Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:36 PM
Yeah, hair is a biggie. The funny thing is, I don't have a ton of hair meshes. I try to keep the amount down to a dull roar, but the ones I do have provide a lot of variety TS2 didn't have from the start.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:55 PM
I think first and formost for me would be skin tones. Oh, but I don't remember seeing a custom skin tones star anywhere on screenshots, does anyone else?

The next thing, definitely is hair! Following that clothing, then anything that goes into buy mode. I think everything in that section needs expanding for me.

Moving on to mods, I want to see the sprinklers and the compost back for the gardens, because I heard these weren't in the game. Uhm, that's all I can think of until I actually play the game. ^.^
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:59 PM
I actually did see a custon content star while playing Sims Demo.

:D

It's possible but I wonder if the fat slider will do anything with the clothes [e.g. do we have to make like 1291282 fat morphs?]
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
Pyba

One way to see if it is that complex would be to look at the file download size of an item of clothing. If it is very large then maybe, if it is not that much larger than a ts2 then maybe the game has lots of lovely alogorithms for delaing with sizing issues.... maybe....
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM
Maybe the game just stretches it like an image would be stretched. That would make sense.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
I will definetly be missing InTeen. I loved playing little pregnant teens that lived with their boyfriend and their quads(going to miss that hack too) and living in a crappy little tiny house then gradually earning money and moving into a bigger and haveing 6 generation before they got destroyed!grrrrrrrrr! Sorry, i'm ranting. Anyway's i'll definetly miss inteen alot!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
I'll miss InTeen, too. I'm sure there'll be an InTeen-esque mod eventually. The demand is certainly there, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the first major mods made for Sims 3.

But the main hack that I'll miss is Macrotastics. The ability to order a Sim to do something useful while I focus on another is awesome. Now this is a hack I hope returns.
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Sophie_Q : 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Almost everything by Adelle, phoenix_pharie, buggybooz, Maylin and Hek. Windows and doors by fway, leesester, Guardian, HugeLunatic, platicbox, tbudgett, Tiggy027 and Jimbo64. And who could live without the Moses Basket by HP and Bruno's makeup. It's a toss-up between Dr Pixel and Fresh Prince for cars.
Alchemist
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
The hacks I used, hair, clothes and maybe some furniture. Mostly just the hacks are what I NEED though.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:10 AM
Nouk, Raon and Peggy hairs, as well as ...; most of all: Enayla Skins :'(
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:13 AM
all the clothes!! i love the clothes, the hair and the makeup! ++ i will miss the random cool objects, like the rejuvenating tv, that will be made (PLEASE make that to ts3, i LOVE it for my university sims!!)
Theorist
#37 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM
Skins, of course. I keep reading how the new sims are all similar looking in the face. So some face templates for variety would be awesome. Lots of eye colors (I am an eye color freak) and as many hair styles as possible.

I keep debating whether I am going out tomorrow and scour the area for the game or just wait a bit.

Guess I will see tomorrow...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:45 AM
More than anything, the InSIMenator, even though the chances of us getting one for TS3 is slim to none. THAT is what made TS2 fun for me. As for clothes, makeup and all the other stuff -- I'm sure eventually, someone will make cute stuff for our Sims to wear. I just want some good mods/hacks for TS3.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:47 AM
Furniture: everything by Adele and Phoenix Phaerie, for starters.

Build mode: too many lovely window and door sets to list, but starting with Mary Lou's Independent Expressions completer sets. The shiny urban set and Chrissy's mission set are great too. I like to be able to do my whole house in one window/door style, including windows of various heights and widths and both solid and glass doors... and sidelights

Gonna need a lot more stairs and railings and fences too, since those aren't recolorable.

Hacks: most of the essential ones I used in Sims 2 are not needed in Sims 3, because the functionality is included. Shop-at-Home Coathook, No Age Discrimination, Jobs Board and so on. On the other hand, I can already tell that there's a whole new set of hacks I'll want to control gameplay a lil more. "No townie move out" and "optional maternity leave", for instance.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:40 AM
There's some kids' pajamas I had in Sims 2 I want again, that I doubt could be remade with CaSt. Like a set of Batman pajamas. The bottoms were grey with the Bat symbol patterned on, which should work if we can import textures, but the top was two-tone grey with a big Bat symbol on the chest.

Really, the whole big-logo aspect I don't know whether it'll work, and I want to see again for t-shirts and the like.

For mods, my big one is the modesty removal. I don't know if Sims in Sims 3 have the same problems sharing bathrooms as in 2, but if they do, I want that hack again. I once had 2 child twins, a maid, and the family's father stand in the bathroom for a whole night, sundown to sunup, each trying to shoo each other from the bathroom to use the shower or toilet. (By around midnight it turned into all needing the shower because the ones wanting the toilet wet themselves.)
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:42 AM
Enayla's, HystericalParoxysm, Bruno, CTNutmegger, Echo, Numenor, Windkeeper, and Khakidoo's entire archives :P

And the Insim/Radiance/Censorremovers, of course.

And all the lovely stuff over at SS2 >.>
Alchemist
#42 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:52 AM
Oh wow, so much... Modular Sofa by Blakeboy, buggybooz's plants and furniture, the stuff from 4everSimfantasy, holysimoly, all the custom paintings and all the plants and shrubs I have... *sigh*

One thing I really want though is Monique's automatic payment mod. That'll be an item I miss. I loved giving my Sims loans they had to pay back.
Instructor
#43 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
...holysimoly...

Well...you have a good chance of that, since Shtinky is already making things for the Exchange.

(I am madly in love with their walls.)
Alchemist
#44 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
Hm, interesting. But personally I wouldn't download a single thing off the exchange.
Instructor
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Hm, interesting. But personally I wouldn't download a single thing off the exchange.

Maybe not, but at least you know they're interested in making stuff for TS3. My guess is that they will be working on CC for their own site here pretty soon.
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
I would like Adele's stuff updated, and Holysimoly's stuff...but primarily, I expect i'm going to go into clutter withdrawl. Sim houses just don't look right without clutter.

Oddly, I think I'm going to hope they put the EAxis closet from Apartment Life back in, if they haven't with the base game. I've always despised the wardrobe and dresser blockages; closets work so much better, IMO.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:40 AM
I have to agree with you Anna. Adele is amazing. I think I have everything she's ever made in my game.

This is random, but theres that ladder with the custom anims that was made (creator escapes me, I'm too lazy to look it up) and I haven't seen a ladder in any screenshots. Is it too much to ask for a ladder?! I'd also love to see Bruno make some amazing makeup. Im a sims makeup junkie.

Jack: Could you imagine anythng better? Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream in a pool on cognac drissled in the most expensive chocolate "Amadei Porcelana" covered in shaved truffles, and topped with 24 carat gold leaf.
Liz: I dunno, have you tried a donut in the microwave?
Instructor
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
Did anyone else actually thik that Shtinky's 1940's sim was more of a stylised self sim? It certainly looked incredibly like her... living out her bicuriousity.....
Forum Resident
#49 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
Mostly clothes and hair, I'm a sucker for pretty sims.
Also the many, many clutter files I have. And furniture

Pretty much everything non-Maxis.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Hair and makeup...I'm so superficial when it comes to Sims.

Ahhh... me too! I hope someone/ lots of people start making quality realistic hairstyles ASAP for the game! I got so tired of seeing the same hairstyles EVERYWHERE
Page 2 of 3