Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 421 (Who?), Viewed: 97781 times.
Page 10 of 17
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:46 PM
BUT the Social Worker is safe because you can get her on a date if you call the Gypsie lady for a blind date.
Mad Poster
#227 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:51 PM
No, Social Worker is absolutely NOT safe. She has interactions available to her, is dateable, and can be moved in without cheats, it's true. That just make her particularly bad, because it seems like that would make her safe.

Nonetheless, her character file is incomplete, and she will absolutely corrupt the neighborhood if made playable.

Fortunately, she DOES fit within the rule of thumb guidelines I just mentioned in that she does not have a name of her own. That's your clue.
Test Subject
#228 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:09 PM
I would think the lady you get form the blind date just looks like her and is called social worker. I wouldn't think they would give u one they knew would corrupt your files, they don't bite... hard!
Mad Poster
#229 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
I wouldn't think they would give u one they knew would corrupt your files, they don't bite... hard!


Huh! Yes they do my friend, yes they do! And they are not even aware of it. And they do bite hard.

Ouch! EA! *rubs arm*

Whenever a corruption happens, EA bites us. You feel the pain because you lost all your hard work.

As for the SW part, no, the game doesn't create a clone of the SW, its the same one you see taking and delivering sims.
Field Researcher
#230 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
I wouldn't think they would give u one they knew would corrupt your files


OK, I don't intend this in a mean way but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That quote is practically sig-worthy. You're obviously new to the Sims universe. EA put in zillions of things that corrupt your game. Go back and read this whole thread, as well the entire thread at http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394352 for a little education.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Test Subject
#231 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyjon
OK, I don't intend this in a mean way but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That quote is practically sig-worthy. You're obviously new to the Sims universe. EA put in zillions of things that corrupt your game. Go back and read this whole thread, as well the entire thread at http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394352 for a little education.



Little education!! And im the one who reads Sims wiki all day, who knows how to ressurect the REAL Bella Goth, Michel Blacheor AND Skip Broke! And people think i need a little education!! >So i may not know what to do when it comes to NPC's, but a little sims wiki goes a long way
Mad Poster
#232 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
Little education!! And im the one who reads Sims wiki all day, who knows how to ressurect the REAL Bella Goth, Michel Blacheor AND Skip Broke! And people think i need a little education!! >So i may not know what to do when it comes to NPC's, but a little sims wiki goes a long way

Yeah, but Cyjon, as one of our currently active, and, I might add, very active, modders who actually spends time looking at the game code, goes somewhat further.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Instructor
#233 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
The only way to resurrect the "real" Bella Goth is to totally corrupt your neighborhood and make it necessary to re-install your entire sims game. Seriously, people have tried to do this since the first CD was sold by EA. By the way, some other people have also started myths and apocrypha of Sims 2. For example the "twinsrcute" cheat. Is that in your efforts too?
Test Subject
#234 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:10 PM
No, I have been using a certain way to have Bella goth, and i have used it for at least a year now, no change in gameplay. I mean, really, Tomb stone of L and D really is a waste of time.
Mad Poster
#235 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Darby : 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:50 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortureTheNannies
The only way to resurrect the "real" Bella Goth is to totally corrupt your neighborhood and make it necessary to re-install your entire sims game. Seriously, people have tried to do this since the first CD was sold by EA. By the way, some other people have also started myths and apocrypha of Sims 2. For example the "twinsrcute" cheat. Is that in your efforts too?


Huh? Players have been safely getting Bella back in Pleasantview for years. I don't know the exact process (never tried it myself), but I think it's as simple as removing her death token in CAS. (edit: SimPE, not CAS. My bad.)

Now, if you're talking about going to Strangetown and moving the imposter Bella to Pleasantview, which can only be done using the broken, corrupting occupied lot bin, then yes, you're talking about corruption. But there, you're not correct in that it's the type of corruption that requires a game reinstall. Moving ST Bella to PV corrupts ST and PV - not the entire game.
Field Researcher
#236 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 1:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
Huh? Players have been safely getting Bella back in Pleasantview for years. I don't know the exact process (never tried it myself), but I think it's as simple as removing her death token in CAS. (edit: SimPE, not CAS. My bad.)


