Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:23 AM
One thing I am glad about though is that we can rotate objects not just in 4 sides but diagonally also... it must be that way because how else can it be when seeing the one photo of a couch placed diagonally? So now instead of rotating 4 sides it will be 8 sides. This is great because now we can make more use of diagonal walls. In TS2, we can only place doors and windows on diagonal walls, correct?
Advertisement
#52 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:30 AM
hmm... a agree with most of the things that you said... but my wish is maby stupid... :handbag:

I would like that Sims can be famous, and that other "normal" sims are excited when they see them (if they like them), something like the The Sims Superstar...
It can be an expansion pack (I mean it doesn't have to be in the base game)... I would love that sooooo much! And i would also love that hair-growing thing

p.s. sorry on my english!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:33 AM
I have a feeling we are not getting hair growth this time, which would be so nice to have that way we can make use of hair salons. I hope we get to have growing facial hair for men so that they can have to shave if they don't want facial hair. But I have yet to see facial hair in any of the pictures.

EDIT: But it should only work if we make our Sims with facial hair. Some should be born smooth.
Test Subject
#54 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:03 AM
I would like the sims to be easier to control when one is trying to make a film. Only the very best of the machinima makers can manage to create a halfway decent film with the sims2, and I, alas am not one of them. I would also like better camera angles - I've tried changing the camera settings, but I can never seem to perfect them. I love the fact that the lots will be seamless - that will add alot of realism.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:05 AM
I'm sure the movie making feature will be expanded and improved.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:27 AM
I wonder if this time, if they will be an option to view the world thur a sims eyes.

This was orginially gonna be a feature of TheSims2, just like weather, but was scraped in the last stages due to serious glitches.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 5:20 PM
I was thinking, and I think in TS3 I would like divorces. It would be more real. Now if you cheat on your spouse, you can hate them, and move out and stuff, but what about divorces. This is how it shoul go..

You could click on the sims and say "get divorce". Then the sim could have one chance to beg you or whatever or agree. If they beg something could pop up and say "try to work it out", or "stick with divorce". Then you could choose which one.

It would also be interesting because if you have kids you can choose which kid stays with who and everything.

Just a thought
Mad Poster
#58 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:59 PM
I remember that camera feature like from Sims Theme Park where you could follow the person in a first-person view. I hope we get that feature this time in TS3.
#59 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:01 PM
That would be great for making movies. I think it would also fit in because they are going for more a rpg feel it seems. That's how the magazine described it anyways.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:12 PM
Yeah, I really hope so.
Test Subject
#61 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:13 PM
- More realistic movement. I personally do not walk like a robot.

- More interactions with babies and toddlers. I think kids should be able to hold babies. Sims should be able to sit and hold their toddler/baby. I'd love a rocking chair!

- Just something silly, but I'd love if kids could be sometimes scared and run to their parents, like during a thunder storm.

- Slumber parties for kids

- Main aspects of Free Time and Pets to be included in the base game. Do we REALLY need a new EP for these? I don't think so.

- Apartments for sure

- A lot of good objects, hair, skintones and clothes. I hate having to download so much custom content (slowing my game) because they are so few choices.

- Bikes! Why must our sims take a car to work or walk?

- I'd love the toys from OFB to be included like the lemonade stand

- Actual divorce. I hate how you have to keep fighting and fighting to get married sims to hate each other enough to split up, and then one just walks away. I'd love for sims to have to file for divorce and decide who gets to stay and who gets the kids etc.

- Make it harder to fall in love. After five minutes of flirting, a sim should not be ready to get married.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:19 PM
Amen to that, lissielu!
Alchemist
#63 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 6:42 PM
i reckon they should get some really good cc makers like Raonjena and Peggy ect. to make the stuff in it
Scholar
#64 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 7:09 PM
I know that some other posters have said this, but because the developers have said that this game focuses on the community macrocosm, I think it would make a lot of sense if they included a REPUTATION/INFAMY system in the game.

You could build + or - reputation based on your #woohoos, simoleans, job, #friends/enemies, and people would react to you accordingly. Say, if there were a "greedy" trait, then a sim with it would be highly attracted to another sim with a high simolean reputation.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
i reckon they should get some really good cc makers like Raonjena and Peggy ect. to make the stuff in it

Definitely Raon and Rose but not Peggy, her stuff sucks because the colors are horrible and the meshes don't even work correctly somethings for having to pay for the damn downloads, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
I know that some other posters have said this, but because the developers have said that this game focuses on the community macrocosm, I think it would make a lot of sense if they included a REPUTATION/INFAMY system in the game.

You could build + or - reputation based on your #woohoos, simoleans, job, #friends/enemies, and people would react to you accordingly. Say, if there were a "greedy" trait, then a sim with it would be highly attracted to another sim with a high simolean reputation.

Actually, it was mentioned in one of the magazines that it does matter what you do outside as well as inside. So you may just be right and I hope so, too!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by livingstonekat
the grid is annoying because in real life you can place more than one thing in a square foot and I hate it when a counter space is taken up by just a phone or a tiny plant. Maybe there should be a smaller sub-grid

Now that's a good idea
Mad Poster
#67 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:31 PM
I agree. They could revamp the grid system for maximum creativity and realism.
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:58 PM
Just one of my ideas im sure i'll post many more in this thread
but i would really like to see clutter/junk/rubbish etc
or does EAxis believe that everyone has extremly tidy and clean houses?!
Mad Poster
#69 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
I am sure we will get clutter. Free Time EP gave us loads of them.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:13 PM
I'd like to see a better building program one that doesn't require cheat codes to be put in
to join house to garage as well as a basement tool.
A mechanics career with gas station/garage for vehicles.
Side missions anyone? to earn say $$$ or points to put where you want.
Just a couple so far...
Forum Resident
#71 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:56 PM
I'm also hoping that basic stuff from TS2 expansions is included in the base game. I mean, now we have weather, you can't take it away! Same goes for the cars, pets (maybe, I wouldn't be that bothered but some people will), vacations, all the basic, daily life things. Having eviler sims would be great too. I don't mean I want them running around with chainsaws hacking other sims to death in horrifyingly gory ways, just being able to kill other sims by poisoning their food or shooting them, I don't know. It'd be awesome for stories!
Inventor
#72 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 11:08 PM
I would like to see a lot of updates in the build-mode too.

- a build in lot expander. Or the possibility to separate houses from lots. (Separate garden/house.)

- As buzz2112 mentioned, the possibility to build a fundament-ed wall next to a lower wall without complicated cheats, for building garages etc.

- the possibility to build as far as the border of a lot. I hate seeing that 'location out of bounds' message on those last 2 green grid-lines. Than we can finally build houses and neighbourhoods that look more like a city than a suburb.

-more stairs, I never understood why they didn't put a spiral stair in TS2 (there was one in TS1), but I also want a stair that is rounded at the top/ or bottom. (Like most stairs in the houses I know are.)

- have diagonal roofs that are actually attics. A sort of diagonal combined wall/roof tool.

I really want to make a reproduction of my own house with the sims. But it is not possible at all because my house has a 19th century Dutch roof. There is no frelling way to reproduce that without the possibility to make diagonal (say 60 degree angled) roofs with living space inside.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:42 AM
To clear up some confusion, you may want to change the title to base game instead of box. Just a suggestion, that's all.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:22 AM
Some way to incorperate music and video into the game without having to copy the music into the folders, for the reason being that I don't wnat/need duplicate files of movie and songs.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:28 AM
And now that we can create our own custom radio stations thanks to Free Time, I trust we will be able to in TS3. I also want lots more radio stations and more genres, too.
Page 3 of 7