Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 2:15 AM
Night Racer - Try checking Noukiesims. That's where Nouk's hairs and other stuff are.
Advertisement
#52 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I use mostly Peggy hair, even though it is a bit buggy at times. A wide range of hairs for females is the deal with Peggy hairs.

. . . .

I still have a few Nouk hairs. They're awesome, period.

Have you discovered simscave.com? They're like a one-stop NONshop for fixes of many of the buggy and lame Peggy hairs that "impale" your sims (love that description!). Rissa and drpixel are there as well. Those two are also good about taking off bows and converting male to female and male to male hairs. Simscave downloads also include meshes!

I discovered the site after akatonbo pointed out Rissa, and Rissa's temporarily non-functional download site pointed to simscave.com.

(The mediafire downloads worked much better once I discovered that the "download here" button was the actual button for the downloads and not another ad! --You'll see what I mean when you use it.)

Deb

ps Nouk's work is truly beautiful. On rare occassions I may not like the styles, but her artistry and attention to detail is nothing short of impressive.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:42 PM
i used to love roan, peggy, rose and any i liked i would download lol,
but now i just use maxis match although i only have a little downloads folder for hair

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#54 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 8:37 PM
I really love Peggy hair at the moment. The quality of the newer ones is just gorgeous, imo.
Rose is also good, but the textures look kinda plastic in comparison with some others.
Some of XMsims's hairstyles look good as well, but the back mostly looks really crappy.
#55 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
http://rissa-styles.tevalon.de/

Even when I actually liked the original hair I have mostly replaced what I had already with her recolors, and she's done some hairs that didn't look the tiniest bit appealing to me until she made them look normal.

I absolutely love this site. One thing that bugs me about a lot of the better creators is they create these beautiful meshes, but the textures never really "fit". Each site has different color palates to use for blonde, etc, and you might get hair that isn't all that blonde or just doesn't match the rest of the sims. Sometimes they're too shiny, or too dull, or look green when you put them on a sim. Rissa takes the beautiful meshes from other sims sites and gives them recolors that actually match the base game in terms of color and texture, so your sims don't look out of place or weird. It "normalizes" them. I love it. I'm currently going back and deleting all of the textures I got from the original sites and replacing them with hers.

I love XMsims, good for large amounts of beautiful hair, though sometimes the color of the textures bothers me. Nouk's hair is fantastic, always fills a void in my game by producing ethnic hair, etc, that nobody else makes.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 5:25 PM
Garden of Shadows

Sims Artists Union. I can't get enough of their male hairstyles!

Simscave

Noukiesims

MTS2 (Geez ... so many here! HP, Neen recolors, Sizza ... I KNOW I'm leaving out a lot of people, so thanks to ALL of you!)

Renegade Sims. Not a whole lot on this site, but the gappy Peggy/Rose hair that the creator has fixed looks great!

Pronupsims

Raonsims (free hair)

And, of course, various and sundry hairstyles from XMSims (very often, though, I download the retexturing and recolors from other sites, such as Rock Chick's), Seomi (where I downloaded my first custom hairstyle!), Louis and Simpathetic (for close-cropped hairstyles).

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:23 AM
Default Favorite hair site
I love Raonjena
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:17 AM
XM Sims and Nouk!
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th May 2009 at 6:13 PM
Hmm. I like XM sims for meshes, but the colors can be too weird for me.
Nouk and Raon are my 2 favorites.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 16th May 2009 at 6:53 PM
Raonjena - I love some of her meshes while textures and colours don't really suit my liking that well.
Rosesims - The quality varies a lot but some of them are quite nice.
Maxistraum - I'm in a Maxis Match mood at the moment and one of my favourite hairs comes from that site so I really recommend to check it out.
Peggysims - Some of the new hairs are surprisingly pretty and well made but the quality of the majority of old hairs are not that great.

. . .

@ ModTheSims2

- Nouk - She's the creator of my favourite hair of all time and I love her for that.
- oepu - Maxis Match

. . .

@ Garden of Shadows

- Phobia - I love pretty much everything she does.
- Pooklet - I like a couple of her recolours.

Of course there're about billion creators I like / have liked in the past but I guess the ones I mentioned must be my favourites at the moment.

LJ
Helptato
#61 Old 27th May 2009 at 9:49 PM
Nouk is my absolute favourite for hair. Her hairstyles suit my Sims, and they're beautiful. I also like XMsims, Rose, Raonsims, Modthesims2, Seomi, and various other places for hair.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#62 Old 28th May 2009 at 1:40 PM
i can't go on the noukisims.net site D:
it just comes up with a page showing me related searches...
WHY IS THIS??? :'(
transmogrified
retired moderator
#63 Old 28th May 2009 at 1:49 PM
PoisonousLithium, I'm sorry to say that Nouk has left the Sims 2 creator community and closed her site. Per her terms of use, other fansites are hosting her creations. Please follow up by searching the WCIF forum for links to those sites.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 3:52 PM
My favorite are

XM
simmer girls
mts 2
Banned
#65 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 1:38 AM
http://www.coolsims.net/
http://thesims2.ea.com/ - one of the safest places to download sims 2 stuff
**** Do not go to xmsims.com because the site has a virus that can infect ur computer, it has some good stuff to download but I advise u not to go to that site(I went to that site b-4 & it was alright at first but when I went to that site constantly and found out that the site had a virus and infected my computer)******
Field Researcher
#66 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterJ16
http://www.coolsims.net/
http://thesims2.ea.com/ - one of the safest places to download sims 2 stuff
**** Do not go to xmsims.com because the site has a virus that can infect ur computer, it has some good stuff to download but I advise u not to go to that site(I went to that site b-4 & it was alright at first but when I went to that site constantly and found out that the site had a virus and infected my computer)******

I also got a virus from xmsims
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#67 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:44 PM
It's probably just a hijacked ad. Tell them about it and say which ads were on the page - they can ask their ad providers to get rid of the problem ad.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 5:03 PM
I like XMSims and some of Peggy's.

I'd download more from those sites if the colors were binned...I need to learn how to bin colors (the pictures are missing from the tutorial here, so I'm bit lost--I learn best when there are pictures).
Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:38 PM
I like Peggy and Coolsims the most. Raonsims' and Rosesims' hairs are also quite nice

On my other simming computer, I downloaded from XM sims and it gave me a virus also, so I prefer to avoid it. It's a shame, really. I liked their hair meshes (though I didn't really like the textures)
Banned
#70 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:36 AM
Default [rply]
Quote: Originally posted by my4monkeys25
I also got a virus from xmsims

What I just don't get is why some simers still go to that site & not know that there is a virus and it just takes a while to get it off but i don't know why some sites give u the stuff that u r looking for and the people who make the sites want to destroy ur computer which doesn't make any sense. Does anybody know why some web-creators do those things? - MasterJ16
Banned
#71 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It's probably just a hijacked ad. Tell them about it and say which ads were on the page - they can ask their ad providers to get rid of the problem ad.

I don't think it's just the ads I think it's something else on the site that the creator put a virus on, so I just would just advise u or anybody else to not go on the site(XM Sims) to avoid viruses and infections on ur computer. - MasterJ16
#72 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:56 AM
Paysitesmustbedestroyed. ANY $$$ hair here for free. My other is Nouk, Peggy, Raon, Rose Sims and The Garden of Shadows.
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:09 PM
Louise! (http://louis.new21.net/)

But, unfortunately, his site is down D:
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:36 PM
Mad Poster
#75 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
Almighty Hat: http://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/ In addition to the piles of medieval defaults, etc, Hat does amazing hairs.
Page 3 of 4