Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Eating & Cooking

by userunknown Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 11:55 AM - Updated 18th Jan 2012 at 6:55 PM by Buzzler : link to updated version added

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:40 PM
First!

This'll be quite helpful, won't it? I appreciate it for when I actually play my simmies (I normally just keep their motives up with cheats...)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:44 PM
Would it be possible to do the opposite, and double the time it takes for them to eat? I hate the fact that in my 8-sim households, by the time person 8 has sat down, persons 1-4 have already finished.

Would be nice with the halved cooking time too if possible, but if they had to be the same, i'd cope with slower on both.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlitchingGecko
Would it be possible to do the opposite, and double the time it takes for them to eat? I hate the fact that in my 8-sim households, by the time person 8 has sat down, persons 1-4 have already finished.

Would be nice with the halved cooking time too if possible, but if they had to be the same, i'd cope with slower on both.

No that's not posible!!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:11 PM
I agree with GlitchingGecko. Sims are meticulous when it comes to cooking but gobble up their meals. Family dinner time is gone .
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Ditto on the above. Cooking takes way too long for them to eat it in 2 seconds flat.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:43 PM
wow this will help a lot! My sims never have time to eat before work. They'll have just finished cooking and be sitting down to eat and oh there's the carpool guess I won't be able to eat.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
It's the dining out aspect that impresses me. The Sims take waaaaaay too long to eat in restaurants. Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:05 PM
I love the cooking time is cut in half.

But I agree with the others...eatting should be slowed way down...even in the resturants...my musician invites several people to eat..by the time they all get in ..she has ate and out

Same with family meals...by the time first takes plate..she is done and out doing whatever by the time the rest of family is gettting their plates

We very much appreciate u, cause we can't fix these little irriatations that will make our game playable and enjoyable...so could u please make one that halves cooking and slows down eatting please ?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Thanks! Sims take a ridiculous amount of time to cook.

I would also like a "faster cooking, slower (or unchanged) eating" version, but this is definitely better than what the game has already.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ganny99
No that's not posible!!

How come?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM Last edited by userunknown : 28th Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM.
Just uploaded a new file.Cut the stirring time for the mixing bowl in half for those who don't have a mixer.

The default is 15 bites per meal,mine is set to 8.Also sped up cooking time on the stoves & the use of the cooking board on every meal.
Eating out takes about 1/2 hour at each place.

Uploaded faster cooking/slower eating file.Eating takes twice as long.Eatout times set back to default.Let me know what you think.

Enjoy.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much for the new upload. x3
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
Thank you so, so, so much! My sim families will greatly appreciate you for bringing back family dinner time again!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:46 AM
Hi there! I love this mod.
I've gone for the speedy version for both options. When Sim1 has finished, I tell them to sit where they are so they still participate in the table conversation (or read) but get social points. If I find that this won't work as I think it should with the mod, then I'll uninstall and get the speed & slow version.
:-)
This is going to work well for my stay at home mum, morning shift dad!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:18 PM
Lots of deeply sincere thanks. I was waiting for that mod since the release of TS3. I've downloaded the faster cooking/slower eating version, because I think the two times are not proportional at all in game and I like people eating at the same time.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:23 PM
Thank you soo much for your faster cooking/slower eating. Now my sims might be able to have a proper family breakfast on mornings, instead of eating an apple while mommy (or daddy) opens the oven for the 4th time if the waffles are properly done...
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
userunknown, have you found the value to change the Brunch eat time?
I have not played the game enough but some values state it is for weekends only...?
I cannot seem to locate it and you are a step ahead of me so i figured i would ask.

Thank you for any help.

<fire>

Home of most of my creations.

Custom Sims 3

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:01 AM
Thanks for the faster cooking/slower eating! I also found it so frustrating that they never ate long enough to have a family meal together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fire~
userunknown, have you found the value to change the Brunch eat time?
I have not played the game enough but some values state it is for weekends only...?
I cannot seem to locate it and you are a step ahead of me so i figured i would ask.

Thank you for any help.

<fire>

PM with link to file sent.No problem
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
Thank you Very much, Got it, and off i go to edit.

<Fire>

Home of most of my creations.

Custom Sims 3

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:09 AM
THANK YOU! I was really getting annoyed when my sims sat down to eat and then three seconds later they were done. Where was the socializing? Where was the getting to know you and catch up on you day? I'm glad someone thought to slow down the eating. That was the first thing I noticed that really got on my nerves.

The intent is more dangerous then the action.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:11 AM
I'm not gonna make any complaints at all like some people dare to! Thank you, this is incredible and so clever. I really appreciate it when talented artisits and modders share their great work for free.

Thanks again
Bjazz
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Thanks for this.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:17 PM
yeh! they do eat a little bit to fast but...

does this affect the rate in which COOKING SKILL increase??

thank you anyway :D

My Chemical Ravenance*
Page 1 of 2