Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:21 AM Last edited by TheSandman21 : 29th May 2009 at 4:34 AM. Reason: Resized pics (really this time)
Default Start checking your local stores....
Heads up, look what I found in a Meijer this evening......

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:26 AM
EEK!

[you are probably going to have to resize those pics]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:26 AM
OMG! For REAL?! I'm calling Best Buy TOMORROW! :O
Instructor
#4 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:28 AM
Jealous much! wow that's really great. did you try playing it? *locks eyes at price* snap! 49.39 USD is 2,344.70 PHP and yes i used a converter. wow really that looks great. might check the gaming shop later, wish its cheaper.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:30 AM
I doubt it's released in any NA/US stores yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:30 AM
It is real.

(Give me a minute on the pics, didn't realize they were that big.)

And yes, this is from the US.

Indiana to be exact.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:33 AM
Sandman, if I could reach you, I would kiss you! Where/what is a meijer? Is it Spanish for something?
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSandman21
It is real.

(Give me a minute on the pics, didn't realize they were that big.)

And yes, this is from the US.

Indiana to be exact.

What part of Indiana?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:34 AM
Meijer is in the States, it's a wal mart kind of store.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:35 AM
Indianapolis area

A Meijer is actually a regional chain of stores that WalMart actually stole the SuperCenter concept from.

Larger version : http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/...moreproof-1.jpg
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:38 AM
Did the game patch?
Instructor
#12 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:39 AM
Wow! Lucky. My friend's Aunt found The Sims 3 collector's edition for sale in a store in Western Australia.

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:40 AM
Ohhhhhh, okay, thanks Either way, I'm stuck getting it from Best Buy... that's where I pre-ordered from. Those little f***ers better not get it in LATE! Haha! I believe I mentioned my disdain for Best Buy, no?! Long list of bonuses was the only reason i pre-ordered from there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
Did the game patch?

Negative. Then again I didn't install the EADM...
Instructor
#15 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:49 AM
does that mean you still didn't play the game.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:49 AM
wow, lucky, i'm so pyched for it, i can't wait for tuesday.

You should play and tell us what u think of it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
does that mean you still didn't play the game.

Oh, I've played it, its a bit of a change going from TS2, especially moving the camera, that feels really weird to me compared to how I know it from TS2, but it's got definite potential.
Alchemist
#18 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:10 AM
You should test it to see if story progression does anything.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:10 AM
I read in another thread that somebody went up to GameStop (having been told they could get their Prima Guide on the 27th of this month), and while GameStop DID have the guides AND the game, they could not release it until Jun. 2! If Best Buy has that same policy, I'm gonna go APESHIT on them no matter WHOSE fault it is! I pity the one who delivers THAT news to me :P
Instructor
#20 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:13 AM
o0o0oh sounds exciting. did you try making families? is the create-a-sim really that good? and yes does the story progression does anything? sorry for many question jut wanted to.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:13 AM
I got a special pre-order deal through MicroCenter. Put $5 down and then when the game comes in, just pay $19.99 more and it's yours (total of $24.99 instead of $49.99). Great deal, but it specifically says that it's only good if I get the game between June 2 and June 14, so even on the off chance they have it in stock, I don't think I'd be able to get it.

The good news is that if the games out, we'll start getting more reviews over the weekend.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:15 AM
Question for the original poster -- In the Sims 2 and most of the Sims 2 expansions packs, there was usually an ad for the NEXT expansion pack. Any ads for the first Sims 3 expansion pack in the copy you bought? It doesn't look like it from the pics, but just thought I'd ask.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:19 AM
Ah, the first volunteer to be the designated guinea pig

Story progression
securom
amount of content packaged with game
etc. etc.

pins and needles here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsFanJohn
Question for the original poster -- In the Sims 2 and most of the Sims 2 expansions packs, there was usually an ad for the NEXT expansion pack. Any ads for the first Sims 3 expansion pack in the copy you bought? It doesn't look like it from the pics, but just thought I'd ask.

Negative, what you saw in the pictures was what I see in the box (well besides the CD-key of course. :D)

Quote:
o0o0oh sounds exciting. did you try making families? is the create-a-sim really that good?

I've tried making various single sims, but not families yet, personally, Im not seeing much difference yet between the CAS from TS2 and the one from TS3, besides the changes from the old sloppy -> neat style.

I havent played enough yet to see if story progression is working.

If Securom IS in the game, I haven't seen any signs of it yet.
Content-wise, just a few things I've noticed: 10 cars (from $950 to $105,000), 2 bicycles, no hot-tub.
Instructor
#25 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:27 AM
Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy the game very much. I know of Meijers, we have them in Louisville. But that's kind of the problem, we have them in Louisville which is 40 miles away! I've got mine pre-ordered elsewhere anyway. But again, congratulations!

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Page 1 of 5