Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Best Sims Soundtracks
The Sims Original
22 36.67%
The Sims 2
26 43.33%
The Sims 3(???)
12 20.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:13 AM
Music and The Sims...
we all know how much music has played a role in all the sims series.now that the sims 3 is coming out,you have to notice,ea hasn't really mentioned much about music in the sims 3..now,the sims 3 timeline is set roughly 25 yeares before the sims original(correct me if i;m wrong,i got a little confused.).so does it mean it will have the sort of music that was in the sims original??or is it gonna be something from further away, or maybe beyond sims 2??lets hear your opinion on that,and maybe vote for which sims series had the best,most memorable soundtrack...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:13 PM
There isnt much of a difference then the music in Sims 2, It is rather the same style.

Though fear not, you can add your own music into the game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:26 PM
I already know that I want to take my favorite songs from TS2 and add them to TS3, but I wonder if we can categorize them into the different categories rather than "Custom"
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:24 PM
If you can put custom music in the game, then what's this about not being able to use custom music for videos? The files're already there, right?
Instructor
#5 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:32 PM
Wait...I can put TS2 music into TS3?

Really?

How does one do that?

(Because I need to be able to sing along with my favorite Simlish songs.)
Instructor
#6 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:38 PM
i voted for the sims 2. they really made the game like it is in the present. with all the original artists singing their songs in simlish. sims 1 have some good songs to that could help you to go to sleep.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:50 PM
I'm not sure how yet exactly but I know that Sims can choose their favorite type of music in CAS and one of the options is Custom, so I'm pretty sure you can import custom music into the sims 3, and if you have the sims 2 songs well, custom music!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th May 2009 at 9:19 PM
Oh man, I even listen to Original Sims music now and then... I can play some of them too... I love that piano!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st May 2009 at 6:32 AM
i have to say,sims 1 music (build especially) is like really pleasing to the ears,apart from making you feel a bit nostalgic,but maybe its just me...
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st May 2009 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mega83
i have to say,sims 1 music (build especially) is like really pleasing to the ears,apart from making you feel a bit nostalgic,but maybe its just me...

Agreed. In my opinion, most of the music of TS2 does not compare to the classical style that many of the songs from the first had. I still listen to Build from the original Sims on my TS2 music folder. For those of you that have Seasons (I think?), my favorite song in the whole series was Celestial Bungalow, under New Age. I like that the new game pays a lot of homage to the original Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:03 PM
hey,someone who thinks like me!!the sims 2 music,though updated,feels somewhat funny..i have muted some of its original tracks for build and buy and used those from the sims 1..makes it feel more original..
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:23 PM
Eek, it's so hard to pick because I liked the pretty-ness of the music in the original Sims...but I also liked the silly simlish music in the Sims 2....

I voted for Sims 1 because I remembered when I was playing the Sims 2...some of the music got really annoying (especially the tracks from Nightlife...eeesh). The music from the Sims 1 was nice and calming...not annoying.

Although...I was watching some videos of the Sims 3 on YouTube that had buy mode in it...it had pretty Sims 1 type music!!

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st May 2009 at 6:16 PM
I really liked the inventiveness of simifying real music into the game so TS2 music has a bit of a leg-up on TS1 IMHO. The only thing I didn't like is having to constantly having to change the radio back to my preferred station. For some odd reason every time my residential lots loaded the radio would default to samba music. That can get a bit tiresome after a couple dozen loads.

That CC music suggestion is spot-on. I'd Love to see that in TS3!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st May 2009 at 7:07 PM

I know exactly what you mean. That build music was fab!

Actually, I really miss the TS1 build music. I thought it really fit it's purpose well.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Wait...I can put TS2 music into TS3?

Really?

How does one do that?

(Because I need to be able to sing along with my favorite Simlish songs.)

Same here! The simlish versions of some pop songs are just so cute and fun that you have to sing along!

Quote: Originally posted by ChickenDress
I voted for Sims 1 because I remembered when I was playing the Sims 2...some of the music got really annoying (especially the tracks from Nightlife...eeesh). The music from the Sims 1 was nice and calming...not annoying.

Yes! Nightlife music is just so... URRRGH! When ever one of the songs from nightlife goes on during my loading I *always* mute my speakers.

<3
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:19 AM
hey,someone who thinks like me!!the sims 2 music,though updated,feels somewhat funny..i have muted some of its original tracks for build and buy and used those from the sims 1..makes it feel more original..

yep, same here
Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
i voted for the sims 2. they really made the game like it is in the present. with all the original artists singing their songs in simlish. sims 1 have some good songs to that could help you to go to sleep.

Yeah... I voted for the Original, because it brings back a lot of memories of what was going on in my life at the time Sims 1 came out It's very soothing.
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
Gotta love the Original of it all
Inventor
#19 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:45 AM
I voted TS2 but I almost think I should have voted TS1. TS1's songs are so memorable. But I love TS2's songs too!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cecilia
I voted TS2 but I almost think I should have voted TS1. TS1's songs are so memorable. But I love TS2's songs too!

Yeah... TS1 was pretty memorable. A lot of TS2 was downright annoying, and I too had to mute my speakers for it
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
The EA site has the official soundtrack to the Sims 3...not sure if its ALL the music (most likely not) http://www.ea.com/music
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
TS2 has great songs( although in my game rnb and hiphop gets muted imidiatly) TS1 was good music too :D
Forum Resident
#23 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:22 AM
I liked that they had popular songs actually done by the artists in TS2 (like The Veronicas, I'm a huge fan of theirs since 05 and it was exciting to hear an Australian band on the Sims!)

But I'd have to go with TS1, definitely. I loved the soothing, classical music. It wasn't obnoxious in the slightest. It's kind of funny, my uni bus that takes us around the campus (which is HUGE) plays this radio station with similar music as the original so it's like I'm reliving the game every day.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:29 AM
I would say the sims 3. I have been listening to the scores for a while now on the EAtrax site, and I really like it. The music is calming, and not as hyper as TS2 or 1, but then again I can hardly remember the sims 1 haha. I havent heard the radio station music for ts3 yet, but I'm sure its pretty good aswell.

Jack: Could you imagine anythng better? Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream in a pool on cognac drissled in the most expensive chocolate "Amadei Porcelana" covered in shaved truffles, and topped with 24 carat gold leaf.
Liz: I dunno, have you tried a donut in the microwave?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
I'm going to chime in and be the spoil sport . I cannot handle the music in any game for more than a few hours, so the buy/build mode music in TS2 makes me want to shoot myself by now. I'm sure it will be the same for TS3. I wish there were separate settings in the sound for buy/build and live modes.
Page 1 of 2