Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#26 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:40 PM
Does she have a name?

If all you want is her looks it would be simplest to create a sim, then use sim surgery with SimPE to give that sim her appearance.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:52 PM
You can marry Grim, too? What?!
Site Helper
#28 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 12:01 AM
No, you can't marry Grim. But it is safe to use Insim to have his baby.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#29 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM
How are any of you getting your sims to be able to even talk to Rod Humble? I can't even click on him. I wouldn't want my sims to get romantic with him but I'd like them to give him an earful about the way Sims3 turned out!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 2:42 AM
Does anyone know anything about the break dancer NPCs or the Living Statue dudes?
I accidently used a cheat that made my sim know everyone (including NPCs) in town and I got them on the list. I haven't seen any of them on any community lots so what's the deal?

I like candy.
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:01 AM
Scholar
#32 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
How are any of you getting your sims to be able to even talk to Rod Humble? I can't even click on him. I wouldn't want my sims to get romantic with him but I'd like them to give him an earful about the way Sims3 turned out!

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true + SHIFT + CLICK
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sgarciazzy
Does anyone know anything about the break dancer NPCs or the Living Statue dudes?
I accidently used a cheat that made my sim know everyone (including NPCs) in town and I got them on the list. I haven't seen any of them on any community lots so what's the deal?

You need to put their objects on community lot, try to find in OFB or AL folder, so they can appear with those objects on your community lot.

The break dancer is a carpet or something like that, the living statue dude is a small gray looked like rock, hope it helps
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 5:37 PM
Thanks to Spal the All Knowing Simster

I like candy.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sgarciazzy
Thanks to Spal the All Knowing Simster

Lol, no I'm not, it's just all simmers are not here yet today,

If you still can't find it, create a new thread, so more simmers will see and answer.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 11:03 AM
I'm trying to add a few NPCs to my sim families, actually, and I'm having some difficulty with the Repairman. I had my sim meet him by calling him over to fix something, and then Chat and Hang out to build up the relationship scores. Eventually the option to Flirt -> Charm came up, but nothing else so far - there's still quite a limited range of what my sim can do with him, which consists of basically Chatting, Hanging Out, Bragging, Tipping, Dismissing, Shooing, and Charming. And that's IT. It's taking ages to build up their relationship and no other options for interaction are becoming available. She can't seem to call him on the phone either, although she can send and receive e-mails from him to build up the relationship that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't be this hard, right? I'm pretty sure I managed to get my sims married to NPC's in the past and it was much easier than this.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#37 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 11:21 AM
Talanata, do you have Free Time or later EPs installed? Free Time broke the ability to call certain NPCs. You should try downloading the fix to phone NPCs at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ (Sims2 > Fixes > Free Time).
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Talanta : 29th Sep 2009 at 8:38 PM.
Yes, I do! I have all of the EP's including Apartment Life! Thanks very much! I KNEW I could call those characters before, and figured it must have something to do with installing the latest EP's, but wasn't sure where to look seeing as I've already done the official patches and everything. Thanks!

I was playing that family earlier today actually, and it is still possible to invite those sims to parties and for them to call you both to chat or invite you out, so I managed to get the marriage to happen in the end, but thanks that'll help a lot!

EDIT: Also, is it just me or are burglars unbelievably friendly? I know, I know, after a while your sims will stop being mad and may even try to befriend the burglar, etc, but I do everything I can to encourage my sims to stay mad, and the burglar still gets uncomfortably friendly with my sims. I mean, one family got robbed and they all really hated the burglar, furious thought bubbles for ages... since they all woke up when the burglary happened, he appeared in all their contact lists, and the next day he called up the house to speak to the poor traumatised little girl of the family (who stops at least once an hour to think about how angry or upset she is that they were burgled), and every single day since, the burglar has phoned the house wanting to speak to the child of the family, with all the family just furious at him. It's hilarious.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 1:23 AM
Default npc household?!
ok so i had a big family like 6 children and 3 where already young adults... i had them marry one after the other each one with an NPC one with a pizza delivery girl, the other with the maid and the other with the repairman. the day each one got married a pop-up appeared to move the newlyweds out.. everything normal so far but then i wanted to play with one of those couples i looked and looked in the neighborhood until i found them at last in this house that had as name "npc Household" which was weird cause when the pop-up asked me the household name for the couple it was always the same (their last name) so watever i change my active household to that npc one where the three coupless had moved but when i entered there where a thousand people on the lot literally i could only control 8 people which none was mine.. i had like 2 grim reapers some ghosts and i dunno what else the thing is it was one of my sims bday and she was trying to grow up like for 2 sim hours and then my game crashed (i guess it was because it couldnt handle that many people) but when i reopened the game my sims where gone even though it didnt save but the three couples are MIA and i want to play with them HELP!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:00 AM
This is an ancient thread, I know -lol- But, I just ended up having a sim marry the Witch Doctor from BV, like... yesterday. He moved in, went home with her... the whole nine yards. =) He's actually very sweet, and apparently pretty hot.

