Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:18 PM
I'll probably do my best to recreate whatever legacy heir I'm currently playing in TS2 in TS3 and then explore the game with him or her while continuing my legacy at the same time.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twister_412
I'll go through all the personality options and make what would basically be more advanced versions of my current Sims.
I wouldn't make myself, though, because I always found self-Sims a little creepy O.o

Yeah, I've never made a self-sim. I just don't like the idea of playing myself. I mean, that's real life But I'll probably make a single fem sim and go from there. I was thinking of re-making the only legacy family I ever had (23 generations and going strong) and maybe starting them all over again. But gosh. There's so much to do! I'll probably try to do a thousand different things and then implode from the sheer awesome-ness of it all
Field Researcher
#53 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:32 PM
I will CAS with new tools and start explore the neighbourhood
they say the sims 3 got many new interaction ,
so i will try new interaction with sims and stuff!!
Instructor
#54 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:33 PM
Probably spend the first full day just messing around in create a sim.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 20th May 2009 at 5:10 PM
well , i will skip tutorial (which will come back to bite me) , then i will spend a good hour maby hour and a half making a me sim, put her in a modern all leopard house, get her a bike and go check out the town.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th May 2009 at 8:31 PM
Very first is tutorial, just to get a feel for the game. Next, Save. Then I will go under CAS and make the perfect sim, move her into one of the premade houses and continue on my legacy from there
Theorist
#57 Old 20th May 2009 at 9:45 PM
I'll remake two of my favorite characters from Rock Band, one guy and one girl who will start as roommates and fall in love. The guy has white hair with red streaks (patriotic Canadian lol) so he's a great candidate for messing with the hair options in CAS. Then I'll motherlode them since they're rock stars and I'll have them explore Sunset Valley.

If EA's servers aren't too busy I might have Riverview and a download or two before I even start up the game.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 20th May 2009 at 10:04 PM
I am going to get a feel for the game before i let my evil minions.......I mean sims on to the NHood. Then I will proabably make a family and play them. I want to make a legacy but i'm not to good at them. oh well!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:37 AM
Yeah... I'm with the others on here who said they were gonna create their Sim selves and explore. That's what I'll do as well. I don't know... maybe I'll start off as a single Sim just to get the full experience. I'll buy a house, get a job (and maybe a few pay raises), then when I have my feet firmly planted on the ground, I'll marry and start a Sim family
Mad Poster
#60 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:46 AM
Self sim and my husband self sim Make them as YA and exceed in career then it is beebeez taim! XD Then evntully remake Tybalt Capp. That will be one of the reasons I will keep TS2. And also for my on going stories.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:22 AM
The first thing I like to do is just jump into the game. I like to find out about things on my own. I will jump right into to making a sim. It's actually my favorite thing to do in Sims 2. I spend a LOT of time on making sims. I will probably just start off with one, and I will make it fall in love and the rest is sim history.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:22 AM
Actually, I'm gonna spend as LITTLE time as is humanly POSSIBLE in CAS. I have a pretty good idea of the traits I want... I really just wanna jump right into the game and see what it's all about! All I ever hear is what you can do with CAS, and by now, I'm a little bored with that already.

It's ALMOST like they've spent the last 4 months or so BOMBARDING us with info about what we can do with CAS. CAS seems to me like a spec of dust in the entire universe... there's soooo much more to the game that they could've been telling us about.
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:01 AM
I'm going to start by playing the Goths and the Bachelors a little, and get to know the game before I create myself and my boyfriend in CAS and move them in to Sunset Valley.

