Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 11:53 PM
Hayden still filing her nails, awaited for the return of the receptionist. She still needed a map, a timetable and a locker. Not that she desired any of this at the moment. She is a smart girl but she persistantly gets told by her parents and previous teachers, "Your not working to the best of your ability". So a new term meant a fresh start for Hayden, she would accomplish the best of her ability, be popular like her previous schools and most of all still be amazingly pretty.

She put her nail file bag in her nail kit which she neighboured it back in her clutch bag along with her phone and other accesories. She rummaged through her bag inspecting for her mirror, people looking at her would probably think she was an extremely shallow bimbo. This wasn't the fact at all, Hayden got along with anyone and everyone but didn't like two-faced people as she thought it wasn't fair being fake. Finally she found her mirror, so she perfected her long and wavy blonde hair, she then applied mascara. Hayden did not wear much make-up as her look was already natural and stunning. Mascara was a must have though.
"Hayden Alba?", the receptionist said behind the desk.
Hayden walked over to the desk, "Hi again" she said chirped softly with a smile.
"Here's your timetable, english first", the receptionist said as Hayden still looked confused. "Heres your locker combo, and at Brooklake your required to take an after school activity".
Hayden replied much more confused with an eyebrow raised, "You do cheerleading right?"
"Yes, you might wanna speak to ...", she was quiet for a second trying to remember the name, "... oh thats right, the head cheerleader Marie-Elisabeth Normandy"
Hayden nodded, smiled and walked off. Hands infront of her chest holding her clutch, with papers for the day to come. She walked around the corridors looking for locker number 381. She didn't have a clue where that was, and it didn't even occure to her that she had a mp in her hand. So far her first few minutes or so at Brooklake had not impressed her, she liked the school because it was modern. But she had yet no one to speak to, but she had only been there for a bit so she would give it a chance.

She explored the corridors for her locker but no luck, she ended up by the three students earlier. One of them named Katie, as she heard it earlier that morning. Not only did she had to look for her locker but the head cheerleader called Marie-Elisabeth or something, who ever that was. Being new to the school did not work to Hayden's advantage, as she knew absolutely no one and she would have to work her way to be popular once again. Her outfit should give her a positive impression on mostly everyone, if not she didn't care. She turned to see her locker was on the opposite side of the three students, one boy two girls either side of him. Locker number 381, she entered her combination and the locker still would'nt open so she shook it repetively making alot of noise echo through the corridor, she hit the locker and turned around leaning on the lockers behind her.

((OOC: Hayden is still approachable, little irratable by the lockers ))
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:29 AM
"Oh, Nice to meet you Matt", Kim said her smile still on her face. She'd been so glad when the boy had at least answered her. She was extremely paranoid about ignored for some reason, her therapist had said it had to do with her abandonment issues but she seriously doubted that. She shook his hand as she silently but subtly checked him over. His hair was artfully tousled to look like the " I just got out of bed and got this style effortlessly" look and he was very tastefully dressed, not to mention his very nice charm.

Once she was done, she'd pretty much got him figured out or so she thought. He was probably one of the preps, one of the high and mighty in school. You know the kind that everyone wanted to be and every girl wanted to be with. But, she chided herself, she could not just pass judgment like that on people with just a glance. Besides he had helped her find her way to class, and she was definitely grateful for that.

"Thank you so much", she replied to him with a sigh of relief. She'd thought she'd be doomed to go searching everywhere in the huge school for her class so she was glad for the trouble he saved her. "I'll be going now", she said flashing a last smile and heading towards the way that Matt had pointed to.
#53 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:51 AM
((School in real life takes so much outta me =P Hey Atropa, if your character isn't busy, someone just accidentally bumped into Aren's backpack))
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:56 AM
Default Roxy - Home & At School.
"Roxana Wiles! Get your ass out of bed NOW!" screeched her mother from the other room, to which Roxy stood up and threw her pillow down onto the bed. God, her mother could be such a complete witch sometimes. At least her dad would have forgotten all about her starting school again today and likely would have let her stay home; he didn't care too much about keeping track of things like that.

"ROXY!"

"I'M UP! Jesus Christ, just chill out or take a Midol..." she yelled back at her mother, who slung open Roxy's bedroom door and glared at her daughter, then uttered that one famous line most mother's use in this situation. "What did you say to me!?"

The teenager couldn't help but roll her eyes; honestly, why did parents have to ask that when they knew full well what you had said? She made a promise to herself right then and there if she ever did have kids, which she hoped to God she didn't, she'd never ask that pointless question of them. Roxy wasn't in the mood to put up with stupidity, not even from her own mother, so she just ignored her and started getting undressed so that she could just get /redressed/ again for school. She couldn't wait to graduate and watch all the 'popular' kids end up either fat and unhappy... or (in the case of the popular girls) pregnant and unhappy. Then she could sit back and have a good laugh at their expense, instead of the other way around. Chuckling to herself already, Roxy grabbed up her school bag and left the house without so much as a goodbye to either of her parents. She never had, so she wasn't about to start now; so began her walk to school, which was only a few blocks away.

Once she arrived, she noticed banners hanging over the entrance saying typically cheery crap that no student actually took to heart. 'Welcome back from Christmas Break!' one said, and Roxy just rolled her eyes and muttered, "More like 'Welcome back to the brain numbing idiocy that is 98% of your fellow student body!'." She then entered the hallway in her typical fashion, mostly crowded by the preppy girls who didn't bother to move even when you asked politely. So with an elbow into the back one here and another one there, she finally made her way to her locker which was beside Lila's. Thank God one of her best friends already happened to be standing there, as Roxy dropped her books carelessly on the ground to fiddle with her locker combination.

"Hey, Lila," she said with a smile, that changed over into a smirk soon after. "Ready for another semester in hell? I mean, school?" After a brief glance around without noticing a certain 'goth' boy, she looked at Lila once more and asked, "Where is Eeric? Don't tell me his cool parents gave him permission to drop out..."
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:19 AM
Student Application -
Name: Carly Sites
Age/Class: (automatically 16/Junior)
Clique: Jock
After School Activity: cheerleading
Brief History/Personality Description: Pretty popular athltice.. New student awaits enrolling alittle late and is nervous about friends. Hopefully cheer is a good thing for her
Anything else you might want to add:New student very rich has a Cadilac escalade loves to through parties
Instructor
#56 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:36 AM
{{ OOC: Haha, yeah she is. I think you can just intercept her or something}}
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:07 AM
Katie walked along the hallway, vainly looking for someone to talk to, or something to do, or a bathroom to lock herself in until first period.

