Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:18 PM
I guess I'm in good company!

I definitely want Seasons, but I'd like to see EA expand the idea to include holidays as well. With the Holiday stuff pack we got Christmas and Santa. Fine. But with a seamless neighborhood, SimKids could go trick-or-treating for Halloween (so of course, the pack would have to include cute costumes!), and maybe Sim sweethearts could exchange valentines... And what about the Easter Bunny?? Echo's version was awesome!

I loved Vacation in the original Sims, and I love Bon Voyage in Sims 2. All my newlywed couples go on honeymoons, and I take lots of pictures of them there. And my very favorite Sim owns a backcountry campsite (as a "vacation home"), and she almost spends more time there than she does at her house in the base neighborhood.

ANIMALS!! Yes, I know pets can be a pain, and I rarely let my Sims have them. But I like having the option if I want it. I miss the iguanas and turtles from the original Sims. And I'd laugh if I saw a mean kid maybe torment his little sister with a snake. And, like everyone else, I'm still waiting for farm animals!

I'd love to see an EP that adds some different themed neighborhoods, like medieval (which could include vampires) and sci-fi (which could include aliens) and Victorian (Steampunk servos?).

Most of my families own their own businesses. I hope we get that option!

I send all my teens to college, but I agree with the general consensus that University is mind-bogglingly boooooooring. We don't have follow our SimKids to school, so why should we have to see them through University? Couldn't we just have them earn scholarships and pick a major, and then send them on their merry way for a while? When they return, they've transitioned into Young Adults and earned a degree. Problem solved.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Advertisement
#52 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 11:17 PM
With the reveal of the Movie Maker tool, I want a Superstar remake now. Make it about becoming a movie star and add all sorts of sets and costumes for it. Add some more effects the the movie maker, and allow us to create scenes that our Sims can play out and you have a combination of an old EP and a powerful machinima tool.

A seamless Studio Town could also be fun, if anything gossip should flourish there.
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 10:58 AM
So many ideas! I was just wondering, since we are able to make the Sims thin or fat.. could we adjust their heights too? I'd love to be able to make my guy Sim taller then my girl Sim! It wouldn't be right when you're writing a story and you're describing the guy as 'very tall' and he turns out to be the same height with the others! :eviltongu. :jk:.
#54 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:44 PM
I think if they remade Seasons it would like soak up so much specs with the seamless neighbourhood and everything :@
Instructor
#55 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:46 PM
I definitely want pets back. Almost all my families in TS2 (post pets EP of course) had at least one pet. Most of them had two in fact (and some had many more)! I am such an animal lover myself, it's hard to see my sims without fuzzy four-legged companions... especially the sims that live all alone

Horses would be VERY fun to have in an EP! They could include options like being able to board a horse at a stable (if there's not enough room at home) in exchange for mucho simoleans... being able to enter into competitions (and I missed this from the Unleashed EP back in the day... why didn't Pets include pet shows?!)... and of course, being able to brag to other people that you have a horse (especially spoiled little rich girls :3).

WEATHER is a very big part of life and I would like to see them put it back into the game. As much as I would enjoy constant blue skies, my sims should be able to experience thunder and lightning, and snow.

I hope they release a Sci-Fi EP... I really want aliens back, and maybe in more variety than we had before. :P
#56 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fireflyastori
Halloween EP - Includes options for costumes, costume parties, and trick-or-treating as well as all kinds of furniture and decorations. Might include magic, zombies, vampires, and werewolves.

I think that is a fantastic idea, although really EAxis should put it in the base game :/ I am loving the trick-or-treating idea!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:40 PM
Yes I second that about a holiday ep that includes all holidays for the year, not just xmas. And definately having weather back. Also how about an ep that includes popular fastfood joints like Mcdonalds and burger king, etc., that are actually workable, like being able to go through a drive thru. There are so many great ideas out there for eps.
Theorist
#58 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:53 PM
Weather is a must, although as said already it would probably ramp up the system requirements a lot, especially when it's winter. It would pay off though, TS3's graphics are already a decent step up from TS2 and it would probably look cool when the sky lights up during a thunderstorm and seeing all the crazy lightning shapes. My friend keeps suggesting severe weather like tornadoes and floods but I'm not sure what other people would think...personally I don't want them lol.