If we place a hot body in contact with a cold body, heat will transfer from the hot body to the cold body until they are at the same temperature.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st May 2009 at 12:09 PM
1. Get Riverview ASAP.
2. Get the car that comes with the Collector's Edition.
3. Begin the Thatcher Family, the first of which will be the leader of the free world in Riverview.
4. Not cheat.
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st May 2009 at 12:49 PM
Looking over this thread again I noticed a lot of discussion about pre-mades. I usually don't play pre-made sims, and if memory serves me correctly I didn't even mess around with the tutorial too. I'm one of those people who likes to go gung-ho into the game and test things out, so I plan to start a new family in Riverview (likely named after a celebrity such as Gordon Ramsay or American talk show host Jim Rome)

BTW I think the only time I play pre-mades is when they are relocated to another house, I control their family for a few seconds just to give them a phone on a table so my people can stay in contact.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ixcuincle
Looking over this thread again I noticed a lot of discussion about pre-mades. I usually don't play pre-made sims, and if memory serves me correctly I didn't even mess around with the tutorial too. I'm one of those people who likes to go gung-ho into the game and test things out, so I plan to start a new family in Riverview (likely named after a celebrity such as Gordon Ramsay or American talk show host Jim Rome)

BTW I think the only time I play pre-mades is when they are relocated to another house, I control their family for a few seconds just to give them a phone on a table so my people can stay in contact.

Haha! Me too with regards to the pre-mades moving in long enough to have a phone on a wall for contact with me. Yeah, I don't play pre-mades either... I like to make my own story, if you will.

Back to the CAS... they've promoted it as if it makes up about 2/3 of the game, and that film-making is the other 1/3
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:09 PM
I am so excited i already have a rough sketch of my first 11 generations made. But really just want to try the game so i know wat i want to do. I think i might turn the story progression thingy off so nobody ages till i moved my family in and i have gotten to know the game.
Test Subject
#68 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:29 PM
Default What will be the first thing you do?
Start playing and start waiting for the first expansion add-on and the next and the next.
I hope they have a University expansion first.

Joey
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:07 PM
Probaly create a Japanese gal (as usual) and make her become a singer or sumfing lol then get her 2 explore the nhood and keep an eye out on the rest of the nhood and get her gossiping!
Inventor
#70 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:09 PM
I remeber what I did in 2004 when I first started playing the Sims 2, after playing the tutorial I made a random character, moved him into the little hut in the woods in pleasantview and started exploring the game with him.

I'll likely do something simular this time

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#71 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:24 PM
I am going to make a sim me, in CAS and explore all of the new features, then I will jump into the game....build sim me a house and then get sim me a job in the culinary career track, after she gets promoted a few time and has a good amount of money, I will try and find my sim me a husband, then I will start getting my self sim pregnant and have her a few babies, and explore the neighborhood with the new kiddos!...I want to do a lot more but I can't think of anything esle right now!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:30 PM
I'll probably do a tutorial first. Then I'll go into CAS, make a nice sim and move them into an apartment, game permitting. Then i guess I'll just explore and get a feel for it.
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:09 AM
Well first, I'm getting myself a new freaking graphics card. My computer would probably explode (INTEL 82845G x]). Then I would probably go read about all the premade sims, and spend hours upon hours trying to make a sim that looks exactly like me.
Scholar
#74 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:44 AM
The choices, the choices...

I think first I'll make sure I have all the bonus downloads (Riverview, the Collector's Edition sports car, and isn't there also supposed to be an antique car for those who preordered?)

Then I'll either explore the town a bit, or make a black-haired, blue-eyed young adult and have her explore the town. I think I'll likely be spending a lot of my time just checking out all the neighborhood has to offer.

11 Days! I can't wait! :D
Field Researcher
#75 Old 22nd May 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by akksgurl
I'll probably do my best to recreate whatever legacy heir I'm currently playing in TS2 in TS3 and then explore the game with him or her while continuing my legacy at the same time.

Hey! I never thought of that! I really like your idea! Never thought of continuing a family from Sims 2 into Sims 3, but that is truly an awesome idea. That way we won't have to miss our Sims 2 as much (although I do still plan to play Sims 2 - my computer can handle it and it's hard to give up all that we've already spent our time and hard-earned money on!)

I will definitley not do like I did with Sims 2, which was to make a household of my whole family and try to play it before I even knew how to work the game. Lol! When I did that with Sims 2, I quickly became overwhelmed and my teenage daughter sim caught the stove on fire and died! I was so mortified I couldn't bring myself to play the game for a bit!

I think I will definitely save, turn off aging for the neighborhood, and go around trying out the different families and explore, to get the hang of it first.
Page 3 of 5