As she was pacing like a caged tiger down the sophomore hallway near the nurse's office she bumped into a girl with clean European good looks. She stumbled back and barely managed to avoid getting her overfull backpack into the water fountain. She glared momentarily at her bag, as if expecting it to apologize for getting wet, and then let her expression clear a bit as she said to the other girl, "Heh, sorry about that, didn't mean to bump into you like that."

She gave a wide smile. She tried to make a good first impression, even if she was in a foul mood like now.

((OOC:laughy, hope thats alright with you?
Kjloga01, RP posts are single events. You can't just GM every single other person's charachter and wind up at a time completely different than everyone else is in. And how would she know anybody's name? Also, dialogue is in "quote marks" and should be set off by a carriage return.))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#58 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:17 AM
Default Matt with Kat and then Hayden, with a side dish of Natalie
Over the years, toying with people, in one way or another, had become second nature to Matt. A compulsion of sorts, in which he couldn't help but to indulge. Setting the stage, nudging the right pieces into right places through careful manipulation, switching on the lights, and then leaning back to enjoy the show. It was a power trip, pure and simple. A power trip like no other, knowing that he, in a way - be it large or small - had an impact on what happened in other people's lives. Granted, he did prefer somewhat more intricate schemes than something as simple as sending a new kid in the wrong direction, but hey, winter break hadn't offered much of a challenge in that department, and so he might as well ease his way back into it, right? And when an opportunity flat out presented itself, why not take it?
Kind of a pity though, the girl was cute. And apparently quite gullible, judging by how relieved and grateful she seemed by the fact that he had stopped and given such detailed directions, not seeming to even for a moment consider that he might be sending her the wrong way, as sometimes seemed to be downright customary with new students.

"Thank you so much", she said, her eyes having flicked ever so briefly over his appearance, much like his had hers moments earlier, and then concluded: "I'll be going now."

With that, she offered another pleasant smile, before turning to follow the instructions she had recieved. Matt on the other hand, lingered for a few seconds while watching her venture further and further in the opposite direction of where English class really was to be held, and finally let the faint smugness over his deed steal across his lips.

"See you around", he said, even though she was now too far away to hear him, especially over all the noise in the hallway.

Well, wasn't that fun? Now he'd just have to wait for Part Two to roll around. Whenever that would be. There was no telling how long it would take her to get to English class. First she had to realize that she was truly lost, and then she had to find her way back. Even if she did find someone else to ask, it would all still take long enough for her to be embarrassingly late.

It was at that point a sudden ruckus not too far from him, over by the lockers, cut through his musings, coaxing him into turning his head in order to see what was going on. But, as he did, something else caught his attention just as his gaze had begun to shift, and his eyes landed on a pretty blonde instead. A pretty blonde gazing right back at him, with her lips currently pursed together ever so slightly in a faint but clearly sarcastic smile. Natalie. Apparently, she had witnessed his little stunt just now, perhaps even heard what he had told the girl as well. Either that, or she still wasn't over him ditching her at the dance a couple of weeks ago, and explaining quite loudly to anyone that seemed interested, that he simply wasn't able to endure another minute in her company, lest he'd die of boredom. Although... Come to think of it, even though she had brought that all upon herself, by considering herself too good to hang out with Marie-Elisabeth and her friends, she probably wasn't over it anyway. Nor would she be any time soon. Matt was far from done with her.

And so, just to spite her, he flashed her that same dazzling smile that had helped getting her to go out with him in the first place, and then turned to finally see what the fuss by the lockers was all about. Almost immediately, his eyes fell on another pretty blonde - this time one he hadn't seen before - just as she turned around and frustratedly leaned her back against what he assumed was her locker. Another new student? And another pretty face too. Although she did seem a little over-dressed for school, in her colorful and shimmering dress, with the pink pumps to match. It looked nice, no doubt about it, but it was something he'd expected to see at a club on a Saturday night, rather than in school on a Monday morning.
But, it was still eons better than the 'awesome skirt' that had violated his eyes earlier. In fact, he wasn't sure those two outfits even existed in the same universe.
Ah, well, whatever. The eyesore was now gone, thankfully, and Matt could only hope he would never have to see it again. Ever. Though he doubted it. Those people had a tendency to pop up where you least expected them to, not to mention where you least wanted them to as well, so it probably was just a matter of time before he would be made to endure that embodiment of a wardrobe malfunction again.
Though in the meantime, he had better things to do and better things to think about. Such as blondie over there.

"You okay?" he carefully inquired, having taken a few steps closer and coming to a halt a couple of feet away from where she was standing.

He figured that with her rather annoyed expression, it might be for the better to approach with caution. There as no telling when, where, why and at who a teenage girl would suddenly lash out.

(((ooc: PurpleSummer- You mean J.D.? Yeah, I suppose I could have him walk into her. He's tired enough to not look properly where he's going, plus he expects people to scurry out of his way. *lol* Will have to post tomorrow though. Dead tired and need to go to bed. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Instructor
#59 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:44 AM
Kim grew more and more suspicious as she began to go deeper into the hallways. These hallways were a lot quieter and less crowded than the ones she'd just come from. She'd also gone past at least ten rooms and neither of which were the English class, at least as far as she knew.

Soon, she neared the nurse's office and thought that maybe she'd stop by and ask if the nurse knew where the class was. She walked down the hallway looking out for the sign that led to the office. Suddenly, she felt herself being pushed forward. She turned back to find a girl who looked mortified. She quickly apologized and Kim was quick to apologize too. "Ohh! no I'm so sorry, I hope i didn't spoil your bag", she said a hand over her mouth. Here she was only a half hour into the new school year and she'd already been bumped into, as only she could, she thought to herself.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:01 AM
Katie was satisfied to note that the other girl looked just as embarrassed as she was- so it wasn't some b*tchy prep trying to chew her out for rampant klutziness, always a good thing, though the fact she worried about it, and it had happened before was definitely not a good thing.

