Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:40 PM
Default You are a winner in the EA competition,ma review posted
EDIT:REVIEW... LONG RAMBLING REVIEW POSTED ON PAGE 2

omgee, i opened my inbox today and found

Congratulations! You are a winner in the EA competition for some hands on time with The Sims 3 on May 4th!

You have been allocated a time slot of 2pm until 4pm. Please be sure to arrive on time or you will miss out on precious Simming minutes!......

god i am so excited I never win anything. I thought my chest was going to explode when i read it :P, Anyway i'm not just venting the excitement out of me so I dont explode, I was wondering if you guys would like me to look into any special areas for you, things you are curious about...

of course i can't guarantee anything but i would love to find things out for others. I promise i will give an honest unbiased review of the game so any bugs, bad bits and glitches will not be hidden.

(p.s pictures and videos will not be allowed in the event so i can't grab any screenies)

sorry mods if this is in the wrong section or i should have just posted it in another thread
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:50 PM
Oh, wow, congratulations!!! I hope you have a blast :D
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:52 PM
I got the same message. :D

Are you going to the London or the Manchester session? If it's London, I'll see you there.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
I got the same message. :D

Are you going to the London or the Manchester session? If it's London, I might see you there.

thankyou guys, and it's manchester. I no get see you , :P
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:04 PM
Aww, congratulations anyway. At least this way there will be a review of both events.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:38 PM
congrats to both of you, and hope you have loads of fun.
#7 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:06 PM
Congrats to both of you!!!!!! I was wondering if ethier of you could tell us when u get back what the CAS is like cause some much debate on it and stuff that hearing from a fellow simmer who gets to test it would be a good thing. again congrats on you both!
Instructor
#8 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:15 PM
Congrats both of you! Hope you can tell us what you think afterwards :D
#9 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by honeynutcows
omgee, i opened my inbox today and found

Congratulations! You are a winner in the EA competition for some hands on time with The Sims 3 on May 4th!

You have been allocated a time slot of 2pm until 4pm. Please be sure to arrive on time or you will miss out on precious Simming minutes!......

god i am so excited I never win anything. I thought my chest was going to explode when i read it :P, Anyway i'm not just venting the excitement out of me so I dont explode, I was wondering if you guys would like me to look into any special areas for you, things you are curious about...

of course i can't guarantee anything but i would love to find things out for others. I promise i will give an honest unbiased review of the game so any bugs, bad bits and glitches will not be hidden.

(p.s pictures and videos will not be allowed in the event so i can't grab any screenies)

sorry mods if this is in the wrong section or i should have just posted it in another thread

Can you ask these questions for me?
1)Is Render Girl married?What's her name?
2)Is Brianna married?
3)Will houses eventually appear on empty lots?What I mean is will townies your not playing put a house on an empty lot and move in?
4)Can your sim once it moves out of a house move into another one or do they go to the sims bin first?I think I read they can move immendienly into another but I don't remember where I saw it.
5)How far away from the beach is Lake Falls?Also are there any more places similar to Lake Falls?
6)Can sims do romantic interactions on the picnic towel?Can they also do romantic interactions in the pool?
7)Can sims walk and hold hands at the same time?Also can they walk and talk at the same time?
8)Does the lighthouse on the beach have a foghorn?
9)How does the follow feature work?For instance Bob on his bike wants his wife Marsha to follow him to the beach on her bike?
10)Can bikes be rode off road example on the beach in the sand?
How many miles of beach is there sims can go to?
11)Can a female sim while she is holding her baby kiss(peck)her husband?
12)Can sims talk on cell phones while their walking?
13)When sims chat online can they see the sims picture their chatting with?
14)Is there online personals?
15)Is Riverview connected to Sunset Valley or is it a different neighborhood?
16)Does Riverview have it's own beach,lighthouse,movie theater etc?
17)Is the romantic and tender kiss in the sims 3?
18)When sims are about to get married do they change into formal or do you have to change them before hand?
19)Can a sim with the great kisser trait talk about kissing?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:37 PM
sharkloverplayer, I believe Render Girl = Brianna: http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?t=66938
#11 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:42 PM
Render Girl is not Brianna.Briannia is light skinned.Render Girl is dark.Also Render Girl has thicker lips then Brianna.

