Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 22 (Who?), Viewed: 34154 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:31 AM
Default Body Sculptor Lifetime Reward... am I missing something?
I just threw away 30,000 of my Sim's hard earned Lifetime Rewards points on this Body Sculptor thing, but it seems pretty useless to me. I thought it would be something like the Plastic Surgery tool in TS2, but it's nothing like that at all. You don't actually get to do "sculpt" anything at all. You only get 4 options... "Stronger" "Weaker" "Thinner" or "Fatter". I chose to make my Sim thinner, just to see what would happen, and when he came out, he looked exactly the same as he looked before he went in. You can set the intensity on Low, Medium, and High, so I tried "Thinner" with the machine set on "High" again, and he came out with bulging biceps and huge, muscular thighs.

Am I missing something with this thing, because it really does seem like a waste of points to me.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM
If you set it to thinner thats not going to change his muscles...they'll still be the same size only very slightly smaller. Setting the machine to make him weaker will decrease the muscle size
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:43 AM
Lol. fail.

I hope you saved before you did that. Seriously, don't experiment with things like that without saving beforehand. Especially when you're using that many Lifetime Happiness Points.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:07 AM
It depends on what the size of the Sim was. Remember if they were a little rotund and had similar muscle mass then this would mean they would get thinner and therefore look alot more tones.

So just take time to consider that now there are 2 sliders, one for muscle and one for fat. It would be helpful if we could get a slider to view in the UI to see where these are positioned for sims. So we have a better idea of what they will look like coming out when they do things like this. Also so that we know what kind of exercise will be best for them no point in doing the weight machine for someone who has lots of muscle mass, but the tread mill would probably be the best.
Inventor
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:11 PM
Apperently the machine can backfire, sounds like that's what happened.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:41 AM
To fix: enable testing cheats and ctrl click on the emptyish area beside the chest or lifetime rewards. That gives you 500 points with each click. You can gain it all back super quick! I learned it on some forum.

Quote: Leighanimal: "then go to your sim and hold ctrl and left click the space between the chest and lifetime points number. it adds 500 every click."

Yes, it does work, you just have to search for the right spot to click.

That will negate any lifetime loss. My problem with their dinky little machine is the wait time and failure. I don't find it entertaining to fix the errors it causes. If I want a sim to be a skinny weak anime type, I should have the power to keep them so. Unfortunately Eaxis catered for the common ideal which is:
More Ape-like = better.

I am, "The Man". I will get you down... Don't stick it to me... "Drink milk and be non-puntable"
Thank you Mimewhite for making the Seph trench coat.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 1:03 AM
Guys I think you actually miss what happens.

If you do not know how much someones muscle mass is, ie where on the slider they are, which you CAN NOT as it is NOT visible, if you remove the FAT. Then this means you are going to see the muscle underneath.

Usually if someone is a blob they have a proportionate amount of muscle mass. This also works in game if you set some as having too little muscle mass they do not look right at certain ends of the scale. This means the Sim in question was likely to have had a large muscle mass. This means WHEN you REMOVE THE FAT you are left with the muscle. Which in this case was 99.9% likely to have been high. Ergo no back fire. You simply FORGOT about the guys muscle mass. Not rocket science really.

If you want to start talking about bugs you might want to actually find one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:36 AM
My Sim wasn't fat (or even bulky) to begin with. I created him, so I know exactly where he was on the sliders. His muscle mass on the slider was on the low end when I created him, not the high end, but I still wasn't happy with the way he looked. His neck looked too thick. When I clicked "thinner", I figured it would make him thinner. The machine didn't make him "thinner" at all. It made him bulkier, and he ended up looking like a football player, which is the exact opposite of what I was going for. If I'd wanted him bulky and muscular, it would stand to reason that I would have chosen "stronger", not "thinner".

Well, I didn't save before I exited, so I got his points back. And I'm not saying it's a "bug". I'm saying I won't be wasting points on it again, because it doesn't do what I thought it would do. I thought it would at least give us sliders so that we could "sculpt" them the way we wanted them.
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:29 AM
what was hsi mood then as it only miss fires if they had a low mood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:00 PM
Nope. He has achieved lifetime happiness, and he is "Elated" permanently now. Plus,he had just gotten married, woohood, was squeaky clean, etc... I don't know what happened. It just didn't work.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:14 PM
Default wow...
was he all the way skinny when he did it? that's what happened to me, my guy was as muscular as cna be, so when i did more muscular nothing happened...and maybe if you use it twice it does the opposite...and does anyone know what happens AFTER you use it? I mean it says set power level, and i set it to high, do i have to wait? thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:16 PM
wait i found my answer, and maybe yours...
"the higher the power level the more noticeable the results . I have made my Sims very buff using this little toy. I bought it with hopes of being able to change skin tone, but now I use to get my Sims to look like muscle builders."
so when it says set power level you set it to high so you can see, also it backfires sometimes, and then you have to wait 2 sim hours to try again hope this helps someone...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:14 PM
Best explaination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidheed
Guys I think you actually miss what happens.

If you do not know how much someones muscle mass is, ie where on the slider they are, which you CAN NOT as it is NOT visible, if you remove the FAT. Then this means you are going to see the muscle underneath.