The girl quickly said, "Ohh! no I'm so sorry, I hope i didn't spoil your bag" and covered her mouth. The hall was deserted and both of them were standing, staring, blushing and assumedly hoping they hadn't irreparably screwed up. The situation was so absurd, the fact both of them were so horrified, that Katie couldn't resist a bit of a smile creeping onto her face. "It's alright, a little water never hurt anything."

Not nescessarily true, as Katie knew- capillary action through the fibers of the bag could then go into the paper of her books and make a large mess indeed, but that wasn't likely. She realized she was thinking randomly about physics- again- and thought to herself, "Katie, you are not going to be a total nerd this year!"

She had been wandering for lack of anything better to do, this girl looked like she was looking for something, class probably. Just because Katie didn't talk to many people didn't mean that she didn't recognize most people. This girl, not being recognized, was probably new. "So where you headed to?" she asked curiously. She didn't have anything of importance to do, the bell wasn't due to ring for a while, and almost all the required junior classes were on the other side of the building. So they were probably going in the same direction, the other girl just didn't realize.

((OOC: I'm off to bed))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:30 AM
Default Lila + Adam, then Roxy - Lockers
There was a faint inkling in her that somewhere, buried in the depths of her skull, that horrendous combination that was evading her at the moment was there, laughing at her and mocking her temporary stupidity. She stared with even more focused concentration, as though willing the lock to begin undoing itself free of her own guidance, but it remained determinedly closed. A minuscule sigh breezed through her pursed lips and Lila only broke her steady gaze when she heard a masculine voice entering her consciousness.

"Hey, I'm Adam."

Lila blinked several times in confusion and raised her jade eyes to survey the area around her; for a moment, she would have thought that her locker finally spoke up, annoyed that she had been gazing so furiously at it for so long. But it wasn't her locker; it was a person, fully alive and breathing built from flesh and bone just as she was. As if registering this fact suddenly, a bright smile blossomed over her delicate lips and Lila pivoted so she could face the alternatively-dressed young man.

"Oh, hello! I'm sorry, I was...distracted," she gave an apologetically sheepish grin and jerked an annoyed thumb at her resolute locker, shooting it a rather odd glare. "You know, long break; completely forgot my combination, all that nonsense. I'm really not too much of a ditz, but..." she chuckled softly and extended her free hand to him, friendly smile magnifying. "I'm Lila, by the way. Sorry, I have a tendency to ramble uncontrollably when I'm worked up," she gave a quick shrug and rolled her as at herself, as though wondering how she managed to get herself up and get dressed every day.

"Hey, Lila," this time the voice was far more familiar, and far more feminine. She really didn't even need to raise her gaze to meet the beautiful girl's face, for Lila was already clearly aware of who she was from the moment she had first uttered her name. As though her mere voice wasn't confirmation enough, Roxy spoke again with the dry wit that Lila so relished.

"Ready for another semester in hell? I mean, school? Where is Eeric? Don't tell me his cool parents gave him permission to drop out..."

Lila didn't even attempt to fight the laugh that built in her at Roxy's comment; the sad truth of the matter was that it wouldn't surprise her if Eeric's all-too-cool parents actually had allowed him to drop out.

"Well, the way it's going already..." she aimed an accusatory finger at her locker and sighed heavily, "seems like my semester is going to be just great." The sarcasm oozed from every word as she let out another amused chuckle before continuing, "And knowing Eeric, even if they did tell him he could drop out, he'd probably still come anyway. Nutcase. But yeah, haven't seen him yet. He probably overslept." Lila let her shoulders slacken into another shrug before she gestured in Adam's direction and offered him another smile. "Roxy, this is Adam! He helped distract me before I took out my anger on my locker." For that, she was extremely grateful. The last thing she needed was the shocked gazes of a hallway of her classmates falling on her as she potentially hurt herself trying to abuse her locker open.

((kjloga- Furry's right; make sure you follow the basic guidelines, no GM'ing and things of that nature
Who is open/in need of interaction? I'm looking for somewhere to toss Eeric in. ))

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Scholar
#62 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:31 AM
Default Josabeth - By the lockers
Marie-Elisabeth knew full well she was the envy of most of the girls in the school. Rich, beautiful, head cheerleader, good friends with one of the hottest guys in the school and dating one of the others. It was especially the latter people were jealous about, and it was obvious why. Josh was quite possibly one of the nicest guys she had ever met in her life. Jocks tended to have a reputation for being insensitive muscle heads, but that was the total opposite of him. He was always attentive to her, always seeming to know what to say or do to make her happy, and she loved him for it.

She would readily admit she had had her fair share of boyfriends. She didn’t think she had ever been single for longer than a week or so since she started high school. Marie-Elisabeth was the type of girl who liked the attention, she liked the feeling of being wanted and cared about by someone. And it was probably for that very reason that her current relationship was proving to be one of her longest lasting ones.

She really was happy that she and Josh had gotten all the same classes that semester, that just gave them more time to spend together. Just like they were now, and she smiled as he shifted so that he could face her properly.

“Hmmm, I don’t think my report card would agree,”
he had said, grinning in response to what she said about them having their classes together”I think I’m going to be very distracted.”

“Oh really” she said, grinning mischievously and rather pleased with the compliment “Well we can’t have that. They might kick you off the team. I guess I’ll just have to wear a paper bag over my head so I won’t be such a distraction”.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#63 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:58 AM
Default Anne Bailey
Student Application -

Name: Anne Bailey

Age/Class: 16/Junior

Clique: Closet Goth

After School Activity: School Paper

Brief History/Personality Description:

Anne is a quiet girl, but that is more of a product of her upbringing rather than her real nature. The oldest of four kids, she's a lot tougher than she looks and keeps a lot of very strong emotions hidden away where no one can see. In many ways, for the past several years, she has played the role of family protector. No one asked her to step up to the plate like that, but her mother currently has her hands full trying to avoid her abusive father's vicious behavior. The continual malevolence and belittling has left her kindhearted mother an emotional wreck, and Anne sometimes feels like she is watching her slowly shrivel, drained of will and filled with despair.