I actually had a dream last night that pets were going to be in the first EP. :wtf2: When I opened the box for TS3 there was a little ad advertising the next EP like what they did with TS2 and there was a small picture of a Siamese cat from TS2. There was a caption saying "Do your sims miss their pets? Well, now we're going to make it up to you with the first expansion pack for The Sims 3!" With that being said, pets are also a must. Things like horseback riding, farms, pet shows, and more small pets like the iguanas would be great. Since the neighborhood is seamless maybe if a pet runs away there's a chance you can find them and convince them to come back? One thing to keep in mind though is to not let strays roam everywhere in the neighborhood, that could get annoying. Imagine if dogs could jump into the community pool and swim!

Expanding the world beyond one neighborhood seems to be a given. Even if it's not done with TS3 it definitely will be in TS4. Holidays and vacation destinations should be brought back whenever they do that. More places like the restaurants should be opened up so that you can go inside and customize them too. It seems counter-intuitive to say you have a seamless neighborhood but then you can only follow them inside the gym, library, and other sims' houses.

Your sims can already become famous in the base game, but the Studio Town needs to be brought back, that was so much fun. :D
#59 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigga07
I also think it would be awesome to expand on the sports. Like since there will be mountains, something like boating, watching your sims hike to a spot and camp and snowboard and skiing. I like the idea of a Carnival that has added features like taking sims to roller coaster rides and the them changes depending on the Season. Like Summer would be Water Parks and for Fall an Autum Harvest Festival so on with Winter (Christmas Parade of Lights Park). Funny idea but since there is a court house what if Sims went to Jail instead of just being Fined? Or the crook actually goes to a Sim Jail when they are arrested? All those neglected babies hauled off to Foster Care and Parents can still some how have more? Jail you go for Sim Baby Abuse. Just a weird idea lol!

This sounds like a good idea...if they are going to redo some of the old expansion packs they should really make it more detailed. I love the idea of boating, and more sports. I really hope they bring back superstar or something similar and make it more fun. An amusement park one would be nice sort of like open for business..hm.
#60 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:15 PM
[QUOTE=JacobEdward]I think it would be AWESOME to have a Natural Disaster EP, where earthquakes/tornadoes/hurricanes just happen randomly.

they wouldn't do that because too many kids play the game.
#61 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:57 PM
i love the idea of a theme park and i really want superstar and pets and seasons. i wish they would put magic and fantasy (werewolves, vampires, aliens) in one EP so that way people who don't want that in their game wouldn't have to have it in their game.
#62 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:21 AM
will there be a sims 3 store and EPs?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#63 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:28 AM
squzalkitty, the Sims 3 official site has confirmed there will be a Sims 3 store: http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/feature5.jsp
Forum Resident
#64 Old 4th May 2009 at 7:42 PM
I'd really love it for most if not all of the special races--aliens, vampires, werewolves, plantsims, robots, witches, etc--to be refurbished and introduced into expansion packs. Kooky creatures are a part of what makes the game so fun!

That and I was never able to buy Seasons, but weather would be nice too. All sunny all the time is just plain boring!
#65 Old 15th May 2009 at 5:48 PM
i don't know why so many people don't like sims univercity?
i thought it was great.

but i think pets whould have been if you could acctually CONTOL your animals.
it really annoyed me when you couldn't really play as the animal.

and awesome ep would be to add all the creatures into one ep, and maybe add a carrer as a monster hunter too.
but i really hope that AT LEAST aliens are put into the base game, and you can be abducted and insiminated like on TS2
Instructor
#66 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:20 PM
Weather is a definite MUST. I was quite disappointed to find it wouldn't be included in the base game.

Weather could be included with a vacation expansion that includes sunny, tropical locations and cold snowy locations. Plus typical holidays could occur like Xmas and Halloween and the sea could be opened up a little a la Bon Voyage!

