Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:32 AM
There's a clerk in that Meijers that's in super-big trouble right now.

(If you've ever worked in a Book/Music/Video Game store you know what I mean.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
There's a clerk in that Meijers that's in super-big trouble right now.

(If you've ever worked in a Book/Music/Video Game store you know what I mean.)

For releasing the game? If so, that BLOWS... Best Buy wouldn't have to answer to me for not releasing MY game tomorrow!
Instructor
#28 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:38 AM
Yeah, when I used to work at Blockbuster, the store could get a $10,000 USD fine for "pre" releasing material. Movies, games, etc. And, of course, the CSR could be fired. And possibly fined.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:42 AM
Not exactly the same thing, but I remember hearing a few years ago when one of the last Harry Potter books was coming out, a mail deliverer (I think for the US Post Office, but maybe for UPS or Fed Ex) delivered the book to a customer a few days before the release date. She was actually able to go back and get the book back, but I believe she still ended up losing her job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:10 AM
Hey, I aint gonna say WHICH store exactly it was.... :D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:13 AM
Can you please check the Story Mode function please. Can you turn it on or off? if you turn it off, does it actually stop the story progression?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:15 AM
It can be turned off, but thats something that may take a day or to to see if it actually stops the progression. Also life spans can be turned off, or they can set to a 360 day max.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:18 AM
Hmm I thought it was 900 days?
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:24 AM
Play for about 3 or 4 Sim days, with story progression disabled, and then look around the neighbourhood. If there are Sims carrying new born babies, or you can see babies inside houses, or you see women waddling, or you read in the paper that so and so moved out or had a baby, then we'll know for certain it's still borked in the released version...
Alchemist
#35 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:31 AM
Also would be interesting to know if cheats that the Prima Guide listed as being usable, but that pirates have found unusable, work... Type Ctrl + Shift + C (is that the right combo? Someone correct me if that isn't right...) and try these:

shazaam - gives 2,500 lifetime happiness points to active sim

edit in cas - takes the sim back to Create-a-Sim allowing you to make full physical and personality changes

These supposedly do crap all.

Also, thanks for answering some of our questions. Hopefully you don't mind. If you do you can just ignore - I don't believe you did volunteer to be our guinea pig, afterall.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th May 2009 at 7:05 AM
My friend told me a few days ago that TS3 was coming out on Friday where he lives, he saw ads at the store. Blargh, D:<
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th May 2009 at 7:41 AM
Whoo Meijer! We have lots of those around here too (Michigan). Maybe I may make a stop at one tomorrow....
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:24 AM
Congrats!! I hope Switzerland continues the trend of early releases!!! Especially since Monday is a holiday here!!!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
Apparently the Collectors Edition has been released here in Switzerland since the 27th! Every single site I checked has it live! I'm out!
Scholar
#40 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:57 PM
sandman, I know you've got a lot of requests here, but I'd also be interested to see if genetics are still broken. You could do a test as follows:

--make two sims with natural hair (blond brown etc)
--then have them dye it unnatural colors (blue etc)

Then have offspring. Did the offspring inherit the natural color, or the dyed color?
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#41 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:10 PM
That is one ugly cover

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:14 PM
I am so jealous! I stopped by my gamestop today to see if I needed to pay for overnight shipping or anything to insure that the game would be here on Tuesday and the guy told me he already has it in stock. However, he rufused to sell me my copy until Tuesday. It's a collectors addition but I think they have both in stock already! YEA! I have taken vacation and made a long weekend next week for 4 solid days of simming! I will spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights playing around and checking it out and Thursday night I will make my family and play, play, play!
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:46 PM
Yay!!! finally something good comes from living in Indianapolis!!! i WILL be checking my local Meijer which is like 10 min from here!!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:48 PM
I can't believe it's here, I mean actually in stock in most stores! I could have sworn they were going to push off th release till at least Sept. This weekend's going to be pretty fun hearing about actual real LEGAL game play...
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:50 PM
Poo...I pre-ordered mine...maybe Wal-mart will be nice and send it...but it says on the web site that it'll ship on June 2...

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:53 PM
I'm so incredibly jealous! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the game or not seeing as my husband just started a new job and we had to relocate but I ended up getting a $50 gift card to Wal-Mart for my birthday a couple days ago. I called my Wal-Mart and they have no idea if they are going to have it in store on June 2nd (one lady at a different wal-mart didn't even know what I was talking about.... not a good sign). I'll be so disappointed if I'm not able to buy the game Tuesday. I'll have to hate you all a little bit (maybe a lot!).
Inventor
#47 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:14 AM
OMFG! I'm going to me in Indy tomorrow! *Dances* Which one is it? Pike plaza, washington st, or southport rd?
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:24 AM
@Penny:I asked Sandman and he said he went to the one on Us/36 Rockville Road on the west side in Avon...sadly its to far for me...i live way on the opposite side of town... near the one on washington street.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:29 AM
its the same my local ebgame will get june 2 as well or they may get it june 1 because some time they release it as soon as they get it. so i will wait and see
Instructor
#50 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:30 AM Last edited by CleoTheMuse : 30th May 2009 at 12:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dude123
Yay!!! finally something good comes from living in Indianapolis!!!

This made me laugh...and not want to live in Indianapolis.
Page 2 of 5