Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:01 AM
My best Friend is buying the sims 3. So i will be there when she tests it out, if i don't like it i won't buy it but if it is good i will buy it and try to find a cheap good pc that will play it. (DANG YOU VISTA)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:13 AM
Im getting it as soon as i can, just abit annoyed that we get it later than everyone else. There is a shop in the city centre of glasgow, they import games from america, there getting it in on the 3rd so ill hopefully have it then. Ill probably play the sims3 for a couple of weeks then switch between 3 & 2, got some intresting families im playing then now. So i wont be neglecting them.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
#53 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:18 AM
The last time I ordered a game online it came about a week after it appeared in the stores, so this time I'm just going to trawl all the stores in the city and pester them for the date they get it in stock

And does anyone have a clue why worldwide release is always scheduled later than US release? Is it because the stores in the rest of the world are not "disciplined" enough and keep putting out the game several days before it's supposed to, pissing off US players?
Field Researcher
#54 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
I won't hold off at all, I'm probably going to rush to the game shop the day it comes out. I think what really got me was all the new things you can do compared to TS2 (Being able to change furniture/clothes colour in game with virtually no experience)

That's what I like about TS3. It will be a lot easier to make rooms match, where in TS2 I always have a hard time matching Maxis couches with end tables, etc.

I started playing TS2 only two years ago, so I still have tons of things to discover. TS3 looks cool, but I know my computer won't be able to handle it, as it can barely handle my two expansion packs.
#55 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:53 AM
I can't afford it. Plus I don't think my computer will handle it.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:59 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to get it soon after the release. I'm not going all out and pre-ordering and such. I've done the research and while my desktop can't handle it (poor thing is so old), my dad's laptop can, so I can use his. The lack of loading screens, unbelievable customization ability, and the overall realism of Sims is what draws me in.

Will I miss TS2? Like heck I will. But is it worth playing after TS3 comes out? (hesitation)....probably not. I'll probably keep it on the desktop for a few months, but I think I'll wind up deleting it. It'll be hard, as I do have a few families I adore and that I accomplished so many things with (I just recently had my first max-all-skills Sim and my first alien abduction), but the overwhelming amount of new features, well, overwhelms the capacity of TS2.

Just call me Sam :]
#57 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RussaNodrey
I can't afford it. Plus I don't think my computer will handle it.

EA was saying they wanted the game to be able to run on granny's laptop... I have to say I don't really see that happening, unless the poly's and textures are extremely scalable. The seamless neighbourhood surely must be a memory nightmare? And doesn't the game require a gig of memory or something to run in Vista? Doesn't sound like the old laptop my granny's got, that's for sure
Alchemist
#58 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guardianpegasus
EA was saying they wanted the game to be able to run on granny's laptop... I have to say I don't really see that happening, unless the poly's and textures are extremely scalable. The seamless neighbourhood surely must be a memory nightmare? And doesn't the game require a gig of memory or something to run in Vista? Doesn't sound like the old laptop my granny's got, that's for sure

they never said "granny's laptop", they said "granny's computer" . Huge difference
#59 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:19 PM
Hold.. off.. on buying ts3? are you people all INSANE?

Haha I couldn't wait if someone paid me a gazillion dollars
Instructor
#60 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:27 PM
I have to wait since I have Windows 2000 on my PC. I don't know when I'll be able to get Vista ( I would rather have XP but since they've stopped selling it...), I'm pretty broke for the moment. And also, I'd like to get some info from players before I deside to actually buy or not. So far I'm 50/50 about the game, I like some features but not too happy about others.

