Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:54 PM
Default Whats the most generations you have had in a family that YOU created?
I have always thought that it would be awesome to have some Sims with tons of ancestors ...Besides all the premade sims (Goth, Pleasant, ect,...).

Sorry if theres already a disscussion like this or something, Im sorta new, I just joined yesterday

I don't have a signature. Oh wait...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:16 AM
Not that I've seen yet. ^___^ Welcome to the site, in any case! I like your avatar. *stares at it*

My Gamma family has just hit Generation 5, the farthest I've ever gotten, so I'm not even out of the standard legacy challenge yet. But I've seen some families posted on this site with 14 or more generations, and still going strong. That's something that really takes determination. xD

Also known as Skuld Lunrix, just using my MTS2 account from now on ^_^;
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:35 AM
Well I have never even started generations before! HAH, well I started like last week and I have a child-age 3rd generation, and her name is Rella! But she has like uhh 5+2, uhh 7 cousins and her auntie is pregnant again, probably triplets or quads!

:P
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:16 PM
The farthest i've ever gotten is Gen.5 because I always get bored of the same family & kill them all LOLz. But I have a new fam now & am determined to get to atleast Gen.10
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
My farthest is generation 11 with my legacy family, then I got bored and kind of abandoned them.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:16 PM
one. I'm terribly impatient...

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Helptato
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:31 PM
10! =D
I completed a legacy.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:49 PM
I've had kids in the third generation, but I like big families, and it would bug me when the kids became older than their parents because I played with them more. So I usually spend all my time trying to play with everyone equally.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
I had a family whose kids had just gone off to college (Gen 2, 3 kids born a few days apart) I wanted to see how far I could go with them but I lost them in a glitch. This was gonna be the start of a Legacy and Prosperity rolled into one. I was DEVASTATED when I had to restart the challenge.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:50 AM
I remember I had a no-cc 30 generation Pleasantview Legacy that was the entirety of Pleasantview focussing on the offspring of the teens, it took me about 3 years to finish. I found that after about 3 generations there was nobody who WASN'T related to each other so I had to chuck in some townie blood as well as BV Locals into the mix D: I miss that game, it was so fun.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:25 PM
The main hood I played from 2005-2010 reached 5 generations, which doesn't sound like much except that I had about 250 playable sims per generation. Before AL came out, I'd create "apartment lots" with 2 families per actual lot, giving each of them a floor of their own.

When creating a 'hood based off of a fictional universe, though, I'll often go back and re-create as much of a family tree as I can, which means I might create 3-4 generations of selected families before actually making the characters I want to play. (I don't play those ancestors, just create them, set up family ties in SimPE, and kill them off at appropriate ages.) For example, I've got the Black family tree set up through Sirius's parents' generation, along with the Prewett and Longbottom family trees, which are tied to it. I also go into SimPE to flag great-grandparents as family, since the game stupidly doesn't recognize the relationship.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:52 PM
Currently my Prosperity challenge has got some Gen 4 kids born, and that's been going for almost two years (not to mention that these gen 4 kids? are about one or two rotations behind age-wise than some of the youngest gen 2 sims I have).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:58 PM
I think mine was about 3, thing was i ended up deleting them once i found a better family. It always happens!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:25 PM
I'm currently doing a legacy, I'm on Generation 4 at the moment, and thats the furthest i have gone with a family i have created of my own. Its my goal to reach Generation 10.
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
*cough* About 30.

I play very long-term neighborhoods with population controls in place to make sure that they don't get totally overwhelming. I rotate through all the families and most of 'em have kids and...uh, yeah. Lots of generations. I love it when my patriarch/matriarch is a vampire and he/she is still alive (and sometimes still having kids!) when Generation 20 is born.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:29 PM
I've only ever made it to the second generation =/
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:17 AM
I've only gotten to generation 2, then got bored of the same family over and over. So, Im going to try a new way of playing by combing 2 challenges: Legacy challenge and Prosperity challenge. That way I can spread my game time across the whole hood, while still playing the same family. Hope I can make it past generation 2 that way.
Theorist
#18 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:39 AM
11 and still not finished.

I think it's not always boring, it depends on the way you do it. For example, one of my poor families spent 8 generations just trying to buy a house, that was one of the most exciting families for me to play, and not boring at all despite 8 generations. I played with different prices to make the game more reaslitic and hard, and all property costed 10 times more than the game showed, as well as all objects in Buy Mode. That's why it took them 8 generations to earn money for the "cheapest" house, around 120.000 simoleons. Their money kept being spent for rent and objects that costed 10x more, as well as 10x bigger bills. Plus I limited the jobs in many ways, making education required for job levels and pricey, so most sims couldn't work past level 3. It was really exciting and exotic! Normally I never played such poor sims. It was like a challenge, make homeless sims obtain their home in the face of "Sim Financial Crisis" :D, with crazy prices all around and in the cruel reality where money rules the world.

But when playing a family without any idea behind it to make it exciting, I always get bored quickly and give up on it. There were countless families I lost interest to in the second generation and never continued to play. That's why I never do it anymore, there are always special family traits to my families now, as well as special long-term goals.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:47 PM
The longest I've ever gotten was to the fifth or sixth generation, and then my neighborhood disappeared. *cries*
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:54 PM
Sadly, I haven't finished any. I have this sim I've saved, and I usually either start with her as an adult or her as a toddler. I just cannot bring myself to let her die, because I'm terribly in love with her. So when she turns into an elder, she retires and I move on to her kids, who are usually in University, and I find University so boring after the first semester that I just move on to a different neighborhood.

And one thing with playing Sims 2 after getting to know Sims 3 is story progression, so I get bored when/if I make families and I would have to go in and age them. I know there's a way to do it, but for a long time I didn't know how. (Man, I wish I could combine the two games! lol) But yeah.... not even one generation.

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:03 PM Last edited by HarVee : 5th Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Uh.. About 62 actually. I'm not joking, nor am I exaggerating.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:57 PM
About 14 generations, and that was playing Life Stories. It's a bit easier when you're only allowed 4 Sims per lot!

(Still, since getting the "regular" Sims 2 and all EPs and SPs, I hardly play Life Stories anymore.)
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:19 PM
I try to play my entire neighborhood at a more or less even rate, so getting to watch the grandkids of the first characters grow up and go off to college was really exciting for me...and as far as I've gotten. I started that hood before I knew anything about bugs and hacks and clean templates, and things had gotten glitchy enough that I knew I needed to start fresh. I've played a bunch of different hoods since then. None of them has held my interest long enough to get through one entire generation.
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:24 PM
The family that I'm currently concentrating on is now up to Generation 4 and I'm playing in rotation, but that's not the furthest I've ever got. My highest generation in one family was 7, but that house was just crazy!

I do want to hit generations in double figures but it's going to take a long time to get there, and that's provided the family involved can hold my interest that long.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:54 AM
Wow, good topic.
I have one family that hit gen 4 recently. This is my 3rd neighbourhood start. To keep organized, I'm playing each house 3 days, then moving on. I couldn't keep up the timeline for each family in previous neighbourhoods. I think it helps to let the individual family trees grow a bit before letting them marry within the hood. It gets tougher the more households are in your neighbourhood. Which begs the question: "How many households do we have?" I'm nowhere near full at 25 households or so, so far.
Page 1 of 6