Whenever her father lashes out, she is there to intercept the blows and stinging comments. Unwilling to let that anger come near any of her younger siblings, she is the one that bustles them into the yard to play or takes them to the neighbors house for a sleepover when it looks like things are getting bad. She has tried time and time again to persuade her mother to leave her father, but to no avail, and her love for her and fear for her safety keep Anne close, for how can she protect her if she isn't there?

At school, she is the one that shrinks to the sidelines, afraid of being noticed. She sees the others laughing, talking, and playing together, but is afraid that if she gets too close to anybody, they'll start to notice that something is wrong and start prying. It is hard enough fending off some of her teachers' questions- they have noticed the way she never wears short sleeves and the way she'd often arrive at school with red-rimmed eyes, vehemently denying that she had been crying. She would be getting stellar grades that would rival many of the so-called nerds at school, but the many sleepless nights and preoccupation of her troubles at home leave her too tired and distracted to devote the necessary effort to achieving those kind of grades.

She secretly fantasizes about a guy coming to whisk her away from her troubles, her own personal knight in shining armor, but she's not holding her breath. Even if he did come, she would be afraid of showing any kind of weakness or vulnerability around him since she's been conditioned to think that's just a way of opening herself to attack.

Her dearest possession is her DVD collection which she keeps hidden in a shoebox inside her bedroom closet. Whenever she's had a really bad day, she waits until her father is asleep and sneaks into the living room to watch a movie. A really awful movie. That's right, she collects movies that make b-rated sound good. She hasn't really stopped to think about the strangeness of her habit, but they make her want to laugh when few enough things do anymore. She needs friends more than she needs bargain bin movies, but for now, her strange form of masochism is better therapy than ice cream.

Anything else you might want to add: She really, really hates spiders. Yeah, so do a lot of people, but her personal arachnophobia started the year they brought the family Christmas tree down from the attic only to find a black widow in the box with it. Her father being the way he was, thought it would be funny to display the creepy thing on a shelf in the living room that she and her siblings had to walk past a million times a day.

Picture:

Eagerly awaiting Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:10 AM
( OOC: Didn't realize someone had already approached Lila, rofl, my bad. Roxy is free if you want Eeric to talk to her, TS. )
#65 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:11 AM
[CENTER]((Nevermind Atropa, maybe she can meet him later))

Aren shook her head at the girl. "Oh, no. It's fine. I shouldn't have been standing out that far." She explained, and noticed that the hallways were getting emptier. "Well, I should get to class...oh, I'm Aren, by the way." She said as she started walking away. She just got the girl's name before walking into her first class, English.
Scholar
#66 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:39 PM
Default Natalie and Loren, with a semi-glare at Matt - Hallway
(((OOC: I love that name too, Furry. I hope (and this goes for Atropa too) that it’s okay I put Matt leaving in before Loren? It made things flow better? If not let me know and I’ll edit Hope this works for you guys
And welcome, WannabeSith :D)))

He was completely shameless. Matt Sidle actually though it was okay for him to treat everyone else like they were worth a fraction of what he was worth. Natalie did know that she herself had been well tuned in to that behaviour at a very recent point in her life, really, Matt was just shameless. A lot of the Preps were actually just bravado, peer pressure aggregating them into a mass of malevolence more than the individuals actually were… some were actually just naïve. Others, like Natalie had been, were actually just warped all on their own. Currently, Matt was in that quarter.

He had absolutely no remorse at having sent off a new girl on a wild goose chase, knowing there was an excellent chance she’d be ridiculously late and definitely hurt. Although, in her own twisted way, Natalie did have to admire the actual ploy, it was something close to what she would have pulled. But the point was he was wrong. And then, after this, he had the audacity to smart his ego over the fact that she’d rejected the Preps when their favourite hobby would incur lawsuits for emotional trauma at some point.

And when he’d caught her looking in scrutiny, all he did was flash a smile, one that he knew was one of his most formidable weapons. All things said, Matt was quite attractive and it’d been one of the selling points – along with sketchy faith in people – that had led her to accept his invitation to the dance… which ended in disaster thanks to Matt himself. However, that wasn’t why she was mad at him – she had done that to people and worse and frankly, that was history – what really got to her was that he knew where her weakness was and he wouldn’t stop twisting the knife. And she knew it was deliberate. She gave him no reaction.

"Hey, Natalie!” she heard a sudden call as an immediate excuse to peel her attention away from Justin Timberlake over there without giving him any satisfaction over any misconception of getting to her. Natalie’s pale eyes fell onto Loren Dansen, sporting the incessantly chipper attitude and a rather… interesting pair of pants. Natalie quickly managed to tear her eyes away from them… high school was all about experimentation and discovery… right? “How was break?"

Natalie was used to having people come over and talk to her, even after her fall from grace and she always had seemed to attract a wide range of people, either looking for platonic or romantic associations. However, while most were pretty obvious about what they wanted, Loren seemed to enjoy dancing around the idea. And dance around the idea he certainly did, for now Natalie was actually unsure whether even he knew what he wanted. In any case, he was rather cloyingly nice.

He never just went for it and asked her out, if that was the case. Alright, she was used to the ‘worship from afar’ and shy admiration, but Loren never actually struck her as shy and he certainly wasn’t admiring from afar. Not that she wanted him to ask her out because… things stood a very good chance of getting inexplicably awkward. However, that behaviour led her to question whether that was the case. Yes, she could just assume that he had a crush on her, but she’d made it a point to tune out of the Preppy ‘everyone is in love with me’ mentality and so, in the spirit of not being big headed, she just decided to let him figure it out in his own time.

“Hey, Loren,” she gave a small, and past her best efforts, very slightly confused smile, though still utterly charming, at his choice of clothing, her self-restraint enough to stop her eyes from going back to it as he leaned against the lockers. “Yeah, it was good.” With that she stopped, a single nod manifesting before she decided to be equally courteous for spirit. “Err… how was your break?”

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Scholar
#67 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:01 PM
Default Josh and Marie-Elisabeth - Lockers
Josh knew the people he interacted with quite well, because he was rather quiet and observant. He learnt quickly what topics to approach with them and which ones to avoid because really, he just let them talk and didn’t mind listening to them; whether it be their problems or triumphs. And it wasn’t because he was boring; he just didn’t mind not talking about himself most of the time and he liked knowing people, really knowing them.

“Oh really,” she replied with an impish grin of her own. “Well we can’t have that. They might kick you off the team. I guess I’ll just have to wear a paper bag over my head so I won’t be such a distraction.”