Edit: I can't spell...
#61 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:30 PM
I just bought a brand new comp and it has vista on it. Granted I bought it myself though. But still. Vista is power hungry :P
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:45 PM
Well, I don't really have a choice. Apparently my computer wouldn't be able to handle it (needs 1 GB RM, I only have about 512 MB), so until I can finish saving up for a new computer I can't play it at all *sniff*
#63 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:48 PM
You can upgrade your RAM pretty easily. If you have an extra slot you can put another 512mb stick or you can just buy a 1GB stick and replace the 512mb with it. RAM is pretty inexpensive.
#64 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:58 AM
wait. When I said my comp has vista on it, I mean XP. It has XP on it, NOT vista, because vista is power hungry. Sorry. Thought I should clarify :P
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th May 2009 at 5:50 AM
I will not be waiting on this one, and have had my pre-order since EB started accepting them. Can't wait personally.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 19th May 2009 at 9:11 AM
I'm going to pre-order it(I like the USB flash drive and the free Sims 2 EP download), but hold off the playing until I get a new laptop. I don't think my 1GB RAM Acer laptop won't be able to handle the game well.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 19th May 2009 at 9:35 AM
I'm in no rush. I won't necessarily even buy it at all. It depends of many reasons. My overall interest towards Sims has decreased so I don't know if I bother to start it all from the beginning once again. Also... if the new game isn't as awesome as they make it sound, I won't buy it and will probably just leave the community. The traits are the thing that interests me most because I have always wanted to create unique personalities. If they screw this up, I really have no reason to get the game. But whatever is the case, I won't rush with buying it. I want to wait so that "Woah!"-stage passes and people start seeing the negative aspects too. Only then I will make my final decision.
Theorist
#68 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:03 AM
I want to get it, sort of, but the price is a bit high for me now because I am unemployed.
I was thinking of waiting until I got a job or just seeing what bugs the game has first.

I got Sims 1 late (discovered it about a year after it was out), Sims 2 about 4 months after it came out, so I can wait...I guess..!!

Of course I will want to upgrade the computer which will mean more Simoleons...so...?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#69 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:41 AM
Wow, I got Sims 1 late, after all of teh EPS had already been realeased (around 2005?), and I got Sims 2 only last year. I'm really afraid that, once TS3 comes out, everyone will forget about Sims 2 and I'll be playing a "dead" game. I couldn't afford it, as I'm still saving for a computer that can handle the sims 2 effectively >.>"

Also, about the realistic thing, I agree, I LOVE the cartoony feel of Sims 2. In sims 3, the graphics are great, but I'd be a little freaked out at my realistic sims. I couldn't bear to watch them die, or have babies, or anything. Plus, they can't do all those childish, wacky actions if they were realistic.

YES, I is a Nintendork!
I'm not a morning person. or an afternoon person. Acutally, im not an "anytime of the day" person.
Instructor
#70 Old 20th May 2009 at 12:16 PM
The more I know about the game, the less I am interested. Plus I'm not willing to upgrade my comp just to play Sims 3, it's not worth it. I might buy the game next year or even later, when at least one EP and patches are out. At this moment, I'm perfectly happy playing Sims 2 with all EPs and my old beloved SimCity 4.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:44 PM
I plan on getting it but not right away. I want to read some user reviews first. I'll probably get it in early July. My hubby's already promised it'll be my early anniversary present.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:12 AM
I'v pre-ordered, the sims 2 was the first game I ever preordered, this would be my second. I'm a bit sad on leaving my sims2 families, but I'm sure I'll get over it.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:46 AM
Well... maybe it is a bit sad, but yes, I too will be setting my Sims 2 aside and moving on to The Sims 3. I'm just always hungry for newer and better stuff, I guess
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st May 2009 at 9:12 PM
At first, I didn't even have plans to buy it because my old laptop wouldn't have been able to handle it. Now that I have a new laptop (with top notch video card and 3 GB memory), I could buy TS3, but I'm on the fence. I haven't heard anything that has me really excited about the game. I think the Sims look funny and with all the bugs some of the expansions with TS2 had....I'm really hesitant. I may eventually buy it, once there are mods and CC available for download.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 21st May 2009 at 9:21 PM
I will buy it month later after it comes out...or maybe me mid june xD I will still keep TS2 because i have two stories going on in there.
Page 3 of 7