Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:42 PM
Everyone's ideas seem so much more profound than my own. PixCii, I too love using folklore in my writing. I incorporate it very often!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:48 PM
Just because your story may not strike you as profound in its initial planning doesn't mean that it won't end up being emotionally affecting, Gemmareno. I think it sounds like a good read! Fantasy isn't my preferred genre, be it reading or writing, but what I really enjoy about fantasy is the constant ability of its authors to create a rich fictional world lush in sensory detail. I admire your ability to map it out, too- I pretty much get an idea and go . And thank you for expressing interest!

PixCii, your first story sounds lovely, to me. Even though I am not a religious person in the least, there's something inherently beautiful in literature about crises of faith and the eventual epiphany. I read something in a philosophy book about the concept of love being complete union with God, which might be an interesting idea to incorporate into your story. I look forward to reading it!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#28 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:52 PM
Thanks Rabid, it's great to get unbiased encouragement such as yours. The mapping out is the most enjoyable part for me. I like using bits of string to measure out how long travelling would take from city to city. If I ever scan it to a computer I'll put it up. It's pretty big though.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:22 PM
Gemmareno, you must be so patient. One of the reasons why I never write long stories involving fantasy (especially where I have to create a whole other world), is because I can't seem to commit to planning everything out. I would love to see your map, though.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:37 PM
Yes it does take some time - the map has been hanging around for about 4 years now! I love fantasy for its settings, history, cultures so I put a lot of what I like reading about into what I write... otheriwse it wouldn't be as fun! I'll see about scanning it in. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 7:10 AM
Thanks, Rabid. I would think that the novel would have to be cleverly written to get the experience of synaesthesia across. It’d be best written in first person for the affected and perhaps also first person for a friend/family member/lover of the affected person.

I also really like you superhero idea, particularly the relation that the narrator has.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th May 2009 at 6:52 PM
I've managed to finish part 4 of my story and am currently editing. Its about 100 pages of A4 at the moment. It's been 2 years and i'm so glad that part is done at last, it was the longest. Now only part 5, 6 and 7 to go!

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
#33 Old 8th May 2009 at 10:42 AM
Hello! Now I study psychology of people and try to select the genres of verses on their psychological type. Interesting enough employment. All of us raznye and very contradictory. Yet I write little truthful histories about life :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#34 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:45 PM
I need something new to inspire me. At the moment all I'm doing is rewriting a few of my older stories with better language use and grammar, and attempting some rewrites of other stories, such as what people did during the 5th writing challenge here. I really want some new ideas though, because I have all of this pent up want to write, but I can't write a decent story without any inspiration.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:43 PM
^ Try something totally new? A genre you've never done before? I tend to get really creative when I've read a chapter of a book I love (but not two, because then things get depressing for my enthusiasm! XD)
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:43 PM
I'm currently working on a vampire story. Yes, a vampire story, and I'm not ashamed. I hate how Twilight made vampires into something cheesy and cliched. I like vampires. The most important difference between my vampires and vampires in traditional vampire stories is that in mine vampirism is a recognized condition, like a disease. There are treatment facilities and research institutes and there are lots of ways to go if one is bitten by a vampire, and one still wants to live in society.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Forum Resident
#37 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:32 AM
I'm working on a noir sci-fi graphic novel and a DevART exclusive book series.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:38 AM
At the moment I'm working on a story for an assignment at school. It's from the perspective of a tree, but hopefully it won't end up all cheesy and whatnot. The tree is talking about how the world has changed, focusing mainly on the topic of industrilization in modern society.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:54 AM
Sounds very interesting PixCii, I'd love to read it when it's done.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:41 PM
In keeping with attempting to hammer away at pre-existing projects (I have a bad habit of starting something new and therefore losing steam on what's old), I'm writing a little story about a dog whose owner has died, and the dog doesn't understand. The dog knows that he is gone but cannot comprehend that he isn't coming back, and so she continues to search the property and wait for him. It's really nothing more than an experiment (Jesse Ball has gotten me into experimental, non-linear fiction), but it's a learning experience to write about something other than a human.

Instructor
#41 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
I'm working on an epic poem that wont go anywhere for some time because I don't have a solid hold on it yet . I'm also working on two stories that turned into comics, I have beginning and end for both but no dialog to push them forward, I'm currently procrastinating on it because I want to up my drawing skills before I continue with it. Both of the stories is fantasy, not really unicorns and mermaids, but magic and non-realism; one is actually a mockery of fairy tales, but not a parody; it would be a crossover of Brothers Grimm and other fairy tales, that gives me a lot of pain in the ass research to do. My other one is on gypsy magic and tarot cards, which also induce a lot of butt hurt research -_-.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Mad Poster
#42 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:12 PM
Right now I'm working on chapter 2 of a long forgotten story...The beginning is similar to Twilight, but I don't plan any mythical creatures into it...It's similar in that I have a girl named Megan moving from Florida to Seattle...*not very creative*
I'm also working on my story on here which takes more of my time...