Yeah, it's that simple. I am completely SimPE illiterate and I have resigned myself to the fact that I will NEVER be able to effectively use SimPE. And yet, even *I* have resurrected Bella Goth.
Field Researcher
#237 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
Little education!! And im the one who reads Sims wiki all day, who knows how to ressurect the REAL Bella Goth, Michel Blacheor AND Skip Broke! And people think i need a little education!!


Well bully for you. And I'm the one who's been programming for over 30 years and been writing Sims 2 mods for...well I'm not sure how long, but I have mods with creation dates of January 2007. Seriously, anyone who makes a comment like, "I wouldn't think they would give u one they knew would corrupt your files" (oh, man, that still makes me giggle) has no clue what he is talking about. You can either smarten up and listen, or get lost in your own arrogance and destroy your game.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
#238 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Apr 2012 at 5:06 PM.
Please everyone, calm down. There's no need to fight.

I'm not even sure what the argument is about.

Are we arguing about whether Bella Goth can be resurrected safely? As far as I can tell, both of you agree that she can. In which case, there's no need to argue.

Are we arguing about whether the game contains actions which are unsafe? It's clear that it does. We have an entire FAQ about things which will corrupt your game or your installation files. Some of those things are permitted in normal game play, without any cheats.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

Or, are we arguing about who knows more about the game? If so, perhaps you two should take your argument to a private space, such as PMs.
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#239 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:10 PM
Please listen to Mootilda.

Please be civil to each other.


This is just a discussion and there is no need to insult each other. Please keep to the topic, which is 'NPCs that are safe to marry'. Bella Goth definitely has no place in this conversation.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Field Researcher
#240 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:22 PM
Um...huh?

RH made an incorrect statement directly related to the subject of this thread.

I corrected him and suggested he educate himself on the subject of this thread as well as other corruption issues.

He said he didn't need to educate himself on the subject of this thread because he already knew everything.

I said he didn't know everything about the game, including the subject of this thread.

My comments are not actually directed at him. If he wants to blindly go on and corrupt his game, fine. But I don't want people reading his post and assuming it's right because they read it on the internet. And when two people have disagreements about the mechanics of a particular piece of software, their respective backgrounds are directly relevant to the discussion.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Test Subject
#241 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyjon
Um...huh?

RH made an incorrect statement directly related to the subject of this thread.

I corrected him and suggested he educate himself on the subject of this thread as well as other corruption issues.

He said he didn't need to educate himself on the subject of this thread because he already knew everything.

I said he didn't know everything about the game, including the subject of this thread.

My comments are not actually directed at him. If he wants to blindly go on and corrupt his game, fine. But I don't want people reading his post and assuming it's right because they read it on the internet. And when two people have disagreements about the mechanics of a particular piece of software, their respective backgrounds are directly relevant to the discussion.



1. Im a GIRL, Thanks!

2. Get a life, im sure tesco sell some. But that would be unlikely for them to give u one, since u don't need one, if your ''all so clever''

3. Since ur not telling the whole story, i will for everyone:

I said i don't think they would give u the social worker on blind date due to they are not that nasty in my OPINION. Then this annoying freak goes off like some clever geek and says im not educated, which to be honest, made me unable to get sleep half of that night . I said i AM educated, and i know how to get bak bella goth, ect, when many others don't. Now i am going to ignore this punk because im nto bothered getting into any fights, UNLIKE him, who started it! Now plz don't take this dearly everyone, but this is my first week on this forums ( Joined a while bak, but never went on ) and this is really nice welcome eh? Now i respect u want this fight to stop, and i WILL make sure it does, even if this brat likes it or not!! Sorry, but i just have to like this out to him, im getting stressed.
Forum Resident
#242 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:32 PM
Anyway...

Has anything been started on some sort of Wiki page for NPCs to avoid? I'd really like to get something bookmarked or printed out that I can reference during game play. Not trying to rush anyone but I'm just curious if there's anything in the makes yet.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Test Subject
#243 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwinney43
Anyway...

Has anything been started on some sort of Wiki page for NPCs to avoid? I'd really like to get something bookmarked or printed out that I can reference during game play. Not trying to rush anyone but I'm just curious if there's anything in the makes yet.