His Relationship meters/listings are kinda of hit-or-miss (ie., sometimes all his relationships will show up, sometimes they won't - at all), and he won't show up on anyone else's meters (even his wife's), but he can be made selectable, will end up having Wants, Needs, and an Aspiration, etc. He started out with Family, in mine... which prompted him to propose in the first place, I suppose. Then, after she accepted, he switched to Knowledge. O.o Go figure, I dunno.

I GUESS you can choose him a career, since he does end up wanting to join either the medical, scientific, or law enforcement career tracks. Haven't gotten far enough for him to pick a job yet, though.

Only issue I had with him was that he could go onto her vacation home lot... but he could NOT go through an archway or door. I ended up having to tear out a wall, and make the whole back of the house open air. It ended up really nice, honestly. But, it was annoying -lol- Once they were married, she was able to ask him to move in. He accepted... and was then granted total normal access to all residential lots he's gone on to. Yay! =)

You can change his clothes & hair. But, I've been having trouble with making any (head-/face-related) Glasses or Costume Make-up (such as piercings) stick, and no make-up seems to stay. Any clue how to remedy that?

My biggest question, however? ANY idea HOW to remove that mask?! >.<
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:15 AM
I've added the Social Worker before and everything was fine. Recommended by the damn matchmaker after paying her all the cash she desired so I wooed her and she took the bait and before you know it she was living her life in a new home. The one part that peeved me was not changing her name before I deleted that hood.
Inventor
#42 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:53 AM
Damn, Robi Tang is the carpool driver? That idiot managed to come along with one of my sims after work as a guest and died on the lot. Ever since he always seems to come home with that one sim and is borked on the lot. I get the message he died on another lot, he goes ghost, waves goodbye etc. It annoys me to no end, and I'd like to keep this hood for a while longer, please.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 5:13 PM
Drama professors fall in love with every single Sim they encounter. I found this out by making one selectable at a hobby lot, then watching their Relationship panel. Every encounter--their Daily and Lifetime towards that Sim is automatically 100/100, with Crush and Love.

I bet you *COULD* marry them if you knew how to change some coding, which I don't. I'm not exactly computer illiterate, but don't count on me to create hacks. LOL
Mad Poster
#44 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:15 PM
i know that this is a very late post, but:
are (uni) coaches safe to use?
Forum Resident
#45 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 11:32 PM
A word about college mascots -- they don't KNOW they've moved into the real world. One of my Sims married a mascot and now when I play a university lot, the silly old woman comes over in her llama get up and cheers! It's like she's an aging booster club member..
Scholar
#46 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 1:41 AM
The fact that they continue their shticks after leaving uni is exactly why I want to marry a cow, cheerleader/mascot, or streaker into my game!

NPCs like the Grim Reaper and the Hula Zombies (of which there is actually only one; she's cloned during the send-off) are definitely unsafe to add to families. I've got a playable Grim Reaper and twin Hula Zombies running around my Strangetown, but the Reaper is a modified downloaded sim and the zombies were made in CAS.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:07 AM
So, what's the verdict on chefs? Somebody said nay earlier in the thread, but then somebody said yay... I'd really like to know, since I've had a huge problem finding a mate for Betty Goldstein in RBH, and the modded crystal ball finally found her a rather interesting looking elderly gentleman... they really hit it off, but unfortunately, he's a chef, so I exited without saving and now I'm wondering if I can let poor lonely Betty put her claws on him again, or if that will bork my hood. Betty is getting desperate, she spends her days playing the piano until she drops or wets herself, while her dear friend Catherine gets to do the young boy toy she found.

Oh and out of curiosity, does somebody happen to have any idea why he's dressed differently than the other two chefs (they of course come in threes like all npc:s)? He really is one of the three that cook in community lot restaurants, I actually had one of my sims go to all restaurants and check, but the other two chefs have beige pants, whereas Betty's dude's got the same black and white checkered ones as the cooking hobby lot person (and also otherwise identical clothing, but does not have the hat that the hobby woman has)!? I thought all three in any npc group would have identical clothing... but apparently not.

Funny though, being a chef and all, that he's got 0 cooking hobby enthusiasm, and only 2 cooking skill points (plenty of other skill points though)... no Michelin Guide material then, eh? :P
Site Helper
#48 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
i repeat: what about (uni) coaches?
If someone knows the answer, they will post.
Scholar
#49 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
The fact that they continue their shticks after leaving uni is exactly why I want to marry a cow, cheerleader/mascot, or streaker into my game!
You WANT them to randomly show up at almost every house (families with kids are usually the victims), walking in, never bothering to knock and if you've cut a family off from their neighbours (say by using fences and locked gates) standing looking at the house for sim-hours on end?? You'll get very tired of it VERY quickly, trust me!

Rather you than me... I've been there and it's actually rather creepy! I ended up deliberately killing a former mascot off just so I was rid of him...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Site Helper
#50 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:35 PM
Still, it's not going to destroy your neighborhood, the way that moving in Mrs. Crumplebottom will.
Page 2 of 18