Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Musical Notes!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2010 at 11:51 AM by HystericalParoxysm

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:00 PM Last edited by jcnfinitynbyond7 : 13th Jun 2009 at 3:26 PM.
hey there! i just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication that goes into making these mods for the game. Without talented and creative individuals like you- this game wouldn't be as interesting. Thank you for all that you've done and will do for Sims players like me I'm always amazed at the great mods that come out.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:11 PM
Thank you so much, HP!
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
This is great! Thanks so much, those notes were kind of annoying LOL ^_^ Great job!

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:34 PM
thank joe
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:55 PM
Nice, HP. Could you do a mod for no special effects when Mad Scientists have experimented on objects? (Or something like that, my game is in Finnish so I'm not sure if the words are right) It's nice to experiment, but I don't want a house full of glowing, laggy things.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
I'll have to figure out what effect that is as I've never seen it in my game (I don't have any mad scientists).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM Last edited by Darkspine : 14th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Added the screenshots of effects
Forum Resident
#9 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM
Any chance you could get rid of that watery looking effect from the stereos? That and the music notes from the guitar have been bugging me since I first saw them in screenshots.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
For the love of Cthulhu, thank you, HP. Those of us who want to tell stories without all of the damn effects surely appreciate what you've done for the game.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:05 PM
ShortyBoo - Those are shader based, and thus beyond my capabilities of modding. Sorry.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM
Absolutely appreciated. Thank you.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:15 PM
Man.. you just don't like Any of these special little effects, huh?
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VICIOUS713
Man.. you just don't like Any of these special little effects, huh?

I know right... lol. Thanks anyway though. I know it takes alot of effort to make these mods.

There is no emotion... there is peace.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
I wonder if this also removes the phone ring tone animation? I am deaf so I would love to have that one still in.

And if you find out a way to remove the mad scientist effect on upgraded objects I would LOVE to have it. It annoys the hell out of me!

Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:32 AM
Thanks sooo much 8D
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:45 AM
You're a Goddess!!!! Thank you sooooo much for the hard work! This is badly needed! ^_^

--------------------------
~Currently Playing with my BJDs, Sims 2 and Sims 4~
not really into Sims 3...
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
This is not supposed to conflict with Awesomemod, right? The "nozzzs" mod was working, then I installed this and your other two new mods as well as Awesomemod. After I did that, all of your effect mods stopped working. I removed Awesomemod and they still aren't working. I re-installed them, I changed my Resource.cfg file to the one Delphy made for the download instruction wiki page... nothing.

Any conflicts you know of? The only other things I've installed since your NoZz mod was working is patterns and lots from here.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Do not compressorize! It breaks these mods.
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:12 AM
Thanks so much for this! I really hate all the cartoony effects in the game.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
This is not supposed to conflict with Awesomemod, right? The "nozzzs" mod was working, then I installed this and your other two new mods as well as Awesomemod. After I did that, all of your effect mods stopped working. I removed Awesomemod and they still aren't working. I re-installed them, I changed my Resource.cfg file to the one Delphy made for the download instruction wiki page... nothing.

Any conflicts you know of? The only other things I've installed since your NoZz mod was working is patterns and lots from here.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Do not compressorize! It breaks these mods.

Excuse me Plum, Can i ask how you did it?? well because the music notes seems to not work in mine... and i also installed Awesomemod.
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:38 AM
I had to redownload it. Earlier today I ran the Compressorizor through my entire Packages folder, thereby compressing all my mods and breaking them.

If you compressed the file, you broke it. If you did not compress it and it still isn't working then I have no idea.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
I had to redownload it. Earlier today I ran the Compressorizor through my entire Packages folder, thereby compressing all my mods and breaking them.

If you compressed the file, you broke it. If you did not compress it and it still isn't working then I have no idea.

What do you mean by compress?
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
The Compressorizer is a program people run their .package files through to make them smaller. It usually doesn't break things, but I guess this beta incarnation breaks mods.

If you don't know what The Compressorizer is, then obviously that's not why the mod isn't working for you.

The only other thing I could think would be that you put the mod in the wrong file or do not have a Resource.cfg. Did you follow the download/install instructions carefully?
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your talent to make our game playing more enjoyable. Your awesome.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
It would be odd that the new Compressorizer would cause problems with this, since this is just a tiny texture replacer. It's basically just a default replacement image, alpha'd to black. Sounds like it needs some work still - this file couldn't be much simpler.

Page 1 of 4