Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Shoo Mod + IndieStone-Friendly Version!

by BailaBaila99 Posted 12th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:30 PM by Srikandi

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
Been trying to find this in the game. I did manage to stop all Jealousy tho.

Thanks a BUNCH!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM
Looks fun, too bad I use AwesomeMod instead of Indy. I've suggested that Pes include it in Awesome's core functionality as an optional feature, so that everyone can enjoy.

Cheers.

--= J
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:59 AM
Don't work with my game. Bummer...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:28 AM
Usefull for small couple homes whit one bathroom. I'm downloading it rigth now, thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
Didn't seem 2 work 4 me either
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
it made my game crash on start......seems like it still needs a little work done XD
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:27 PM
same, my game stopped loading after the intro
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:32 PM
Rubie123
alfalfa140

I found a way to make it work, just download the DLL thingy on the overview page and put it in your mod place
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:33 PM
thanks , cause i wan to make a public bathroom in GYM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:27 PM Last edited by BailaBaila99 : 13th Jul 2009 at 6:57 PM.
Yeah, I think I included that bit in the main text. You've gotta have that DLL. It's necessary for any core mod, such as this, awesome mod, or indy stone. Thanks for downloading, sorry for the intro crash headaches. If it makes you feel any better, I tried to get the awesome mod to work with my game for weeks until I found that out.

EDIT: One more thing. I know for a fact that the Indie-Stone friendly version works perfectly, (with the required DLL of course) but I haven't fully tested the base-game version. If anyone has issues with the base-game version AND they have the needed DLL installed in the correct location, please let me know, contact me by PM, post it here, whatevs, and I will do my best to fix it as soon as possible! I'm a bit busy with electrical engineering classes at the moment, but as soon as I have an hour of free time I'll look at it. If someone can confirm that the base-game version IS working for them, with the DLL installed in the correct location, then it would help me sleep better at night if you could say so here. =) Thanks again, and sorry for the frustration... But yeah, get that DLL!
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
pft who read the first page? XD thx i was waiting for this mod
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:34 AM
so what exactly does the DDL thing do because ive been reading up on it but its alittle confusing mostly i read about game crashes maybe if it was alittle better explained in dummy terms LOL sad part is im serious.

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:43 AM
Erm... yea, i wanted to make baths for the gym... but it doesnt work for me...

but my game didnt crash or anything....

i dont have awesome or indie mod either...

Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rubie123
same, my game stopped loading after the intro

same here, and i already have the dll
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM Last edited by BailaBaila99 : 14th Jul 2009 at 6:33 PM.
Ok, I've checked the mod, it works for me. Here's some steps that will hopefully get it working for you:

1. Make sure that you have the Sims 3 1.27 patch. (As far as I know this is the only patch that's come out so far for the Sims 3). You must have it in order for this mod to work. If you don't, your game will simply crash.

2. Make sure your mod framework, d3dx9_31.DLL, and mod are correctly installed. The d3dx9_31.DLL file should go in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Game\Bin. Also, Resource.cfg and the new "Mods" folder both need to go in your main Sims 3 folder. If you've run any other mods in your game already, odds are you already have this set up correctly. The package file for this mod goes in that Mods folder.

3. New step: DELETE the file "scriptCache.package" from your My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3 folder. Don't worry, you won't do any harm to your game, the file will come back once you start the game again. It just needs to be refreshed, so to speak.

4. If you still experience crashing odds are there's something wrong with your framework and dll. I'm not going to pretend I know everything and am infinitely smarter than you, but I know it took me a long time to figure this part out. If it's not your framework that's the problem, and you are experiencing crashing, let me know, and I will try my best to figure out what the problem is.

5. If your game doesn't crash but the mod doesn't seem to work properly, first, be specific, tell me exactly what's going on. Are the sims just still behaving the same way they always would? Freaking out over privacy issues and such? I'm not entirely sure that Sims behave the same ways on public lots (as opposed to at home) so do me a favor and see if you can get two sims to use the same bathroom at home, first. If nothing works, try exiting the game, removing the base-game mod, and installing the Indie Stone version instead. See if that works... If it DOES, then I will be the first to admit there is something wrong with my base game mod, if it DOESN'T then there is something wrong with your installation.

6. IF ALL ELSE FAILS, you could have a compatibility issue. Be sure you don't have any other core mods. I think the InTeen mod by LostAccount may be a core mod as well (could be wrong, I'm not sure) but, just as an example, some other mods you have might be messing with more than just the XML's as well. Try removing all the other mods from your game and playing with just mine. If it works, you have a compatibility issue, and you'll need to add the other mods back in, using some sort of process to see which of them is the culprit that's affecting the way my mod works. If the game still doesn't work with no other mods, then again, we're back at step 5.

And because someone asked, d3dx9_31.DLL is a file that enables core modding. You must have it for a core mod to work, if you don't, your game will freeze at the intro load screen. It goes in your Game\Bin file, as I said above.

So sorry you're having troubles, but again, give me more detailed feedback. Remember that this mod is still in testing.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
Okay, I already have Indie Stone and don't want to delete their package as I'd like to just be able to overwrite when they make updates, etc. Can I just download the base game version and have it work or must I download the IS version and delete the original IS?

Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:08 AM
Selene, my mod and the indie stone mod are in the SAME FILE, so if they update, you'll have to choose between the update and my mod. The good news is, I'll probably update my mod when they update theirs, to include the new version. AND, in the future, so that I won't have to do this, they're going to include the no privacy as an optional feature in the indie stone mod. This is still pretty far down the line, but it'll be in there, eventually.

The only reason you have to delete the original IS, is because I renamed my file to "IndieStone0.5a_PLUSnoShooMod.package" so obviously it's not going to overwrite the original indie stone package when you put it in your mods directory. The crux of it is, you can't have two of the same mod (or any two core mods) installed at the same time, but you don't have to delete the original. If you want, just take it out, set it aside somewhere safe, and put my mod in its place.

To make a long story short, you're not risking anything by installing my mod and removing theirs. You can always remove mine and put theirs back later. It's just a matter of placing a file in a folder. As of right now, Indie Stone is still at version 0.5a, and that's the one that's included in my mod. So for now, just go ahead and put my package file in the folder, and when they release a new mod, you can wait for me to update mine, or you can switch for the new one and lose your no-privacy logic temporarily.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:30 PM
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

Great work btw!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:01 AM
Hi, I am using Inteen 3.0 by Darkpool

http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373

I think it is a core mod because it does require that .dll file. I love the No Shoo mod because I have a nice vacation home with 2 bathtubs outdoor watching sunset (as one of the many things I am doing). But this obviously crashes the game during load time. If I remove Inteen 3.0 I worry that it may damage some of my teen's relationship.

Is this No shoo hard to do that you can not make it a stand alone non-core file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:35 PM
At the moment it's impossible to make the No Shoo mod a non-core mod. If you check out my tutorial on core modding, it's a bit in-depth, but in a couple hours you ought to be able to mod your Inteen mod to include the no shoo logic. As I mentioned earlier, the tutorial (with specific instructions for doing exactly that) is located here.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:44 PM
Ack, I am too lazy to get into modding. But I will consider, and thanks for your advice. I will look into it. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
It would be great if you could update this to work with the new awesome-compatible indiestonemod (v0.5b). My house has triplets so bathroom sharing for same gender is pretty essential :P.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM Last edited by Lorea : 26th Jul 2009 at 5:07 PM.
It's great!
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:17 AM
hmm, looks like the new update made this stop working for me. >.< boo!
Page 1 of 3