He had to give a small laugh at that, his head slightly bowed down, his brightly sparkling eyes gazing as the floor as a full grin overtook his handsome features before he raised his smiling gaze to the flickering lights before returning it to Marie-Elisabeth. He knew what that was… Marie-Elisabeth was one of the girls who liked to be appreciated – the appreciation in her case was completely deserved – and she knew that and Josh had no problems acquiescing… that didn’t mean he didn’t joke about it a little.

“No…,” he sighed with sudden seriousness. “I can’t do that to the rest of the class…,” he trailed off, hinting that everyone else was in awe of her on some level, whuch was true enough, before that mischievous glow became him once more in a sly, one sided smile. “But hey,” he carried on with the smallest shrug of his broad shoulders. “If you really insist…”

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Instructor
#68 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:08 PM
Default Jen Colbert - Being an observer at school.. Approachable!
"Jen, can you open this for me? Jen!" 8-year-old Tony Colbert shook her sister up. Scrunching her eyes shut, Jen turned over under her blanket.
"JEN!!" Tony shouted right into his sleepy sister's right ear.

"ARGH! What the heck!? Tony?" Jen shot up, irritated but worried that something might have happened. Glancing at her little brother, who was looking sheepish with a jam jar in his hand, she smoothed her hair and grudgily got out of bed.
"Here," she calmly said, forcing open the airtight lid. It opened with a pop, and Tony ran back into the kitchen to have his breakfast.
Staring at her bedhair and rumpled pyjamas in the mirror, Jen sighed.

'Good morning, Jennifer Colbert. Ready to go to school?' she thought to herself. "As if!" Jen laughed.

A little while later, Jen was back in her room, running a checklist through her mind. Shower, check. Hair brushed into a ponytail, check. Schoolbag, check. Tony's lunch, check. Uniorm - She patted down a tattered jean vest which fitted over a baby blue pinstriped shirt. She slipped a packet of gum into her jeans, and put on some brown boots. The look was a little cowgirl, but she would need something extra to start her year at Brooklake - That it, the most exciting and important year, or it was said so.

In ten minutes' time, Jen was already walking her bike to the gate, waving goodbye to her little brother as he rode off with the other carpoolers. She flung her heavy schoolbag over her shoulder and jumped on for the short ride. Of course, there were many disadvantages to cycling to school. The bike shed area was much further away to any of the main buildings, and it wasn't a very fashionable entrance, but it gave her some time to think as she pedaled and gave her a wee chance to take a look at the other students.

Jen padlocked her bike, patted the handlebars, and walked to her first class - English. A brief stop to the lockers was on the way. Quickly getting through her combination, which she'd memorized since her first day, Jen piled her colour-coded books against the cold inside wall. She fixed a small mirror on the door, and added magnets to the back wall.

A little bit down, she spotted popular cliquette Marie-Elisabeth and captain of the football team, Josh. Jennifer sighed in envy, wishing that her boyfriend Jordan would go to the same school as her. Jen didn't have many friends at the school, mostly family friends or pen pals, but was determined to make herself known this semester. It had, after all, already been over a year since she first stepped on the grass of Brooklake. Jordan, too, was already a trusted student at another school. She'd been separated from him for two days, and she was missing the warmth of his broad figure. He was her protection from any issues at home, school, and inspiration to her music. She paused, replaying in her mind how zoned out he'd seemed the last couple times they met up for a date.

Someone's locker door slammed shut across her and Jen was jostled back into reality, just in time to witness another aspect of high school life - Matthew Sidle appearing amused by a blonde - She looked a little older than 16, definitely a cheerleading type. Jen didn't really mind preppy girls or obnoxious guys; she usually saw the nicer, softer side of a person straight away. She knew that the only reason that people talked to her because Jen never rushed things and was a good listener.. However, those weird punkish types were an exception. She knew that if she tried, she could get to know them, but the barrier to break was too complicated.

Wanting to get to all her classes a little early today, she nudged the door shut and brushed past some familiar faces. Jen took her time getting to class, since she was confident she knew exactly where it was. Yes, she was sure now. The fact about this room was that it was near the bathrooms, so if you were finishing off things during lunchtime, there was always a burst of tears or juicy gossip sessions to be heard.

Jen settled down in a seat nearby the door, with a clear view of the whiteboard. It was one of her ways to make life easy. She could observe anything important, and be able to pay attention to the lesson but still with some space of her own. She propped her bag against her desk, and reached in for her books and pencil case. Her pencil case was probably burrowed deep into the bag, and while she struggled to find it, Jen heard footsteps.

She pulled her arm out of the bag and swiftly turned around to see who it was..

((Approachable to anyone.. WOW this is long! I'm surprised at myself.. Oh well, quantity for quality. Heh.))

EDIT: Ooh, I bags Social Studies teacher spot! I will play him in a wee while later, though.. I don't REALLY mind if someone else gets the position, but hehe. :D

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#69 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:26 PM
Default J.D. - heading to English class
(((ooc: Purple - Uhmm.... Who are you responding to in your post? No one RPed bumping into Aren....? But okay... I'll just move J.D. on then.)))

Throughout the years, J.D. had been called many, many things. Troublemaker, delinquent, jerk, no-good so and so, and various other things of a less pleasant nature. And he had grown used to it. Heck, he'd even come to expect it, and in general, it no longer stung when someone hurled such intended insults at him. Instead, they only fulled his contempt for the people around him, and his drive to show his 'accuser' just how much of a jerk he could really be. It was a downward spiral, of J.D.'s behaviour causing others to frown and label him a menace, which in turn caused him to venture even further down that path, manifesting the vicious circle rather than ever breaking it. It had gone so far that these days, he was so used to being the reciever of reprimands, insults along the lines of 'jerk' and 'prick' etcetera, and disdainful or apprahensive glances, that when someone strayed from the pattern, he wasn't quite sure to handle it. And so he often handled it in the only way he knew how; he lashed out. Something as simple as a genuine compliment could make him feel cornered, under attack by something foreign he didn't know how to defend himself against, and from that feeling, stemmed the one that ruled his being; anger, in some way, shape or form. Though it was nothing he himself had ever reflected on, as someone claiming he was not the bad seed eveyone else said he was, only happened once in a blue moon. That is, until he'd met Lila; the good natured, easy-going and incredibly hardheaded girl who insisted on clinging to the belief that he was not all that bad. For as long as he'd known her - which, granted, wasn't all that long - she had never once treated him as though she expected him to actually do something that by others would be considered wrong, or bad. In fact, she had even stood up for him at one point, when he was accused of breaking a window in school. A crime of which he was, amazingly, innocent for once, but still would have had ascribed to him, had it not been for Lila.
Though J.D. being who he was, her attitude towards him had been the cause of quite a bit of bickering at first, since he was just hardheaded as she was, and firmly stuck in the belief that what people had been saying about him for years was the truth. Eventually, however, after quite the dramatic episode now known to most of the school, they seemed to have come to some sort of silent understanding, and J.D. no longer bit her head off when she said something nice about him. It still made him uncomfortable, but inch by inch, he was getting used to it.