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#43 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM
Occasionally I like to troll writers' websites for prompts, and I found something absolutely fantastic in my latest excursion. "Five things she knows about him that no one else does."

And so, I've started on a short love story. As I understand them, "five things" prompts are expected to be brief and seemingly anecdotal, and as I am an incredibly verbose writer, it's turning out more like a short series of five interconnecting vignettes than a brief portrait. Still, it's my story to put a stamp on, and I'm delighted with it so far. The tentative title is When We Talk About Love, which is a gross allusion to Raymond Carver.

Forum Resident
#44 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
A new story I'll soon post on the story section x) It's called either....:
I Found You
Love Never Leaves Me
Slipping Away(Copywright...Sounds so familiar)
Wishes
Love Triangle

Maybe you guys help...

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Instructor
#45 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:33 PM
A really long fanfiction, that as of now is titled "You Belong With Me" (yes, as in the Taylor Swift song) and will probably get a new title later on down the road. I've been trying to come up with something original, but I've had trouble.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 10:34 PM
A book about a young girl (teenager) who get's kidnapped.That's all I'm telling in this post

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Banned
#47 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM
1. A book about four 25-30 year old immortals who live in a world where it appears that humans reign supreme... but really, it's the humanoid interfaces and Assembly of Magical Beings who are keeping everything under control, from making the world spin out of order. It doesn't help that one of them has an ancient, powerful tiger demon trapped inside her... or that another one is a direct son of Pallas Athene, the Greek goddess, and therefore a member of the superpowerful Olympian family...

That ^^ is a fairly light read, probably good for lifting your spirits up, possibly making you laugh, maybe even choking on your ice cream, forcing you to get sent to the hospital because you broke your leg after tripping over the ice cream that fell out of your mouth. (It’s just… my kind of humor…)

2. A light novel titled "You Belong with Me" (wow, like chelleypie's!!) loosely based on Taylor Swift's music video, where a very unpopular girl, named Carolina Brown ('Lina' to her friends, of which she has one), has had a crush on her next door neighbor James Mason since they were kids; James grew up to be popular and the star of the football team, and is dating Lina's former best friend Renee Jasper, who had told Lina that she would no longer be friends with her after becoming superpopular practically overnight after being invited to a party by a girl who had a lot of influence at the school.

Renee is not snobby or stuck-up; she just thought that what she was doing was 'right for her', as her other friends, who are actually rather cruel but not to Renee, told her. Basically what happens is that Lina undergoes a major transformation, because she says to herself, “If I just put my hair in braids, wear the cute leggings I bought at the mall, maybe with a pair of ballet flats and a purse, then they’ll accept me. It’s as simple as that.” However, the reason she’s doing this is because she thinks James will accept her as more than a friend if she makes herself more attractive.

In the end of the year, Renee breaks up with James knowing that Lina loves him, although she (Renee) still loves James; she and Lina’s relationship has then healed. James and Lina are now a happy couple, and Lina looks back on the year reflecting what has happened to her. She quits being with her so-called ‘friends’ at the cheer team, as does Renee. Everything is then ‘happily ever after’.

(Sorry that the summaries are so long. I’m just so horrible at making short, sweet little summaries.)
Mad Poster
#48 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:45 PM
I'm still working on my five things prompt: five things about him that only she knows. I think it's shaping up to be a lovely, intimate piece, but the length makes me nervous. Most five things prompts are two-thousand words, if that- mine has only three of the five things written and it's at nine-thousand. I have this awful deficiency in which even the simplest of prompts has to become an emotional masterpiece under my supervision- I can't write something that isn't grandiose and fleshed out in every aspect. It started as five vignettes, and now it's a chronicle of their relationship and everything she feels about him.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 11:30 AM
What am I working on? Trying to write something, anything besides a poem.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:43 PM
Franki, just don't give up! Novel writing can be difficult, authors have admitted. But its fun and worth it in the end

A writer's courage can easily fail him . . . I admire anybody who has the guts to write anything at all.” --EB White.

Anyway, as for me I'm banging my head around with a few ideas. I already have the plot sort of layed out.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .

Page 2 of 4