is just something you can dig out with third party hacks that apparently has to be there in order for the memories to function. Third Party tools simply can't create "proof" imo
Quote:
The importance of the small telescope is that your Sims can only get abducted with the expensive telescope. But Maxis wanted to make a story that sounded like Bella was maybe abducted, and dropped into Strangetown with no memory. So they created a picture of her looking in a telescope, killed her, and made a very poor clone in Strangetown.

interesting, so since you've apparently controlled her, what "Memories" does she possess in Strangetown?
Does she remember being taught to walk / talk?
#36 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 6:13 PM
Well in my opinion the Strangetown Bella is the real one, the Pleasantview Bella is just something you can dig out with third party hacks that apparently has to be there in order for the memories to function. Third Party tools simply can't create "proof" imo
Well, you're right, it does all comes down to your opinion. :shrug:

Do you consider "real" Bella to be what Maxis wants you to believe is real Bella, and the Bella that fits in with the storyline? If so, then Strangetown Bella's your girl. But if you think the genetic mother of Cassandra & Alexander Goth is the real Bella, then secret Pleasantview Bella is for you. :P

Quote:
interesting, so since you've apparently controlled her, what "Memories" does she possess in Strangetown?
Does she remember being taught to walk / talk?

I'd have to check when I get home, but from what I can remember, she had zero memories, not even learning to walk and talk via a mystery sim like most townies.
#37 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zora
Well, you're right, it does all comes down to your opinion. :shrug:

Do you consider "real" Bella to be what Maxis wants you to believe is real Bella, and the Bella that fits in with the storyline? If so, then Strangetown Bella's your girl. But if you think the genetic mother of Cassandra & Alexander Goth is the real Bella, then secret Pleasantview Bella is for you. :P

I'd have to check when I get home, but from what I can remember, she had zero memories, not even learning to walk and talk via a mystery sim like most townies.

I think she has the same memories as all other townies. She also has a memory of going to college like the other townies.
By the way, she also has a biography!
It says that she likes golf and miniature golf.....
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 8:18 PM

actually walking/ talking for all premade sims is done by actual parents for me, not mystery sims. These parents also all died later in the memories.

Quote:
But if you think the genetic mother of Cassandra & Alexander Goth is the real Bella, then secret Pleasantview Bella is for you
Is this information you have to extract via a non-maxis tool?
Scholar
#39 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
I've heard of people ressurecting dead and disapeering Sims, but I have no idea how.
#40 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 10:05 PM
Strangetown Bella was just Maxis' lazy way of filling in the Goth storyline. It's not good for the game to move characters between neighborhoods like that.

Why they didn't at the very least clone her, so that Pleasantview Bella and Strangetown Bella looked the same is beyond me, but that's all it is.

Truth is, Bella is no more special then your average townie. The only reason she has a good life in my game is because a sim I do like, General Buzz, had the hots for her, lol.

No conspiracy here, folks! Keep it moving...! :P

haha.... I've had Bella married to Buzz before but now when his wife Lyla is resurrected I think I'll marry Bella to Tank instead. Tank is an adult now and he is in love with Bella. In my game Strangetown Bella is just another normal sim, not related to the Goths. She's actually just a wannabe Bella Goth. lol.
Even if maxis meant that she would be the real Bella I cannot imagine her as the one since she has no memories of her family.
When I play her I don't get a "Goth Family" feeling...... She's younger than Cassandra and it's impossible that she's her mother.
I was just saying that even if Strangetown Bella can never be Bella Goth in our eyes she's still meant to be Bella (by maxis).
It's just a badly done job.
#41 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:21 AM
actually walking/ talking for all premade sims is done by actual parents for me, not mystery sims. These parents also all died later in the memories.
Yes, premade sims have memories from actual parents, but townies get the memories by mystery sims. Strangetown Bella, in the most technical sense is nothing more than a townie! But she has absolutely no memories, neither of her actual parents OR of mystery townies. She starts fresh.

Quote:
Is this information you have to extract via a non-maxis tool?
It's information that is confirmed with a non-Maxis tool (SimPE) but even if you compare Cassandra to both Bellas, she much more resembles Pleasantview Bella.

Go into Pleasantview, and compare Bella's thumbnail in the Goth family tree to the Bella you find in Strangetown. They are not the same.

Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
Even if maxis meant that she would be the real Bella I cannot imagine her as the one since she has no memories of her family.
When I play her I don't get a "Goth Family" feeling...... She's younger than Cassandra and it's impossible that she's her mother. I was just saying that even if Strangetown Bella can never be Bella Goth in our eyes she's still meant to be Bella (by maxis).
It's just a badly done job.
I agree, it was a sloppy job on Maxis part. They probably figured nobody would work SO hard on reuniting the Goth family like people have done. Oh well! She makes a good wife for Buzz. In fact, since he's so much older than Bella, the Grunt family is almost like my own personal Strangetown's version of the Goths. They're the largest and richest family in the neighborhood, and nobody really likes them. :P
#42 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:34 AM
When Ophelia became an adult in my game, i moved her to another house (but i kept her in strangetown), then the neighbors went there to meet her, aand, with 'em, there was Bella Goth, and as all of you said, the strangetown bella is fake, then.. i don't know LMAO
•Edit:
And in SimPE, she (i don't know if it's the fake or the real) appears alive oO''
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:21 AM
I have a now a hood, with all The Sims 1 families.

I enjoy for sure to play the real Goths again. Bella and Mortie had only Cassie, but Bella was pregnant, and obviously had a boy, who is now a toddler. And I can say that Mortimer, Cassandra, and Alex, are very pretty sims. Mortie and Bella have a Family Aspiration.

#44 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:33 PM
I can only see very small differences between the two Bellas tbh
#45 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 10:49 AM
It's just Maxis a-messin' with all your minds, folks.
#46 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 8:30 AM
I think that the real Bella is the one from Pleasantview. She had a family, got abducted, died, the end.
But then why is there another Bella at Strangetown? Well, its because someone at Maxis thought that it would be really cool to see Bella somewhere else walking like a lost ghost.
Scholar
#47 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 10:31 AM
I think there is a Strangetown Bella because the Strangetown storyline is people being abducted by aliens - and Bella was supposed to be abducted by aliens. Which is the generally accepted theory.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#48 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:14 AM
Bella Goth in Pleasantview is the real one but supposingly maxis deleted her with the IamDead memory and then made a poor clone in Strangetown to spicen things up...

The only way you know ST Bella is a fake apart from the faces is the pose... Bella in PV looks up and ST Bella looks at you....
Field Researcher
#49 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:19 AM
I now have three Bellas in my game... Strangetown Bella, a clone of Strangetown Bella who's heading a legacy in a custom hood, and Pleasantview Bella who is living in Don's old house with Alexander and Cassandra. Which one is the real one? I think if we're going plot-wise, ST Bella is because that's where she was supposed to end up after her abduction. But family wise, PV Bella has all her family ties with Cassie and Alex, whereas ST Bella doesn't. And Custom Hood Bella is a big fat fraud
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:41 AM
How about replacing the fake bella in strangetown with the real bella (using SimPE)? that way u can get rid of the fake bella and see the real bella in strangetown.
Page 2 of 14