However, that applied to her only. When others, for some unfanthomable reason, decided to say something nice to him, he still reacted with skepticism. If they were lucky. And such would be the case now, when as he held out his pack of cigarettes for little Miss Rainbow to take one, she exclaimed;

"You're a gent! I owe you one."

With that, she skipped off, merry as a child, leaving J.D.'s other eyebrow to shoot up for a second, and then glance over at the other girl, Katie, who seemed just as surprised as him. Or rather... shocked?

"OK, nice to meet you, bye!" she squeaked, as though she couldn't get away from there fast enough.

And indeed, not a moment later she had taken off and disappeared among the other students in the crowded hallway. Though whether it was all a delayed reaction from learning who J.D. was, or if it was the weird girl that had creeped her out, or even something else, J.D. wasn't sure. To him, the reaction didn't really fit in anywhere. Didn't matter though, because regardless of the reason, the reaction itself did pose some common ground for him, finally, and so things soon felt like they were back to normal.

Turning to his locker once again, J.D. retrieved the notebook he used for sketching while bored during class, and then slammed the locker shut, turning back around just in time to hear the weird girl in the tutu declare "No need to stare, I know my skirt is awesome", just as she hobbled past one of the preps, who no doubt had shown apparent disapproval at her odd outfit, but was now completely ignoring her. Matt Sidle... Now there was someone whose pretty face J.D. would quite enjoy to rearrange, but had never gotten the chance to. Sidle was a slippery b*stard, who had managed to effortlessly weasel his way out of the few threatening confrontations J.D. had gotten the opportunity to create. And with his dignity fairly intact too. Not that Matt had ever done anything to J.D. personally, except shoot him the occasional poisonous glare questioning his right to exist at the same school as Matt and his prep friends, but J.D. always had loathed that crowd, and had managed to stir up enough trouble a few times to end up in an actual fight. Mostly with the jocks, as they were generally bigger hotheads and more easily provoked than the preps, but J.D. had gotten the satisfaction of shoving one or two of the 'beautiful ones' around.
As for Sidle... Well, J.D. could wait. For now.

So, with a faint smirk at the girl's comment still on his lips, J.D. pushed himself away from the locker against which he'd been leaning, and headed off to English. As the bell had yet to announce the start of first class, the room was still fairly empty, save for some blonde near the door, and J.D. could claim his usual seat in the back, without first having to shoot some ignorant newcomer his traditional look of strongly advicing them to move, pronto.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:53 PM
Default Lila, Adam, Roxy, and Eeric -Lockers
Eeric loved sleep. Plain and simple. It was like he had some sort of outlet in his back that he plugged into an electrical socket when he went to sleep, so that as soon as his eyes closed a surge of energy coursed through his body and recharged him silently during the night. It was a delectable feeling, waking up rested. That single wave of rest could carry him over through the long and tiring day with the single reassurance floating in the back of his mind that he would soon get to repeat the cycle yet again and recharge his drained batteries. So to speak.

The light rolled in through his curtain-less windows and shocked him into consciousness, very much against his will. Had he had his choice, Eeric would have slept into the next millenia. But that wasn't really an option, so he chose to hide under the covers with a child-like pout curving over his lips.

"Eeric, wake up. You've got school in ten minutes, and if you want to be driving there, I suggest--"

That was all it took. Eeric practically threw himself from his bed and was running about his room in a crazed frenzy, eyes suddenly alight with a rare eagerness as he bounded over to his closet. His bare marble chest was struck by the cold air conditioning of his room and he shuddered against the sudden chill, grabbing a pair of black pinstripe pants, black t-shirt, and a pair of marvelously comfortable Doc Marten 'triumph' boots. Then, to ensure his warmth, Eeric pulled on a (what a surprise!) black military jacket. He ran a brush through his long inky hair and then quickly secured it into a low-resting ponytail at the base of his neck, ignoring the few rogue tendrils that coyly framed his face as they always did. Satisfied with his dress, he secured his lip rings and eyed the dark bags under his eyes. It was just odd that regardless of how many hours he slept, the purply-colored rings were perpetually hanging there, giving him a more gothic appearance than he could have even tried for with his clothes alone.

"You're going to be late, dear," his mother's voice was sweet but pressing, as though willing him out the door with her words.

"Yeah yeah, it's fine. You got any food for me, mother dearest?" He flashed her a wide grin that looked something like a child in a toy store begging with his eyes for the newest gadget. His mother rolled her eyes and tossed him a piece of toast and an apple and Eeric seized them mid air with a beaming smile. "Breakfast of champions," he chuckled and took a bite of the apple, taking his beautiful silver keys off of the mounted hook on the wall and venturing out the door while shouting, "Off to fill my mind with so much knowledge that it'll practically explode!" Eeric heard his mother sigh and he could perfectly picture her shaking her head and rolling her eyes, then asking herself what she was going to do with him. He was too preoccupied at the moment to care, his eyes focusing all-too-intensely on the newest addition to his family.

"Morning Sadie," he cooed, violet eyes resting lovingly on the classic 1964 Buick Riviera that sat alluringly in his driveway. It was perfect in almost every way; the same hue as his own jet-black hair, full of power, sleek and gorgeous. If he could marry a car, he would. Maybe. Eeric eased the driver-side door open and threw his backpack in, nearly drowning himself in the smell of the leather seats. If there was a heaven, this was pretty d*mn near close to it in his mind.