I don't think weather would ramp up the systems specs too much since with The Sims 2 the weather, for the most part, was just clever lighting and a "mask" placed over the screen showing rain drops and snow. The only effect I would be concerned about is snow on the ground but I'm sure they could work around it keeping the system specs as low as possible. They've managed so far...
Theorist
#67 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:33 PM
I think a lot of people disliked Uni because nearly everything that was added was strictly focused on university hoods. Outside of the university not much else was really added, while with EPs like Nightlife and Seasons they added a lot of general stuff.

The plane flying overhead in Magnus' character video might be a subtle hint at vacations being brought back in an EP. It would be a bit weird to see planes flying overhead yet your sims are still confined to their hometown. Now that I think about it, if traveling is brought back then loading screens would be replaced with watching your sim's plane fly to their destination, which would mean that there would be an airport somewhere too. The airport would probably be a rabbit hole since it might be boring to wait around for your sim's flight. Makes me wonder if the neighborhood can be expanded from it's original size like with The Sims 1...I doubt they use SimCity 4 to make neighborhoods for The Sims 3.
Instructor
#68 Old 15th May 2009 at 8:56 PM
Of course they wouldn't use any SimCity games. EA abandoned it, because they're too stupid to realise that they messed up Societies, and that there are still fans who would buy a new SimCIty game if they did it right.
#69 Old 15th May 2009 at 10:10 PM
I'd like to see my Sims at work in an expansion. Possibly add some business tycoon type features. Workplaces are great social environments in real life, and the Sims already do bring people home from work. It would be great to manage watercooler conversations and do a little extra to get a promotion.
#70 Old 16th May 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote:
kvsims2 said:
Oh also I want WEATHER back!! Thats one thing I'm really going to miss from sims 2.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is quite disappointed about the weather.
#71 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psycho_Bunny
you know, I hope they include more instruments, and instead of being good at all of them, they can improve on one particular instrument... because, guitars, bass, drums, piano, violin... I mean, just that? They should put on a lot more like the cello, the flute, maybe something like the koto!
In fact, imagine if they released an EP just for music and stuff!!
that'd be so cool! :D

So far, I've only seen Accoustic guitars, I WANT ELECTRIC GUITARS! What about us Metal players, EA? Not every guitar plays acoustic guitar, 99% of those songs (IMO) are utter poo! (Real word changed)

I want Superstar, a Music EP, Animals (Done right this time), Weather, Apartments and Nightlife there's nothing else that really interests me.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:33 PM
My suggestions:

1. Nightlife/Downtown/dating
2. Vacation @dlisted the use of moutain, lake and sea for leisure would really be great!
3. Seasons @happycowlover we HAVE to have weather back[2]
4. university
Field Researcher
#73 Old 27th May 2009 at 9:12 PM
As for the ones I would want them to return would be a spin on Nightlife/Hot Date, Seasons Top Priority. Bon Voyage/Vaction, Superstar I think that would really work well with TS3.

I'm sure if they redid FT and Apartments it would be nice just change some things around in them, with Pets they would have to really rework it to get me to buy it again Pets was cute but more of a nuisance to me more then anything. University would be nice with a seamless neighborhood, would make dorms/frat/sorority housing seem really nice.

For new EP's I really dont know what they could do.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th May 2009 at 10:37 PM
I agree that I want pets/unleashed on steroids. Damn it, I want my sim to have a horse! I think some people elaborated on that quite awesomely earlier. I've always loved pets and always seem to have one in the family. I basically made dog breeder sims more then once. I think a lot more could be done with them, but I think with more umph to it it could be really good.

I think a rework of OFB would be great. I'd like to see more possible businesses and smoother running, but it's always been a really fun way to play.
Eminence Grise
#75 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:28 PM
My idea is a uni/AL combo. It would include group living... multiple, separate households on a single lot, thus bundling dorms, hotels, and apartments, and throw in retirement communities, condos etc as well. It would also include an in-town college, with one or more "rabbit hole" buildings. It would be integrated into the base hood, and any sim could attend. It would come with a new academic career... maybe education, with branches for research (ending in Professor Emeritus) and administration (ending in College President). And plenty of university-friendly objects and interactions
Page 3 of 5