Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 6:43 PM
Almost all of my sims model One of Enayla's stunning pixie skins. They are so pretty.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 7:31 PM
my fave is Enayla too. i have hers and joebart's skins and that's it

i'm a hazard to myself
Field Researcher
#53 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 8:00 PM
I've been using HP's skins exclusively for the last two months. Well, with the exception of Enayla's pixie skin with the snowy face. I have other skins in my game, but when I'm making sims, I always end up picking one of the Idolatry ones.
#54 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 8:08 PM
Louis, Glance, Glance edits, and @Stefan almost exclusively. Enayla's skins are lovely, but they're too smooth and shiny for my liking.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#55 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:42 PM
The one and only Rensim - the best skins that are nicely detailed and shaded whilst not being shiny or far too pale.

Rensim.com
Alchemist
#56 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:52 PM
Hm let's see...Lin's edits of Louis' skins are my number one choice..they're my defaults too, and I'm happiest with them (I've tried many before...)
I like Rensim's circonflex skins, too, but they're a little too yellowish for my taste so I use them just for one or two sims.
Enayla's are gorgeous...nuff said. But they're also reserved for certain sims, townies look odd with them.
I also love Ephemera's skins, they have such nice eyes and nostrils...
HPs skins are also nice, smooth and simrealistic.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#57 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 12:53 PM
I mostly use Enayla skins. They're a tad shiny on the face, but I use matte blushers and stuff like that to take it down a bit. Other than that, I use those at SimCribbling.
Sometimes I'm in the mood for those really realistic, detailed skins with pores and eyebags and everything, like Stefan's, but mostly I don't like my Sims looking overly realistic.
I'm going to download HP's skintone pack, though -- I have her Idolatry of Foliage default replacement for Plantsims and I'm very happy with it, so if the other skins are as good then I'll definitely be using those a lot.
#58 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 7:00 PM
In my game, I use Rensim's Freshie as defaults, and I can tell I'm madly in love with the Circonflex set.
But I also like a lot Louis'.
#59 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 7:45 PM
My favorite is SO Enayla's Pixie Multitude, It's like the only skins i use xD :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 2:09 AM
Right now I am deciding which skin to keep. I do have Starsims as my defaults but I love HP's, Simcribbling, Enayla's, Rensim's, and Buffy_bot's skins. I CAN'T CHOOSE WHICH TO USE FOR DEFAULT!
Instructor
#61 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 2:11 AM
I used to use Enayla's as defaults when I first started playing, but they were way too shiny and a lot of times a skin that would look fine on a female, would look weird on a male. I finally changed them when I saw HP's lovely skins, I really like the matte look of them. But then I heard everyone mention Louis skins and wanted to try them. Now I use them almost exclusively. Although, it did bother me that the eyebrows were attached to the skin, so to whoever pointed out the edited ones--Thank you! And although I really like Ren's new Circonflex skins (they're absolutely beautiful), I only like them on females (I love that girls don't even need makeup when they have one of these skins), they tend to give males too feminine a look with really defined cheekbones.
#62 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:49 PM
I think my absolute favorites are Enayla’s Pixie skin tones (especially her Pixie Multitude), I use them on practically every sim I create, but I have Simcribbing skins for defaults, partly because I can’t find Pixie Multitude defaults (the other Enayla Defaults are just a tad too shiny for my tastes), partly because the simcribbing ones look better with townies. I also have a whole bunch of other skin tones that I use every once in a while…I should probably delete some of them, but I like having options.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#63 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 2:46 AM
Ruthie, there are a couple of Pixie Multitude default sets at Insim:
Fall/Bronze/Breeze/Game
Kisses/Flirt/Rush/Chocolate

Of course, the only "problem" with Multitude is that there a so many to choose from, these sets may not reflect your preferences.
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 9:21 PM
Enayla's skins are the only thing I use same with her eyes. she does awsome stuff I LOVE her stuff!!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 2:22 AM
I have Lin's edition of Louis' skins as defaults, but I like using 'fantasy' skins like Enayla's for more special sims.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Instructor
#66 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 10:34 PM
I have Lin's Louis edits as my defaults too, I don't really use anything else! I hate the way that custom skins are always inherited over defaults and thus stick with my defaults XD
#67 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 10:39 PM
I edit glance skins. I make them paler most of the time, because I'm most used to working with them.

I do like the look of the new Enayla skins =]
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 7:57 PM
stefans sims skins are gorgeous! realstic skintones are my fav.
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:48 AM
Ive always loved Enayla's skins. I drooled over them even before I knew what WinRAR was and couldnt download them.

I have a few of them as defaults.
#70 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 10:11 PM
I use maxis for defaults, but I don't use defaults often.
I absolutely adore HP's new skintone, especially the palest one, it's awesome.
Other than that I have a few other skintones, generally blended skintones that I have edited to be paler yet.
#71 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:27 AM
I love Sironas version of Stefans Paulette skintone....I wish I hadit as a default and Its too hard making them so as defaults I use Stefans skintone which I downloaded at insim

and as for eyes.

I got Heleanes as defaults but I just adore Anvas eyes:D
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:32 PM
I use Pooklet's Compulsion blend of Ephemera's Simple Skins pretty much exclusively now.

I've used just default Maxis skintones, Enayla's Pixie skins, and Louis's skins in turn, but none of them ever quite satisfied me the way Pooklet's blends of Ephemera's older skintones have. A lot of Maxis's style just isn't to my personal taste much of the time, and Enayla's and Louis's skins, while fine on female sims, made male sims look too girly (also, the bellybutton ring and strange nipple placement on Louis's stuff, but I think someone edited them to fix that).

There are three other non-Pooklet skins I still use, but those are for my personal multi-PT set. Rensim's Freshie Aqua Alien skin, Zesta02's Zoen fantasy skin, and a version of Enayla's Pixie Fiend that I edited the material definition files of so it glows like this Bink13y skin (except dark red and not NEON GREEN). I use these three skins along with Pooklet's alien defaults Supernatural Compulsion (which I only recently got and adore).
Alchemist
#73 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:35 PM
Garden Of Shadows is always a great site for skintones (Especially alien and tattooed).
Rensims are gorgeous too.
DlMuslows (sp?) is also a great place for Blends.
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 10:51 AM
I've come to love Selzisims default skins. They have such a good selection to choose from.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 1:07 AM
I like opeu's maxis match skins as well. Can anyone send me a note where there could be maxis match skins for zombies, vampires and all that go bump in the night?
Page 3 of 5