Usually if someone is a blob they have a proportionate amount of muscle mass. This also works in game if you set some as having too little muscle mass they do not look right at certain ends of the scale. This means the Sim in question was likely to have had a large muscle mass. This means WHEN you REMOVE THE FAT you are left with the muscle. Which in this case was 99.9% likely to have been high. Ergo no back fire. You simply FORGOT about the guys muscle mass. Not rocket science really.

If you want to start talking about bugs you might want to actually find one.

I think this guy had the most logical and convincing argument. To add to it, you will gain/lose weight/muscle as you play the game leaving you with a different sim then when you started.

If you have Awesomemod (dont know why everyone is so opposed to it) then you can use "bodyinfo" to see the exact muscle and weight stats and then modify them individually with another command getting your sim EXACTLY how you want them.
Alchemist
#14 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravvid: Phase -0
To fix: enable testing cheats and ctrl click on the emptyish area beside the chest or lifetime rewards. That gives you 500 points with each click. You can gain it all back super quick! I learned it on some forum.

Quote: Leighanimal: "then go to your sim and hold ctrl and left click the space between the chest and lifetime points number. it adds 500 every click."

Yes, it does work, you just have to search for the right spot to click.

no. it doesnt work. i just tried it several times. please dont spread false info.

as for the topic at hand, yeah, if your sim is fat AND muscular, if you thin them out, they will simply appear muscular. to reduce both you must also reduce muscle mass after reducing fat mass.

There is truth, love, and light in the world. You just find it more quickly when you decide to become a source of it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidiaParasidia
no. it doesnt work. i just tried it several times. please dont spread false info.

it does work. the thing is, you have to enter testingcheatsenabled true before you enter your saved game. i know it works because i use it all the time.

I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.
Alchemist
#16 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZ
it does work. the thing is, you have to enter testingcheatsenabled true before you enter your saved game. i know it works because i use it all the time.

at the log in screen? [ " main menu " ]

*edit*
ok, it does work. o_O
sorry. it wasnt properly explained until you added on.

There is truth, love, and light in the world. You just find it more quickly when you decide to become a source of it.
Scholar
#17 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:37 AM
Beware of this item!

Beside the fatter/thinner, stronger/weaker you also have the option to "go back to original" (or something like that). It would mean to go back to how your sim was first created, assuming this is a first generation sim (I have not tested on 2nd gen). This option does NOT guarantee going back to original shape. It could give you something so terrible that there is no fixing unless you load old saved games.

My experience: I created a fat sim. He is meant to be an overweight computer engineer. Smart, hard working, but timid and not good with women. I spent a lot of time making him look very good, overweight but cute. Somehow he exercised a bit too much and became "fit". So I put him into that Body Sculptor, and he came out ..... a zombie looking being. His facial features are all messed up, from a gentle looking face to a face you never want to look at.

Use that thing with caution!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZ

Thankyou so much for that info, people have said you could do that but it never worked for me because no one explained how to do it correctly!

freeRealEstate never worked for me either, maybe this is what I need to do to activate it?
Alchemist
#19 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbalena
Thankyou so much for that info, people have said you could do that but it never worked for me because no one explained how to do it correctly!

freeRealEstate never worked for me either, maybe this is what I need to do to activate it?

xD ditto! *feels better about self.*

Scholar
#20 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:17 AM
Quote:

I just figured out how to click for Lifetime Happiness through this post as well. Before this, I use the mod that increase 10x Lifetime Happiness gain. This mod works very well when I need to test something, but otherwise makes my sims take lifetime happiness points for granted.

Regarding "freeRealEstate" it works for me. If I recall, it works with just after typing "testingcheatsenabled on". But now I am permanently with awesome mod (and it automatically keeps testingcheatsenabled on). I can be at Edit Town screen, whether have active family on or not, pull up the command line (Shift Ctrl C, correct me if I am wrong) and type "freerealestate" and it works. I always type with all lower case. Why don't you try to mimic all the steps I take and see if that works:

- testingcheatsenabled on
- freerealestate

Also, when you try to place a new family into an expensive lot, it may show red when you hover over. But even that happens, ignore it, and just place it as if your sims can afford the lot (even if it shows the lot red).
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:12 AM
Default Where is the said "Body Sculptor Machine"??
I purchased Body Sculptor with my lifetime rewards and it said it was in my inventory, but nothing ever showed up I checked both my personal inventory and family inventory.

Any clue what happened, or am I doing this all wrong??
Site Helper
#22 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 3:53 PM
Get a "refund", then try again. Check everyone's inventory, as well.

If it still doesn't show up you have a game problem.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Instructor
#23 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 4:46 PM
Quote:

To get FreeRealEstate to work: Create your sim or family. Finish the family and Exit CAS. At the Choose Place to Live screen, open Edit Town. Type in the code. Choose your family and choose to "Place Copy". Put your family into any lot you wish. Go back to the screen where you'd place your family in the map (I can't recall the name of that screen), and choose the lot you placed them on. They'll be on that lot with all of their starting funds.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:02 PM
It's pretty pointless to get that reward as the change is temporary not permanent. You're better off turning on TCE and right clicking on your sim and selecting Edit in CAS if you want to change their body.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

Section jump