Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 7:31 PM
Cake Town, after the 300 PG trailer.

Instead of King Leonidas screaming "This is Sparta!"

He says "This is Cake Town!"

Very funny video. Go to youtube and search for 300 pg.
Advertisement
#27 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 11:15 PM
I started off with a neighbourhood called Littleville and I had it in Veronaville so I had Creepside - trailers run down shops etc and Townside - condos, villas etc, only I found myself playing Creepside lots more so I renamed it Creepside and now its just a run down little shack of a neighbourhood, but I love it,

I named my boyfriend's neighbourhood Otimani, I don't knowwhere that came from
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:20 AM
I love making neighborhoods. I have Garden Grove, a farming and fishing village. I have the 3 maxis ones, I have Autumn Bay (my favorite), Caine Forest (fairy village)
and I also have a hawaiian village (Kailua Beach). I love making neighborhoods!

potterhead
call me bria
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:29 AM
I never use it, but I have a custom neighborhood named Orchid Gardens. xD
#30 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:39 AM
My only custom neighborhood name is Oceanwave , and my universty is name Oceanwave Universty :smash:, and my downtown is name Oceanwave Downtown :jig: and my sub is Oceanic Ville
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:58 PM
Usually something suburban, like Hamilton and Idyll.
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:09 PM
For the longest time, I would create custom neighborhoods like mad, and name them all simple letters. a,b,c,d and so on (at one point I had a thru p - custom neighborhood overload)... but recently, I'm taking a break from making houses and objects and I've actually been playing a family that is almost to it's third generation (wow) and I have them in a neighborhood named "Winchestertonfieldville" - which was the name of the town that Winona Ryder's character made up in the movie Mr.Deeds (and also partly inspired by my avi, chester)
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 6:08 AM
I only have one custom neighborhoo, named Greenwoods. The funny thing is, that, there are no trees outdoors.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 6:18 AM
I have this one Custom Neighborhood that I play like all the time called Party City. I have everyone from all my neighborhoods Maxis made or not in that neighborhood. And let me tell you everyone is related to everyone in some way or another it is just funny.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:10 AM
Tramen! Another excellent icon!! Love the Master/Sam!

All of my custom neighborhood have very boring names that just indicate to me which theme it is. My Star Trek neighborhood is called Star Trek, my Harry Potter neighborhood is called Rowling, and my Royal Kingdom neighborhood is called Historia.
Very dull, I know. However, when looking for cool names for streets or last names for Sims I look up place names online for fun.
#36 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:15 AM
I only have one custom neighborhood called Nyestaville. Right now it is almost entirely populated by the Tourney family. They have overrun Gingham Court, though I am planning on moving two of the kids to Beechwood Avenue. Methinks I am going to need more street names.
#37 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:29 PM
I name all mine after towns in Stephen King novels, haha. I renamed Pleasantview Castle Rock, I made a custom filled with vampires called Jerusalem's Lot, deleted Strangetown and Veronaville, and renamed Riverblossom Hills Derry.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:12 PM
I have one, Cherry Tree Hills. Very cheesy, just the way I like it :p
#39 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:21 AM
I only have one at the moment, and its called Damselville.
Thats what happens when you play at 4 in the morning ...
Strange things come from your brain.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:36 PM
I still have Pleasantview. It has two downtowns: the default downtown and Cardinal Island. It has the default shopping district, and a default college (Academie de Tour).

We still have Strangetown, though my daughter has been pestering me to get rid of it and start again with a new neighborhood. We haven't done a whole lot with it.

There's Oasis Island, one of the custom neighborhoods. I didn't realize there was already an Oasis Valley in the game, but I like the island name, anyway. It also has two downtowns: the default downtown, renamed Lyla City, as well as Supernova. Morning Glory is the name of the shopping district. Yes, there was a theme going on there! There is a default college. I suppose I should rename that one, too, to keep with the theme.

The other custom neighborhood is Nocturne Island. I guess I like islands! I find them easy to view and manage. The rule my daughter and I have when we create Sims for this island: no "normal" Sims. We create only aliens, vampires, elves or other fantasy beings for this neighborhood. And no "normal" skintones. This is where we can experiment to our heart's content with Enayla's skins or other great skin colors. The downtown is Onyx City, and the shopping district is Treefrog. The college is a default one.

Veronaville is gone. Pfffft. Neither of us liked it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
#41 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:48 PM
My only custom hood is named Greenfield. I don't know where that came from, I guess it has something to do with my current obsession with color green.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 9:03 AM
I deleted the Maxis hoods, and left just Riverblossom Hills and Veronaville as a "testing" neighbourhood cuz love the neighbourhood I made, Sweet Valley, very much. I'm sure you all know where that came from! lol. I used to love the book series back in schooldays so I decided to make the neighbourhood complete with the characters.

I even made their ancestors in the victorian era, and now they're in the parents' generation. The Wakefield twins and their gang are just waiting to be born in-game now. I thought that would make the game a lot more interesting to play! I planned and mapped everyone's life very carefully. And I tried to follow the storyline as in the book as accurately as possible.

Hood: Sweet Valley, California
Downtown: Downtown L.A. (for the rich, urban families)
Uni: Sweet Valley University!
I dont have a sub.

Ain't it all so cute?
Inventor
#43 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 7:12 PM
I've made three neighborhoods so far. I usually play with them for about a year before it starts to get glitchy or there are too many Sims!

Lime Tree Grove
Oak Towne
Birchshire

Can you tell I like trees? I like my newest neighborhood the most because it's the most organized. I drew a map for myself and gave all of the streets names. Helps me name the houses! And I have a "founder family" with the last name Birch.

"to be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings
Treejen's Sims!
#44 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:09 AM
My custom neighborhood is Floaroma Town! xDDD Yay to anyone who knows where it came from!
#45 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 3:13 PM
I have several custom neighborhoods. My first, and the one I play with the most often, is Suburban Bohemia (inspired by the Dandy Warhols song "Bohemian Like You"). Its huge, to the point of being unmanageable... I also have Burtonesque (a new neighborhood with a distinctively "Gothic" edge) and Banlieu, a French neighborhood
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 3:35 PM
I'm planing a neigbourhood called Peyton View, and the downton district will be called Pasadena and the business district will be called Paxton Falls.

I'll also make a smaller neighbourhood called Cherry Blossom or something like that.
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:41 PM
Ioften use neighbourhood names based on books I've read or from songs etc. One of the first ones was Narnia, at the moment I've got one called Otherland and one called Sumerland. But I scrap neighbourhoods quite often as I get bored so need to keep coming up with new names.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:46 PM
I'm terrible when it comes to naming my neighborhoods. Contest sims go in "Contest Land", legacy sims go in "Legacy Town."

:doh:
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:48 PM
I've been mainly using Pleasantview, but my custom neighborhoods are Maiden (setting for my Zombie challenge, because I needed a whole different neighborhood for that), Summer City (the setting for my story) and Phoenix, which is my hometown and has the sim version of my family in, as well as some other people.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:59 PM
I've had a hood called Stillwatch, forever. Got the name from a Mary Higgins Clark book that was sitting by my desk.

Now, I play a hood called Eden.
Page 2 of 24