Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:46 AM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 7th Jul 2017 at 3:33 PM.
I thought this thread would have been more popular.
Here, have some chocolate gnomes from the ITF food synthesisor.
Screenshots

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 4:39 AM
[IMG][/IMG]
Even with my graphics set on low, the flowers are surprisingly pretty.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 6:28 PM
Autumn salad...
The only time a bell pepper is actually..green.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:47 AM
Close up of a pigeon and, well...

The proverbial drowned rat:

Footprints in the frost:

This is what the inside of the boxcar diner looks like!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 11:49 PM
I'm surprised they went to the trouble to mesh it in such detail!

Instructor
#56 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:00 PM
Simsample - Glad you revived this old thread. I've only recently got into Sims 3 after a few starts and stops, and it's this kind of detail that makes it S3 so special.

Menaceman - Ditto that!
Instructor
#57 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:08 PM
Inside of the theater rabbithole. I can't believe the amount of detail in here, it actually looks like a theater.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#58 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:00 PM
Makes you wonder if we were ever actually intended to follow our Sims so far inside.

Mad Poster
#59 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:20 AM
Some random crap.
Objects behind a bar, and Sims talking in front of it.

A tile floor reflecting off a bust.

The beautiful neon sign of an art deco building.

Detailing on a 2016 Golf GTI.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#60 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:48 PM
From the winter food bar.

I attach pictures of gems. It reminds me of wallpapers.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:23 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 7th Aug 2018 at 4:37 PM.
What better place to post this - let's take a little look at some CRT monitors. This is the nasty-ass cheap PC that comes with the base game:

And this is the TS2 equivalent:

Notice anything out of the ordinary? The older model has a much more detailed model and higher resolution textures. The TS2 model has more than 3 times the polycount of TS3's. The TS3 model's screen is also flat. And god dammit, I can hardly think of anything more BORING than an entirely flat screen. I've gotten rid of all the flat, rectangular screens in my life and it's been nothing but an improvement so far. It may be a trivial thing but what the hell, EA?
Speaking of screens that bulge, have yourselves a fricking video wall. Fuck yeah.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#62 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
From the winter food bar.
*image*

And there is another dish.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Deshong : 25th Sep 2018 at 12:34 AM.

Clown in the Box.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 12:02 AM
I think this is an angry birb reference

#65 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 7:33 AM
What is this thing it has a long s n o o t
Screenshots
Alchemist
#66 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
What is this thing it has a long s n o o t

It's a shrew. They're quite common in real life. At least where I live. Cute too.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 6:47 PM
I have found this picture of the game from the tablet I took.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:15 AM
I forget which rabbit hole field trip this comes from, likely the bistro perhaps, though I think it can also be found in buydebug.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Forum Resident
#69 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 6:04 PM
When I saw this I wondered how amazing TS3 would look with real-time ray tracing. But you know, this looks cool too, for its time.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Forum Resident
#70 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 9:57 PM
When you call your client as Interior Decorator ... No your contact list doesn't exist as our cellphone.
In the sims 3, they surfing on the web instead of getting a contact list as in real life.
Screenshots

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 5th May 2023 at 12:43 AM
So I increased the textures in the GraphicsRules SGR file and I definitely notice a difference in clarity than just using NVidia Control Panel, though I never expected TS3 to accommodate newer hardware, to a certain extent, beyond its lifespan. However, it is good to know the developers allowed some settings to be modified for capable GPU's without any game-breaking workload. I didn't bother with anything else as I'm not comfortable making any other changes besides what I already did with disabling bloom so I no longer have the transparency issue with Sim hair. Unfortunately the tradeoff are no heat waves, no functional black lights, and obviously no bloom. But I'm fine with no bloom because my eyes can be sensitive to it at times.

I wasn't planning on taking screenshots of hands/fingernails but was impressed how well it looked. Yeah...playing high-end PC games have got me spoiled in terms of more realism, clarity and so on.

What I originally was planning to take screenshots of were just a few different blends of hair and eye colors on three of the models.

Alessandra has a blend of Lt Blonde + Red and a blend of Lt Green + Dk Green colored eyes. I consider this strawberry blonde.

Vivian has a blend Brown + Dk Orange and a blend of Grey + Dk Green colored eyes.

Nia has a blend of Black + Lt Orange and a blend of Lt Green + Amber colored eyes.

Field Researcher
#72 Old 20th May 2023 at 10:39 PM
@Deshong have you downloaded any eyelashes default replacement? I must have these. The default unmodded skin looks horrible. The HQ mod and high quality default replacements like yours are a blessing. I've been trying to make my sims look as realistic as possible. I figured out that eyelashes are one things which need a replacement for sure. Not sure if there's anything else which needs a change for a realistic effect.
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#73 Old 22nd May 2023 at 11:54 PM
It's from S-Club; it's not default replacements.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...page/3/cnt/100/

Field Researcher
#74 Old 23rd May 2023 at 11:25 PM
Oh, thanks. I used to have these, but decided to uninstall them in the end. I figured out how to improve the default eyelashes and this is the result:
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#75 Old 24th May 2023 at 1:49 AM
Your game looks nice with higher resolution. Though for me I'm not tweaking anymore settings in TS3 like that again. 😆

Page 3 of 4