Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:38 PM
Default Grey's Anatomy

Who else is obsessed with it? I know I am. I own all the seasons on DVD, plus the calender and magazines.
So who else loves Grey's? Whats your favorite episode, quotes, etc? I can't be the only one on here who watches it. (:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:49 PM
I love Grey's! My favorite episodes are the one with the bomb in the patient, the one where George's dad dies and Christina tells him welcome to the club, the one with "really old guy," the ferry crash series, and the episode where Denny dies. I think this show is so poignant- I bawled when Alex pulled Izzie off of Denny's body and held her. There are so many emotional moments. I also liked the episode where Meredith almost dies after drowning and Addison tells Derek that he can't break down, not here, he doesn't get to break down now.

My favorite characters are probably Derek and Izzie. This season, I'm furious, though. I hate Derek and Meredith's roller coaster- she is so illogical. She needs to be slapped and should just get over her commitment issues. I don't know why she can't see that he's an amazing guy, and if she doesn't see it soon enough, he'll be taken. I read in an interview with Shonda Rhimes (spelling?) that Derek and Meredith will end up together, but I'm sick of waiting. They just need to figure things out.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:43 PM
This used to be my favorite show, but after Addison left I kind of got disinterested.

Favorite episode was DEFINITELY the Denny dying episode. I thought it was funny when I saw him and I was like "isn't he in Supernatural?" Ever notice he has a habit of dying in tv shows and movies? I love Jeffery Dean Morgan. He's a bit old for me though...

I've tried watching the show now, but the characters bug me... plus it comes on the same time as The Office. Izzy... I used to love her, but I find her annoying now. I always wanted her and George to end up together, but now that they are (they still are, right?) I just find it kind of... weird. Meredith is a buttface now. I still love Derek.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:39 AM
I agree with you frenzy.
In the current season Meredith is just soooooo annoying. Why was she so mean to Lexie and so repellent to Derek. Derek is just perfect and she lets him go?! She's such an emotional wreck. I hate her...

And this stuupid George-Izzie storyline... why couldn't they just stay friends. You know, the whole one-night-stand just should have never happend. It's so awfully written... this was such a unique friendship on TV. As far as I know, no other series ever had such a sweet non sexuel male-female friendship.

I used to love Grey's Anatomy so much but meanwhile it's just dumb.
Another thing that annoys me is that the're not much scenes with Sandra Oh anymore. She's such a gifted actress and can't show her full talent in these less scenes....I hope she wins her Emmy this year though.
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2008 at 12:37 AM
On a spoiler site I read that Meredith and Derek were for SURE getting together by the end of this season. But yeah, the rollarcoaster has been annoying.

And Izzie and George aren't together anymore at all, LUCKILY. But i wish that had never happened in the first place.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2008 at 12:45 AM
George and Izzie make a horrible couple. They have no chemistry whatsoever.

#7 Old 15th May 2008 at 1:21 PM
All episodes post writer's strike, I have to catch up on.

Rabid, they annoy me to no end. Izzie annoys me period. I don't know who is worse - her or Meredith.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th May 2008 at 3:04 AM
I love Grey's. It's my favourite show after Brothers and Sisters. Uhm, my fave episode was probably when really old guy died, it was deffo a tear jerker. My fave character is McSteamy ahh or Alex. I really can't stand that Ava chick. What a Slut

I'll admit the whole Derek/Meredith situation is a bit annoying but I don't want him to get together with Rose!!! erh

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Alex is your fave character??!!!! omg, really??? He's such an ass and not cute enough to ignore it...
do you remeber the scene when Alex and Ava were kissing and then she said: "don't call me Rebecca, I'm Ava." this was pretty weird, wasn't it. I can't stand her either. This creepy woman.
#10 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:39 PM
I love Callie and Bailey. They are probably my faves...
Scholar
#11 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:47 PM
How pissed off am I that every week Grey's Anatomy gets 2 more minutes into LOSTs time slot which is used for longing looks and crappy slow motion walking with song overlays.... end this! lol
Scholar
#12 Old 16th May 2008 at 5:26 PM
I think a Grey's/House spoof line pretty much sums up Grey's Anatomy for me

Addison: Jeez, I've been so focused on relationships, I've forgotten how to practice Medicine.

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Instructor
#13 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onah
Alex is your fave character??!!!! omg, really??? He's such an ass and not cute enough to ignore it...
do you remeber the scene when Alex and Ava were kissing and then she said: "don't call me Rebecca, I'm Ava." this was pretty weird, wasn't it. I can't stand her either. This creepy woman.

