Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Interaction: Go Jogging!

by Dramatic-Gamer Posted 10th Jul 2009 at 1:08 AM

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:11 AM
Editing the pie menu usually means its a core mod and is not compatible with other core mods namely the awesome mod. Is that true in your care?

-Awesome Idea though Thanks.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:32 AM
Hi, good idea to implement this. I going to see if any conflicts are caused although I think it may be ok. I presume to load this before any other cores.

Just to let you know there is a spelling mistake. Elders="Ture" should be "True".
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
How long is a couple of seconds and is there any way to change this so that Sims that are more athletic will run for longer?

Great mod btw.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:49 AM
Hmmm...
if you can easily edit the pie menu like this, when sims 3 is more evolved, there could be custom poses, and then the boxes, and then props for movies.......
sorry. :]
Great mod.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM
Is this a core mod, or was it done with simple XML tunings from GameplayData.package? If it's a core mod, you really should warn people in your description because a lotta people run AwesomeMod.
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:23 AM
where do he/she jogs???? and how long
but thanks i download it
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:36 AM
The idea is awesome, reminds me of the Sims 2 option. IndieStoneCompatChecker says it's a tuning mod (=XML) & don't report conflict with the Awesomemod. I tested it with an athletic sim and it was funny: he runs randomly (the sim make a random turn and runs for 100 meters, rinse & repeat) for 20 sim minutes and goes back to his starting point... Unless something blocked him, like a tree or a fence ^^. In this case he simply stops (the action drops) and won't go back to the starting point.
So it's very interesting but it needs a bit of tweaking, like choosing to jog for an hour rather than 20 mn, or like the action not dropping 'cause he bumped into a tree.
Looking forward to see how this mod evolves
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
Great idea. Love it. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:44 AM
lol, my sims just start to run from the house up in the woods, and then across the road, and then back to the house. It's pretty random.

love it anyway.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:55 AM
Oh thanks. =) helps with the want of go jogging. hehe well thank love it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:40 PM
great mod u have , now i won't need to control them anymore!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:12 PM
It looks great. I hope you will program it for them to jog longer and will be watching this progression so I can download it with future tweaks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:36 PM
Thanks every body for supporting and downloading my mods and i hope that i can make it longer , i will try to work on this mod and make it better
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bella3lek4
Thanks every body for supporting and downloading my mods and i hope that i can make it longer , i will try to work on this mod and make it better

Thanks for this! How did you do it?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:47 PM
Clever idea. Thanks. I'll be waiting for future tweaks as well. Maybe you could add another radial branch with an amount of time or something. I have no idea how modding works.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM
Although this is already in the vanilla game... sims that are maxed out in athletic get it. So saying you made it I find wrong. But it's a nice mod either way
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:57 PM
Darim, I think the point of this mod is that you don't have to click a location to tell them where to jog to... you can just tell your sim to 'go jogging' and they'll choose a path themselves.

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
Default Exactly!
Quote: Originally posted by helaene
Darim, I think the point of this mod is that you don't have to click a location to tell them where to jog to... you can just tell your sim to 'go jogging' and they'll choose a path themselves.

Yes Helaene Thats Exactly my point!
Thanks for Helping me in this :D
Scholar
#20 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:45 AM
You know, one thing I miss about sims 2 was that you could have them go jogging together, is there any way to mofify this so they can do "go jogging with....". I'd love my father and son to go jogging together, they've always done everything else together.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
You know, one thing I miss about sims 2 was that you could have them go jogging together, is there any way to mofify this so they can do "go jogging with....". I'd love my father and son to go jogging together, they've always done everything else together.

Well am not a pro at modding but i will Try so hard to make this happen! I love Your Idea
would you add me at your email so we can share ideas!
its [email protected]
and if anyone else want to add me feel free to do it i wont mind thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:06 AM
Hey Every Body i guess i will improve my mods since the new tool get available and i will try my best to give you what you want! thank you for your waiting!
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:28 AM
thanks very much for creating this! just a heads up- after i installed this mod my sims began having route failures between rooms, even when nothing was in their way. i removed the mod and it stopped. i have a LOT of other mods (including Awesome), and Indie Stone's Fugly Mod Compatibility Checker didn't show any conflicts, but i'll do some more testing to see if i can isolate the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:12 PM
well i have the mod and i dont have any problems with it but maybe there is something wrong with your system or something!
but thanks any way
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:44 PM
i think it's probably a conflict, because i have a LOT of mods, but i've had no luck trying to figure out which ones :-/ oh well.
Page 1 of 3