Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrops757

If you are shaving your legs, instead of using shaving foam or wax strips, slather conditioner on them and then use a razor to shave them. It is less expensive than shaving foam or wax strips and I've found it actually works better.

I'm going to try this!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:29 PM
You can use vaseline to remove mascara. Just rub it in using your index finger and thumb and use a tissue and wipe downwards to get rid of it all.
Scholar
#53 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:53 PM
Be gentle though cuz I found out the hard way that if you aren't, you can pull eyelashes out...ouch!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Alchemist
#54 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:06 AM
oh lol (post too short)

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
#55 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrops757
If you are shaving your legs, instead of using shaving foam or wax strips, slather conditioner on them and then use a razor to shave them. It is less expensive than shaving foam or wax strips and I've found it actually works better.

Thanks for the great tip! I've been trying it for the past few days and I think that it's a far closer shave than what I've had with foam. It's harder to get cut, too- I'm the queen of accidental nicks and I have yet to cut myself.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#56 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:42 AM
For girls with low-esteem issues:

- Act as if you have confidence, fake it till you make it! ;-D I remember back in 2005 or 2006, when I was going through a phase of my own. I suffer from season depression and back then I was in like a deep pit. Aside from therapy I learned it was easier to be confident when you pretended you were confident and then BAM it just hit me one day, and though I still feel insecure from time to time I am 200% better than I was then.

- Have fun! Don't have too much fun, but I try to make each day one to be remembered. I hangout often and just enjoy my time. I think everyone needs to have more fun.

- Step outside of your comfort zone! If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone. Try out new experiences but at the same time try not to be too fast, ya know like all the stuff parents tell us not to do, LISTEN! (or at least try).

- Follow your dreams! I can't stand when people are like "I CAN'T, I CAN'T" I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I'M HIDEOUS, I HAVE ZITS, I'M FAT, I HAVE FAT FEET AND WIDE EYES AND A FLAT CHEST AND A PEA-BUTT. Catch my drift? If you think you'rE a failure then you are a failure, if you think you are a winner then you are a winner. Don't give up on anything and don't let anyway rain on your parade NEVAH THAT! Be ambitious, have hope and have perseverance. With the right mind set I think anyway can achieve what they want. Its all in the way we think!

(I have no idea why I wrote this, but I just really had this sudden urge to post it. ahh, oh well. Maybe someone can benefit from it (: )

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Scholar
#57 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:26 AM
Thank you Dreamy
I really needed that, I have a lot of self-confidence issues..........and the fake it thing, it does work. Even if you feel like hiding, lift your head up and walk with a bit of a bounce. It helps, if you do it enough.

If someone calls you a poser or a faker, give them a great big sunny grin, the one-finger salute and walk off giggling.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Mad Poster
#58 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:59 AM
I know I'm probably not the best to give out these kind of tips, but actually most of them are from the experience of my best friend, so...

-If a boy asks you out for a joke, wait for a few weeks until he's forgotten (and he will forget, trust me) and start flirting like crazy with him then do the same to him. He'll be so flattered because he thinks you like him, but then he'll learn his lesson afterwards.
-If your boyfriend is acting like a total a**hole and/or you decide you don't like him anymore, don't hesitate to dump him. You may feel terrible for a bit but he clearly wasn't 'the one'.
-Don't go out with someone just because they're good looking, go out with them for their personality too. For instance, if it's a choice between the gorgeous-but-moronic-boy and the really-nice-but-not-that-good-looking-boy, go with the second one. Unless of course you want to go out with someone who has a lower IQ than your hairbrush does and you want your relationship to end in tears.
-Make an effort with your make-up for a date, but not as much with your clothes. If you have a really gorgeous dress, save that for a party. He'll be interested in your face, but not so much your clothes.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Mad Poster
#59 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:41 AM
I've got a few that I've really realized the past few days:
  • If you're wearing stage makeup, remove it as soon as you're done with it. Otherwise you'll walk around with really heavy makeup the day after the show as well.
  • Feel confident with yourself, even if you think you look fat/have a pimple/aren't wearing the right clothes/can't get your hair right (basically what Dreamy said)
  • Have fun!
  • Don't be afraid of making a fool out of yourself. I made a fool out of myself last night in front of over 100 people and it was the most fun I've had all year.
  • Carry wipes/hand sanitizer around with you all the time. It makes life easier if you're in a rush.
Rubric Wrangler
#60 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:09 PM
I wholeheartedly agree about not being afraid to make a fool of yourself! I do improv comedy, and it can be really embarrassing and awkward sometimes (like, say, having to act overjoyed when your own brother "proposes" to you. Or saying "I love you" to someone you've just met. Or pretending to be a psycho hotdog vendor.) but it's also the most fun thing I've ever done! As long as you make the most of it ("go big or go home" isn't just a cliche), being on stage is a blast!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#61 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:12 PM
I did impro for three years and loved every minute of it. It's just the best thing to do if you're after some fun. Although it can be awkard (like, for example running on stage as a toddler and addressing someone saying "Mama, mama! Is my loveshack ready?!") it's so much fun. I wish I still did it, but alas, not enough time.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:32 PM
Another tip: smile as you answer the phone - the person on the other end is less likely to randomly hang up if the person they're talking to sounds happy.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Forum Resident
#63 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candiiee
Another tip: smile as you answer the phone - the person on the other end is less likely to randomly hang up if the person they're talking to sounds happy.

^^that is a good tip. Along those same lines actively listen when you are on the phone. No one wants to hear complete silence while they are talking to you. A few "uh-huhs", "I understands", "reallys?" go a long way.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"

Page 3 of 3