Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
Wow! Everyone's pictures are so beautiful!

I really need TS3. *dies*
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:58 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Sep 2013 at 10:07 PM.

EDIT: This town, Sunset Valley, has been scrapped.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:33 AM
tizerist, that is SO awesome! *drools*

I wish there were some community lot objects for making restaurants and stores. Hopefully in a future EP!
Theorist
#29 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:15 AM
thanks panther00567

my hood is pretty much ready for stores, clubs and shops, the buildings in the picture are basically just "on hold" until theres something worthwhile to put inside them

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 7:12 PM

LJ
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:08 PM

Feel free to call me Squash

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:16 PM
The water on all your pictures look so good, is it a mod?
Because I have a GeForce GTS 250 with 1GB, turned everything in the graphics setup to the maximum and forced texture filtering and antialiasing in my graphic card's driver, but the water doesn't look that good. =/
Theorist
#33 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:04 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Sep 2013 at 10:08 PM.
heres the town progression from an aeriel view:
JUNE:

AUGUST:

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:52 AM Last edited by chris_damon : 15th Aug 2009 at 9:59 PM.
I posted these in the Random thread, but I imagine they were better suited here, so sorry lol

I love everyone's idea of moving the rabbit holes to the sea, very seasidey haha
Alchemist
#35 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:26 AM
tizerist, i'm going to sound really stupid but ... how did you fit the sports arena there?

and some absolutely gorgeous pictures here.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
tizerist, i'm going to sound really stupid but ... how did you fit the sports arena there?

and some absolutely gorgeous pictures here.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he used moveobjects on. I imagine if the door is accessible on the lot it was placed on, then it doesn't matter that the rest of the building flows onto the other lots.
Alchemist
#37 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 11:15 AM
oh that would make sense ... wouldn't that screw up when you actually play the neighbourhood though ... being that it's not where the lot is??

Theorist
#38 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:39 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Sep 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Basically Chris just said it.
The stadium flows onto all 4 lots in that area, but its actually situated on the middle one.
Its an illusion, but it works well in real time.
I also use the two lots on the sides as residential lots with sims living on them. This gives the illusion of sports fans being around the stadium.
And see the fence by the window? It stops them running onto, what they think, is empty ground. Cause the stadiums not on that actual lot.

#BlairWitchPetition
Alchemist
#39 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:02 AM
Wow thats pretty cool. Thanks for that, i think i might just have to do that myself .

Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:09 AM
I'm inspired by this thread. lol.
Just wish my graphics settings could be higher.
Theorist
#41 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:34 PM Last edited by tizerist : 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
Thanks for that, i think i might just have to do that myself .

No probs, I can send you the lots if you would like

Actually, the more I think about it, I may have set myself a task that is too much for just one person, building a whole real town.

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
#42 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:07 PM
That is so clever with the stadium. I'm trying to turn that area (which was formerly those lofts) into sort of a "shopping center" with the bistro and a martial arts practice studio (when World Adventures comes out there should be practicing objects, at least that's what they said on Gamespot)
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:40 AM
where did you get the taxis from?!
and do you also have the other NPCs? (non playeble cars)
Theorist
#44 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:17 PM Last edited by tizerist : 18th Aug 2009 at 5:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by de Friese knaap
where did you get the taxis from?!
and do you also have the other NPCs? (non playeble cars)

Actually yeah. I wasn't going to show any of this until it was more complete, but if you lot are getting the vibe then here is the Fire Station and Police Station. Cars by Wintermuteai1.

Fire Station

Police Station!
They patrol around the town too! Yesterday, I was just observing another park area, and a car with 2 police got out and started walking around - just like real life

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:28 PM
Wow those lots are amazing tizerist, you did an excellent job.
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:06 PM Last edited by linuslover30 : 18th Aug 2009 at 6:53 PM. Reason: Please don't ask for links in the threads. PM the OP instead!!
wow, looks phenomenal!
if you don't mind, I'm going to make one of those police stations (at least I'll try)
tho I couldn't find Wintermuteai1 cars.

Holland is nice too..
Theorist
#47 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:14 PM
Nice, thanks.

The cars are at simslice.com, they are pay cars.
I didn't pay for them though, someone with a nice booty did instead.

#BlairWitchPetition
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
hmm.. shame

Holland is nice too..
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Nice, thanks.

The cars are at simslice.com, they are pay cars.
I didn't pay for them though, someone with a nice booty did instead.

They're pay cars...even though they use the mesh included with the game? Erm...rip off much?

Still, your town looks awesome; it's coming along nicely
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:38 AM Last edited by panther00567 : 20th Aug 2009 at 5:49 AM.
Beautiful towns, Babolat and Tizerist!

I've kinda created my own town using the Sunset Valley template. It's called Shore City. I'm actually very pleased with it, even though there's no neighborhood tool out yet to edit the scenery and etc.

Here is a view of Shore City at Dawn.

Here is a street in downtown... the "Civic Center" which is the district that has the city hall, art gallery, library, and Doo Peas office. In the pic, the one non-rabbit hole building on the far left is the Library, and the close up building on the right is a cafe.

I also made a church with a wedding reception room, lol but I've only used it once, for a neighbor's wedding

For some reason the three other pics I have are too big to be posted on this thread, even though I resized them. Two of the pictures were of the art gallery I made, and when World Adventures comes out I plan on adding an Egyptian exhibit to it.
Page 2 of 15