Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:54 PM
Default WCIF Cut-away on Sims in Walls-up View?
I'm looking for a hack or tool that enables cut-away on walls in front of my sims in the all-walls-up view. With the default game views, either too many walls are cut out or there's no cut-away at all so I can't really see my sims. I did some searching and found a custom wall that will never cut away, but that's not really what I need.

Anyone ever seen something that enables wall cut-away in the walls-up view?
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MorteEterno
I'm looking for a hack or tool that enables cut-away on walls in front of my sims in the all-walls-up view. With the default game views, either too many walls are cut out or there's no cut-away at all so I can't really see my sims. I did some searching and found a custom wall that will never cut away, but that's not really what I need.

:confused: I'm confused o.O You want walls cut away, without using the cutaway option, but you want it cutaway when you have walls up instead... o.O .............................. so like a new "Inbetween" view?

I'm not much help here, I cant say I've seen anything like that, however I'm not sure thats possible ....... (correct me if i'm wrong anyone) but the default cutaway version already makes it so walls blocking your sim are cut away, what you're asking for there would have to be some sort of "Advanced" thing like where it would cut only the "First wall" or the first "2 walls" but since house layouts are all different, you'd still run into problems, if you have a small house maybe cutting away only one or two walls might work, but if you have a big house, with all different size rooms, o.O i'd think anything other than just "Walls in front of sim cutaway" like what the default game has would be too complicated...

but I do want to ask where you found those "stay up wall" sections ^_^ the main time I run into the problem you are mentioning are with corners of small rooms, o.O I wouldnt mind having some of those stay up walls at the corners or just one side of a small room
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiimiyo
:confused: I'm confused o.O You want walls cut away, without using the cutaway option, but you want it cutaway when you have walls up instead... o.O .............................. so like a new "Inbetween" view?

I'm not much help here, I cant say I've seen anything like that, however I'm not sure thats possible ....... (correct me if i'm wrong anyone) but the default cutaway version already makes it so walls blocking your sim are cut away, what you're asking for there would have to be some sort of "Advanced" thing like where it would cut only the "First wall" or the first "2 walls" but since house layouts are all different, you'd still run into problems, if you have a small house maybe cutting away only one or two walls might work, but if you have a big house, with all different size rooms, o.O i'd think anything other than just "Walls in front of sim cutaway" like what the default game has would be too complicated...

but I do want to ask where you found those "stay up wall" sections ^_^ the main time I run into the problem you are mentioning are with corners of small rooms, o.O I wouldnt mind having some of those stay up walls at the corners or just one side of a small room

Yeah, what I want would be an in-between view where all the walls are up, but walls in front of sims cut away (as many as necessary for the sim to be visible). I figured the cut-away that follows sims could be triggered by some command or function... and added to the walls-up view. But oh well.

Anyway this says I need 5 posts before I can post a URL so I'll see if I can PM you the link to that no-cutaway wall.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 5:46 AM
You found it? If so you can post it here just put a space.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MorteEterno

I know exactly what you mean. This is what the walls in Sims 1 look like. I SO miss it in Sims 2.
I'm looking for the same hack or tool myself. It sure would make interior decorating way more fun... And wouldn't it be nice not to have toilets and showers in the middle of the living room?
I've been all over the place and I'm afraid there's no such hack...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:37 AM
That's exactly what i am searching for.. any news?