Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Build Sparkles!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM - Updated 13th Nov 2010 at 11:51 AM by HystericalParoxysm

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:10 AM
Many thanks for this. The sparkles were just bad in every way. It was like My Little Pony meets The Sims.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:22 AM
Thanks, the sparkles were a not so great idea tbh xD
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
Can I just say that every time I read a post from HP, I laugh myself silly... Your humor and wit are very entertaining, with lines such as fairy farts or coming over to eat all my pasta... Thanks for making me laugh more often!

BTW - I'm still torn about getting Sims3...

goderguy
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
I ripped off the eating all your pasta line from Delphy. Trufact.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
Thank you so much for this! I hate those stupid sparkles. Just place the wall a be done with it:D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I ripped off the eating all your pasta line from Delphy. Trufact.

Personally I am fond of the dirty socks in your computer threat. It brings to mind many questions such as are these your own dirty socks or is he bringing over a pile of his own?

Great job eradicating the sparkles. I can do without them for sure.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
HP, as always, you are amazing! I'm impressed with how quickly you've whipped out these mods. Already my game is so much nicer to look at!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:47 AM
Awesome. Will this get rid of the relationship ++ sparkles too?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM
Haha, I love the irony of how the game barely gets released before the first mods are uploaded and totally crushes the work of the designers.

In the future I hope you can make something that makes stairs and railings create a style-able, and a lot of other things that will improve the crappy building abilities in the game.
Theorist
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:37 AM
This is fantatsic! I think its great but I like the sparkles. Thankyou anyway
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:07 AM Last edited by shadogate : 4th Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM.
lol thanks for this, those sparkles were getting annoying

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:47 AM
Personally, I like the "fairy farts," but I'm willing to bet they'll get really old, really fast. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:21 AM
Oh, man, I am so glad someone is already paying attention to this game and how badly it needs to be modded. I downloaded I think literally everything you uploaded to this site for TS2 and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with TS3. Especially because, as ever, EA designers would appear to have the aesthetic sense of people who have been living under rocks their entire lives (they like things that are bright and sparkly, right?).
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:22 AM
Thank you for everyting you've done for this community! You are awesome!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:58 AM
simsbaby - Possibly? I hadn't actually noticed relationship sparkles - my sims are usually too busy doing stuff to talk to each other. If they use the same textures, yes.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:31 PM
Haha thanks for this. That fairy dust was kind of annoying
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:48 PM
Well, im still installing my game... ^^bought it 30 min ago...
and im kinda looking forward to se theese sparkles, alltho i think i will download this mod really REALLY fast...
...fairy dust... *chills*

You know you wanna
Inventor
#19 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:03 PM
Fairy farts? ^^
Now that's a comparison.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#20 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:56 PM
Thank gawd for you darlin! Pure waste of vid card power for those who don't have a top notch rig.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
#21 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
The first time I'd seen the build mode with sparklies, I cringed and hoped someone would create a mod to kill this atrocity pretty soon. What was EA thinking? I'm not a little girl playing with barbies. And though the sparkles might dazzle some of my sexually challenged Sims, it clashes with my gaming style. Let's just say that abandoned factories and fairy sparklies do not mix well together.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
Loverat - I can't guarantee that it will improve video performance at all, since the game is actually still generating the sparkles - they're just invisible. But at least it looks better.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:04 PM
well when i get the sims 3 i will defently get this fix
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:18 PM
Default @fairy farts
Fairy Farts... I so hard I
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goderguy
Can I just say that every time I read a post from HP, I laugh myself silly... Your humor and wit are very entertaining, with lines such as fairy farts or coming over to eat all my pasta... Thanks for making me laugh more often!

BTW - I'm still torn about getting Sims3...

I think were all a little torn about the game..... Mods like this though make the go in the right direction. If you take out a lot of the cheezy animations I bet people would have a better time using particles on High. I think if you set them to low it disables most of these. Im not sure though

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME MOD. GIVE ME MORE. (please)

-DuffDog-

-I AM taking BASIC requests.-
-Just PM to see if I might be able to do it.-
Page 1 of 4