Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default simcompositorcache.package keeps regenerating after I open sims 3... Help appreciated
Hey there!

I've been downloading mods from this site and other custom content, but I noticed a big problem. When I've gone into the sims directory and deleted the simcompositorcache.package so that my replacement eyes (among other things) would work and then I go to the game, it doesn't show up. I've gone out of sims3 during gameplay via alt + tab and checked my root directory and what I find? The simcompositorcache.package that I deleted has reappeared!

Anyone have this problem, and how can I fix it? Information and tips are much loved, thank you
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:39 PM
That file will automatically regenerate, as do all the .cache files. Have you tried deleting the contents of your WorldCaches folder in an attempt to get your eyes to show up? DO NOT delete the file folder, just the contents. Again, they will regenerate.

If the files do not regenerate, then you have a big problem. :P

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:14 PM
I made a copy of my game on my memory stick, so I think I'll still have the files, if something does go wrong.... is deleting the content from the world caches safe? I heard from some people that the game crashes after doing so? And am I supposed to delete the rest of the cache packages in the sims directory too, r just the simscompositor in order for the custom body mods to show up...

Just checked my sims directory, and I dont have a WorldCaches folder (deleted all my sims and lots etc, its just the plain game, is that why I dont have it?)

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been asked...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:16 PM
If you don't have a WorldCaches folder, don't worry about it. Some do, some don't - it seems to be made after you start playing Riverview. Deleting the files from WorldCaches is perfectly safe - it won't cause your game to crash unless something else is wrong. I've done it dozens of times in testing and have never had any problems.

Deleting all the other files with "cache" in the name in the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder is perfectly safe too, and may help (but probably not). SimCompositorCache should be the only one with skin/eye type stuff in it. But it doesn't hurt to delete the others - they just regenerate too - so it's worth a try.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:20 PM
Alrighty, thanks a bunch you two!

I'll be deleting the caches and seeing if anything happens, am I allowed to continue this thread if more problems arise that I can't find information about or should I make a new one?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
If they're related to the original stuff with the caches, then post here. Otherwise, probably best to start a new thread so we can keep individual issues separate.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
Gah, still can't get my custom content to work... I'll be checking the how to install thing just in case I messed something up.. Thanks for the help anyway
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
That is a good idea. It's very possible you put the content in the wrong area or are missing a file.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Custom_Content

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.