"The girls are gonna flip," he said with a deep laugh to himself, turning the key in the ignition and nearly fainting when his car purred to life. After merely enjoying the atmosphere for a moment Eeric realized that he was almost late to school and quickly put the car in gear, swerving out of his driveway and then making his way to Brooklake. Upon arriving he found a parking spot near several ostentatious cars that no doubt belonged to the preps and jocks, horrifically ugly in his opinion and mere gross shows of wealth. Sadie had been the single greatest gift he had ever received, and much of that gift came from his own toil and struggle. He had been saving for years, and had been slowly but surely collecting the necessary classic parts to help rebuild her. Finally this Christmas the time had come to purchase the car even though he lived a mere mile or two from the school, and he had almost died with the ecstasy of finally having her in his possession.

Eeric killed the engine and drew his things out, gently shutting the door and making sure that he carefully locked the doors before dashing from the parking lot, up the front steps, and into the over-packed hallways. His eyes skimmed over the crowds to the position where he knew Lila's locker would be, and he saw a tiny group gathered there; two faces were easily recognizable--Lila and Roxy. But there was another person with them, male, with a flash of uniquely colored hair. Eeric eyed him for a second with curiosity and then smiled, merely relieved to see the smiles on the group of faces.

He snuck up silently behind Roxy and placed two ice-cold pale hands over her eyes, doing his best to suppress his recognizable low laugh.

"Guess whooo?" he said in an oddly high-pitched tone, eyes glinting with mirth as he glanced between Lila and the other boy, begging them not to say anything until he had his fun. The young man seemed compliant enough, but Lila wasn't having any of that--something had caught her unfaltering gaze, and she wasn't about to let it go.

"There are two now? Eeric, are you insane!?" there was a horrified expression covering her pretty face as her eyes narrowed on the tiny bit of flesh that formed his mouth where a newly-pierced section was her focus--a new piercing that hadn't existed prior to their winter break.

Eeric withdrew his hands and pouted, which only drew more attention to the offensive piece of jewelry.

"Well, you're no fun. Killjoy." He stuck his tongue out playfully at her and glanced around the group to gauge the reactions of each person, although he didn't expect much from the boy considering he barely knew him.

"Oh honestly, it's not like she didn't know, Eeric. How many other boys in our class have your unnaturally clammy hands?"

A hurt look drifted over his porcelain visage and Eeric recoiled from her, feigning sorrow.

"You truly are cruel, you know that? It's not even 9 a.m. yet, have you no mercy? I mean really. Who peed in your cheerios this morning?"

His taunts were met with a steely glare from Lila who then delivered a quick jab to his ribcage before he could leap away. Eeric instinctively hid behind Roxy, as though using her as some sort of human shield, glowering from the safety of her back.

((Oh Eeric, how I've missed thee.... and sorry I went overboard with the pictures. He's just so easy to dress/accessorize. xD ))

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
#71 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM
Default Hayden - meeting boy (Matt) at lockers
(( ooc: sorry if i left you hanging Atropa, my reply is now posted ))

Hayden seemed to have caused a commotion in the hallways and had a few glimses from people, either eye-ing her up and down or either just laughing. Still no one would help. She thought this school would be different, the people would be nice but she didn't notice one slight smile or kind gesture towards her. Hayden expected to treat others how you would want to be treated yourself, so it was an unusual that no one at all acknowledged her. Well she had only been there not that long but an hour to Hayden with no talking was agony.
Thats why it was so unusual when a boy walked over cautiously asking, "You okay?"

Hayden was still leaning against the lockers, sliding her way down till she sat on the floor, legs to the side of her pushed her hair back and give a brief smile. She didnt want to be known as a spoilt mean girl so she got up with her arms folded, and clutch bag in her hand. She stared for a brief moment, not knowing what to say. Not that she was usually this awkward. She chuckled with a smirk, "Im fine thanks. Stupid locker not working, i entered combination and no luck".
Hayden sighed and turned towards the lockers, looking at locker 380, "Whoops, see the problem"

She entered the combination on locker numer 381 and it opened. She put her head down in shame as she opened the locker, "Im not usually this stupid" she said laughing. "Well anyway, im Hayden. Transferred". She let out her hand for a shake.
Hayden was happy someone finally had spoken to her, she was not used to not being the center of attention or not having mnay friends. So she was grateful she met this boy.
#72 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 10:12 PM
(( ooc: Yes, she is leaning against the lockers then eventually sliding her way down so she is sitting - if thats understandable, but it is my fault for not typing my post correctly. Sorry about that. And yeh i try to not do that.
Yes i usually delete my posts if i have spammed or usually double posted, i like to give time for people to read usually.))
Scholar
#73 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:23 PM
Default Josabeth - Lockers
Marie-Elisabeth was trying very, very hard to keep from bursting into a fit of giggles. She had of course appreciated the compliment, mostly because she knew it was true. She was head cheerleader after all, and the prettiest girl in school. It really wouldn't be fair to keep all that under a bag. For that matter it wouldn't be fair to keep Josh's head under a bag either, he was far too good looking for that.

By some minor miracle she managed to keep a somewhat stern look on her face. “Josh Brennan” she said, shaking her finger at him and pretending to look annoyed “Only you could turn a compliment into something like that. And only you could get away with not getting smacked for it. You’re lucky I care about you so much or you’d be in for it”.

She giggled then, unable to keep the stern look on her face for much longer. She wasn’t really upset at all; in fact his sense of humour was one of the things she really liked about Josh. “And besides, if I had a paper bag on my head I wouldn’t be able to look at you very well either, and I’d be bored to tears” she said, taking a hold of his arm and gesturing down the hall “But dontcha think we should be getting to class already? I really don’t want to start off the year with a late slip like those stupid troublemaker kids always seem to”.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#74 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:06 AM
Default Matt - with Hayden, then classroom
Matt believed in dignity, and in maintaining said dignity at all times, come rain or come shine. A head held high, and with good reason. Humiliation and being made a laughing stock was not an option if one moved in his circle of friends, and many of them, himself included, had actually developed various methods for making it out of sticky situations with their perfect poise intact, whether it was bouncing right back from being told off by a teacher or 'fellow' student, or being backed into a corner by a jealous someone whose girlfriend or boyfriend you had stolen. Or even by one of the troublemakers, who sometimes seemed to get their kicks from picking fights with whatever random person had happened to tick them off that day.