Yes! She's a freakazoid! LOL like what's up with her face? and to think she's playing a good character in the upcoming Twilight movie

Oh I actually think there's something about Alex that's really attractive. I dunno what though XD yeah I'd go into a spare room with him any day XD

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th May 2008 at 4:34 AM
I love Grey's! My favorite episode would probably be the series where there's an overturned ambulance outside the hospital. Even though he was only in those two episodes, I cried when the paramedic (Stan) died! My second favorite would be, as others have said here, the epi where Denny dies. It seems strange to say that one of my favorite episodes feature a character dying, but it was just such a heart-breaking story!

My favorite character would have to be Bailey, no doubt about it, followed by Sloan (even though, as declared by Bailey in a new episode, he's a whore. :P). I'm definitely not a fan of Meredith, and her whole relationship with Derek has gotten on my nerves. ‘I love him, I don't love him, I like him, I hate him, he's the one, he isn't the one.’ URG! Make up your mind already, Mer!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th May 2008 at 8:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidLlama:
...My second favorite would be, as others have said here, the epi where Denny dies.

This was really sad. Maybe the whole series would still be as wonderful as it used to be, if he didn't die. Well beside nutty Meredith of course...

He and Izzie would be still together and had their own problems, but this stupid George thing had never happend.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th May 2008 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cassieandra
Yes! She's a freakazoid! LOL like what's up with her face? and to think she's playing a good character in the upcoming Twilight movie

Oh I actually think there's something about Alex that's really attractive. I dunno what though XD yeah I'd go into a spare room with him any day XD

What role is she playing in Twilight?
Alchemist
#17 Old 23rd May 2008 at 1:28 PM
I actually WATCHED this last night. I haven't watched it in ages. I was kind of lost with all the relationships. Callie and Dr. Hahn (sp?)... when did that happen? I'm confused. But either way, it was AWESOME. I totally got teary eyed at the end with Alex being all sad...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd May 2008 at 8:04 PM
Great finale. I cried at Beth's reaction to Jeremy dying. I love Derek having to do the "honorable thing"... why can't there be more guys like him? So it looks like he and Meredith are back together now; I knew she'd come around. Poor Alex, too.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th May 2008 at 11:25 PM
***For anyone who hasn't seen the epi yet, there be spoliers below!***

Excellent finale! I loved it. I felt so bad for Alex though, I almost cried at the end!

Am I the only one who thinks there's something omnious about Derek's "Wait for me" comment? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it....
Instructor
#20 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic
What role is she playing in Twilight?

She's playing Esme

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th May 2008 at 4:24 PM
Okay, so my theory is that Derek's whole "wait for me" thing is gonna turn out to be something bad. I think, and this is just in my morbid mind, that he's gonna get in a car accident or something along those lines and Meredith is gonna be standing there in the grass with all those candles like "wtf where is he" kinda thing. Like I said, morbid thinking.
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:04 PM
ya i sensed something bad with the "wait for me" thing too. it was just the face she made after he said that. oh well...hoping for the best!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:12 PM
I have a feeling that Meredith is going to freak out while waiting and leave.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:20 PM
Funny you guys should mention the ominous feeling about the "Wait for me" comment. My husband had the same car accident theory. It would fit the storyline, since everything can't fall right into place. That would be too predictable and happy. No, something has to go wrong. And now that Meredith has "resolved" her issues, thanks to therapy, she will wait...and wait...and it will bring her trust issues to the surface again. At least, that's what we're thinking.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 11:52 PM
Thread bumper to the rescue :D! Since the show is coming back soon, I figured we might as well start chatting . I was watching reruns of the ferry crash episode on Lifetime, and it had one of my favorite Izzie quotes. The real sublime part of that episode was when Denny's ghost touched Izzie, though, just like she said she believed. Made me cry :P.

Izzie: People die in front of us every day. But I believe Meredith will survive this. I believe, I believe, I... believe in the good. I believe that it's been a hell of a year and I believe that, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that we will be okay. I believe a lot of things. I believe that... I believe that Denny is always with me... and I believe that if I eat a tub of butter and no one sees, then the calories don't count. And I believe that surgeons who prefer staples over stitches are just lazy. And I believe that you are a man who made a terrible mistake marrying Callie and I believe that because I'm your best friend I can tell you this and we will be okay. I believe that even though you made this mistake you will be okay. I believe that we survive, George. I believe that believing we survive is what makes us survive.

Izzie is my favorite character- she's so inspirational. One of the things I love about this show is that almost every character is played by a wonderful, poignant actor. Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, etc... I don't think George and Meredith are great, but other than that, everyone is phenomenal. I can't wait for it to come back.

Page 1 of 4