Render Girl
Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:50 PM
Oh, yeah! Happy, happy, joy, joy to you both.

I'm most curious about how easy it will be to manipulate things. For example, I'll want to lock items together and rotate them as a set; such as, turning a table and four chairs in a 45-degree angle and then sliding them over a half tile.

I'll also want to clutter things up. So how many useful items can be placed on a surface and still look and work okay? Just how many plants can share a tile and still be watered, yet not overwatered?

I'll want to adjust the roof so that the center roof has a 35 degree slope, yet the porch roof will get a 15 degree slope. So, do I adjust the slope slider and then build one roof and then readjust the slope slider and build the other, or can I just click on one roof that's already built and then use the slider. Ideally, both would be fairly easy operations.

Also, do the different traits picked in CAS make much difference to the expression the Sims normally have on their face? Will nice sims smile more? Mean sims now have a somewhat angry look on their face even when having a good conversation.

Also, you can tell traits now by the way Sims react to things. A lazy sim doesn't stand up straight when there are no actions queued next. A sloppy sim will pass gas and laugh about it after getting food all over while eating. A neat sim rubs his or her hands together in glee when asked to clean up. A romance sim struts and others think about him or her with hearts. What reactions you notice about these traits and aspirations would be interesting.

If you aren't so interested in these things, don't worry about it though. Go, and play with the new game and explore what you would like to. Two hours really isn't much time. You could spend that much time making a sim, and I know others will be curious about how many different hairsyles there are for the different age groups and genders as well as style options for clothes.

Then, there's a quick run through what furniture styles exist and how to mix and match the wallpaper and furniture. Will the woods of the windows and doors and sofa legs and table tops all match now? So much to explore, so little time...

Have fun!
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:57 PM
i shall have my mudder question ask for me while i play she'll probably be happy if i give her something to do she's not too happy about having to sit there for two hours i willl try and get quite a few of these things asked
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:15 PM
I'll try to remember them the best I can too.

#15 Old 1st May 2009 at 6:47 PM
Congratulations, you two! I'm super jealous I really hope this game turns out to be as fun as everyone is hoping!

I would love to find out more about babies/toddlers! it seems we have very little info on them. Are there more interactions than TS2? Can babies leave the house with you? What objects are there for either of those life stages?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:32 AM
Just curious, still gonna be foundations right? =P

And will there be multi level stairs instead of the fixed levels they give you based on the stage and floor?

Thanks and Congrats =P
#17 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:40 AM
Congrats!!! Have fun you two!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:48 AM
Have fun and tell as how bad it was ( sarcasm XD)

I wish i won some thing damn it >_>
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:05 AM
ZOMG!!! Congrats to both of you!

I just have one question: Can you see how sims with the Absent-Minded and Hopeless Romantic traits act? I hope it's not too much of a bother.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd May 2009 at 10:04 AM
Congrats!!! Can you also check whether there is still the 2tile border around the lot that you cannot build on?
#21 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:02 PM
Can you check and see if sims that are cheating on their spouses will try to hide it when their lover is around their spouse?Example the wife and her lover don't do romantic interactions in front of the wifes husband if she invites her lover to a party their having.In the sims 2 they wouldn't care if the spouse was in view they would makeout anyway with their lover.

Can you also check to see what the movie premeir is?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 3rd May 2009 at 3:44 PM
Tomorrow's the day!

Any more questions/enquiries? I'll try my best to remember them, and if I get a chance I'll check them out.

#23 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:45 PM
That is awesome, I hope you both have fun!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:55 PM
I also wonder if the build mode items like door, arches, windows, and plants can be adjusted over a quarter space or placed in the same square as something else. Now, when you use the moveobjects on cheat, the doors and windows don't place correctly until you reload.

I am also curious about stairs. I love to make the stairs with move that turn more than once or go up higher before turning. Now, the sims go up four stairs and turn to go the rest of the way up using the podium in what we call an L-shaped stair. Will we be able to make stairs that turn half way up or three-quarters of the way up easily? And, have you ever tried to change the modular stairs after the walls were in place? I always have to take out walls to change the stairs and then put the walls back in. That would be a great thing to check, if you get the chance.

Have fun tomorrow!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:10 PM
I'm very excited for you both!
Page 1 of 4