Yes, Matt believed in dignity. And the display he was currently made to witness, after asking the pretty but apparently rather melodramatic new blonde if she was okay, was not dignified. Sinking to the floor in the hallway - gross! - and while wearing such a short dress, no less. Not that he minded the view, but come on... There were far better ways for a girl to flaunt a nice pair of legs, than to slide down a locker and onto the actual floor of a high school building, where god knows how many people who might have stepped in god knows what had been passing daily, for god knows how many years. Granted, the hallways were usually well maintained, but still... Dignity and hallway floors just did not mix.

And, as only seconds later blondie got back up, he had to wonder to himself what had been the point of sliding down there in the first place. Clearly she had been frustrated, but as she had even smiled up at him from down there, he doubted she had been that frustrated. So really, what had been the point, other than to bring even more rather judgmental attention to herself?

Add to that the fact that once she was back on her feet, she simply stared at him for another few moments, causing his eyebrows to twitch slightly in perplexed questioning, and he couldn't help but to glance casually over his shoulder, to see who was around. Were any of his friends watching this? If they were, they had to be wondering what on earth had possessed him to go over here.

"I'm fine thanks."

Finally, the blonde spoke, giving a slight chuckle, which seemed mostly aimed at herself.

"Stupid locker not working, i entered combination and no luck."

Giving a small sigh, she then turned around as though she was about to give it another try, but ended up discovering that she had apparently been trying to open the wrong locker.

"Whoops, see the problem", she declared and moved on to the neighbouring locker, all the while with Matt watching with slight disbelief.

She made that much of a public display of being unable to open a locker, bringing eveyone's attention to herself in the process, and thus ensuring that practically everyone realized it wasn't even her locker? Nice going, blondie...

"I'm not usually this stupid", she tried to assure him, her head hanging down in embarrassment as apparently she did realize what Matt, among others, must be thinking. Though she was surprisingly quick to shrug it all off with a laugh, and continue; "Well anyway, I'm Hayden. Transferred."

Trying to decide whether he should risk playing the knight in shining armor by continuing talking to her as a way of restoring her already blemished reputation, or just flee the scene before he became somehow associated with her, Matt hesitated. His own status at Brooklake was high enough to manage to pull them both through without a hitch, but if she ended up doing something equally ditzy in the future, it wouldn't make him look good.
Still, if what she said was true, and she didn't usually embarrass herself like this, he did feel kind of bad for her. In a way. So... Middle road then.

"Okay...", he started slowly, slight skepticism still lingering in his tone. "I'm Matt."

Glancing around again, he noticed that the previously busy hallway was now slowly turning not-so-busy, as more and more students started heading off to their classes, and so he turned back to Hayden.

"Listen, I need to get to class", he said. "The bell's about to go. It was nice meeting you though. I'll see you around."

And with that he turned to head for his own locker, where he deftly entered the combination and retrieved the proper books. No more than a minute later, he sauntered through the doors to English class and over to his usual seat in the center of the classroom, offering a faint smile to those who were already there in the process, as well as a jovial wink at a rather pretty girl whose name he couldn't remember, simply revelling in how it made a soft rosey hue slowly appear on her cheeks. Known to be an incorrigible flirt, he just couldn't help himself. And there really was nothing wrong in acknowledging a pretty girl, was there?

(((ooc: Ending's kind of rushed and all, but I seriously need to go to bed. Anyone can be the girl, if they want, otherwise she'll just be an NPC.

jcardy - Sorry... Didn't mean for it to come out so... mean, but... Matt just isn't all that nice and tolerant when it comes to such eye-catchingly deviant behaviour. *lol* And sorry for just moving him on, but I wanted him to be in time for class, and since I'm not sure when class starts... *s*)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:22 AM
Loren was hardly ever surprised, people tended to react to him in so many different ways that he didn't even try to predict any more. He just watched with fascination what people did in real life, and if it was interesting or clear he would use it in his acting, and if it wasn't he would ignore it as unimportant.

Part of the reason Natalie was so fascinating was that her reactions were fairly predictable, even to one who didn't observe for meaning, like Loren. She was always perfectly charming, she always showed off her gorgeous smile, even if it seemed a bit confused, like now. Was she glancing at his trousers? He'd seen one of her freinds wearing pants almost exactly like these before break, why was it worth glancing at when he wore them? It didn't matter much, it all just added to the feminine mystery.

And, unlike a great number of people whom he considered to be friends, she always answered when he greeted her. He found that mind blowingly gratifying. It wasn't that he resented that other people ignored him, as far as he was concerned it was part of their charm. Natalie just had classic niceness, as opposed to the oblique, hard to interpret niceness of nearly every single other person in the school.

Today's was pretty nonconclusive, "Hey, Loren,” was all she said, but he was hardly one to complain about it. That was another thing he liked, even though she made some rather weird faces sometimes, her voice always sounded nice.

She continued by saying, “Yeah, it was good.” He gave a wide smile at that. He liked it when other people were happy, and what better than a good winter break to make someone happy? A brief nod was all she graced him with after that, and he was perfectly content with that. Just spending time in silence with people was nice. All of a sudden she asked, “Err… how was your break?”

A stutter? Why? The thought of anyone getting discomfitted blew Loren's mind pretty thoroughly, so he assumed she was adding that little err on purpose. Maybe to make the entire conversation in iambic pentameter? He doubted it, but hadn't been paying close enough attention to tell.

Iambic pentameter was probably the safest bet. Loren wasn't the cleverest kid in the world, he couldn't do it without counting, so he carefully rephrased his response about internet fun and having no sleep the previous night- which in that brief instant of hindsight he realized he might not have wanted to share anyway- and instead continued in the meter, "Nothing much, I played a bunch of tetris."

There! Iambic pentameter maintained, question answered, no awkwarad disclosures about internet time, all in all a very diplomatic way. "Two points" he thought idly to himself.

((OOC: Heh, I don't know if that was even in iambic pentameter, I thought it would be funny though))

Locked thread | Locked by: AtropaMandragora Reason: Roleplay continued in new thread
Page 3 of 41