Not that i know of, sorry
Site Helper
#244 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Apr 2012 at 9:07 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
I don't think they would give u the social worker on blind date due to they are not that nasty in my OPINION.
Unfortunately, opinion has nothing to do with the issue. The social worker is unsafe. EA did not make the social worker unsafe because they are nasty. They made the social worker unsafe because they did not consider it worth their time and effort to make the social worker safe. In general, EA did not worry about the fact that various in-game actions will corrupt your neighborhood (or even worse, your entire installation). It was obviously not a major issue for them, since they had 9 EPs and 9 SPs and various patches available to fix the problem, but they never fixed it This means that we (as a community) have had to create threads like this to discuss these issues.

Cyjon was not very tactful in his post where he tried to correct your misunderstanding. At least he said "I don't intend this in a mean way but...", which is your clue that he was aware that he wasn't being very tactful. I know Cyjon well enough to believe that he was trying to be helpful, both to you and to anyone who might believe the misinformation in your post. Perhaps he will decide to be more careful about his wording in the future.

The internet is full of misinformation, people are not always tactful, and people are often quick to take offense. Sometimes, it's important to set your ego aside and try to listen to what a person is saying, rather than how they are saying it. We all want this thread to have correct information about avoiding things which will corrupt your game.

RatterHatter, since you are a firm believer in the Wiki, would you be more willing to believe that the social worker is unsafe if we added that information to the Wiki? Threads like this are often a precursor to a wiki article.

One more thing. You might want to re-read the site rules, especially the posting guidelines (including 2. No jackassery and 8. Type Intelligently). I found your post very difficult to understand, and you were obviously trying to insult Cyjon.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713
Test Subject
#245 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
Unfortunately, opinion has nothing to do with the issue. The social worker is unsafe. EA did not make the social worker unsafe because they are nasty. They made the social worker unsafe because they did not consider it worth their time and effort to make the social worker safe. In general, EA did not worry about the fact that various in-game actions will corrupt your neighborhood (or even worse, your entire installation). It was obviously not a major issue for them, since they had 9 EPs and 9 SPs and various patches available to fix the problem, but they never fixed it This means that we (as a community) have had to create threads like this to discuss these issues.

Cyjon was not very tactful in his post where he tried to correct your misunderstanding. At least he said "I don't intend this in a mean way but...", which is your clue that he was aware that he wasn't being very tactful. I know Cyjon well enough to believe that he was trying to be helpful, both to you and to anyone who might believe the misinformation in your post. Perhaps he will decide to be more careful about his wording in the future.

The internet is full of misinformation, people are not always tactful, and people are often quick to take offense. Sometimes, it's important to set your ego aside and try to listen to what a person is saying, rather than how they are saying it. We all want this thread to have correct information about avoiding things which will corrupt your game.

RatterHatter, since you are a firm believer in the Wiki, would you be more willing to believe that the social worker is unsafe if we added that information to the Wiki? Threads like this are often a precursor to a wiki article.

One more thing. You might want to re-read the site rules, especially the posting guidelines (including 2. No jackassery and 8. Type Intelligently). I found your post very difficult to understand, and you were obviously trying to insult Cyjon.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713



Thank you, i will try to do better. Sometimes I just get so furious! About the wiki, it's fine, but if u think it's best, well go ahead
Forum Resident
#246 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatterHatter
Not that i know of, sorry


I meant that question more towards Mootilda and the rest. They were talking about making a wiki page of the unsafe NPCs. Just wanted to know if they decided on a format yet.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#247 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:43 PM
What happens if you get the SW dropped as a blind date? Is the hood instantly corrupted? I didn't even know she could be interacted with. Which totally blows away my 'safe if you can move them in without cheat' criteria I always used for NPC's. I'll have to add 'And comes with a real name' to that. Thankfully I've never had her as a date drop.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:01 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe the Social Worker showing up as a blind date is a sign that there's already hood corruption.
Mad Poster
#249 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
What happens if you get the SW dropped as a blind date? Is the hood instantly corrupted?


I wouldn't think so. *knock on wood* It seems that making the no-no NPCs playable is where the problem comes in. (I personally count making one selectable for this.) At any rate, dates aren't playable by default. Nonetheless, I'd end the date immediately!

ETA: Helmasaur may have a point.
Mad Poster
#250 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 1:27 AM
Good point. I had a hood that I knew was corrupt and before I saved sims etc from that hood Mrs C was walking around without her handbag and she tried to kiss one of my sims. I hurried up on that extracting process after seeing that!
Page 10 of 17
Back to top

Section jump