Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#26 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:40 PM
Yes, you just open the file with CTU and do the same thing.

If you get an error, it's probably a screwed up TSRW file which can only be opened with TSRW - or, in that case, you can try doing it with S3PE.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:25 PM
Hi,
I downloaded the Oktoberfest-Stuff from the Store and now I'm quite annoyed, not to be able to use this for "Evening dress" :-(
But I can't use CTU, whenever I start i get a Popup, it doesn't work, windows is closing. I suppose it's because of me using Windows 7 and it's not mentioned as supported...
I as well tried the cheat someone above mentioned (disableclothingfilters on), but sims 3 didn't recognize it as a correct cheat (and i only find it for sims medieval in the internet).
Could someone help me by telling me the correct cheat or maybe even change my dresses to evenning dresses?
Greetings, Schogette
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#28 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:41 PM
CTU works on Windows 7, but Store stuff is in a weird format which CTU (and other tools) often have trouble with. If it doesn't work with CTU, try using S3PE or TSRW.

The Dresser mod also allows you to disable clothing filters in its settings, if your prefer.

Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:44 PM
The problem is not the package itself, i can'T even open CTU. Redownloaded and installed it several times. But will try it one more time if you say it'S compatible. Or try the mod (although i don't like mods :-( )
Thanks for the answer!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:12 PM
It is compatible - and what you're trying to do is make a mod.

Make sure you've got the right version of .NET framework and that you've downloaded the second file on the CTU thread (all the instructions regarding that are on the CTU thread, but sometimes people miss them ), and try putting the CTU folder on your desktop instead of in Program Files.

Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:54 PM
HAH, taking it from program files to documents helped, but now i can't find the dress (actually I can't find ANY dress than careerdresses) among the meshes. I just found out, that master controller might help me when using the "stylist", so i will try and hope :-) Thank you guy
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 3:48 AM
It says that the creator of "Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool (CTU)" hasn't logged in in a while.
Is it still good to use and is this tutorial still good to follow (besides the helper monkey part)?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#33 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:49 AM
Open the CC file in CTU, go to the Part Category tab, then follow the instructions.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:13 AM Last edited by random.person : 14th Feb 2012 at 11:37 AM.
I take it that means it still works?

Edit: I just saw in the comments that it still works. I should have checked there before, sorry. Thanks for the reply
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:47 PM
This actually works, but when I make both, tm TOPNUDE and tm TOPNUDE_athletic, available in Everyday and Formal category the muscle definition slider from Late Night does not work. I tested them both seperately. On YA and A the slider works, even when using this method. But for teens it does not. Even though those two are in CAS from the base game itself. I'm unsure if there can be any help on this. The only mod I have is the fix for the Late Night muscle defenition slider by Whiterider. I also have the Sixpack Script-Mod by Consort. May anyone help to fix this tiny problem?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 11:20 PM
It's possible that tmtop was one of those which required me to override the CASP to fix the muscle slider, in which case cloning the original will indeed give you a broken clone. The easiest solution is to clone anther skintight tm top for which the muscle slider does work, extract the multiplier (base) texture from the tmtopnude, and import that texture into your new clone.

Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 7:51 AM Last edited by ricky15gamer : 20th Jun 2012 at 7:05 AM. Reason: I fixed it.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It's possible that tmtop was one of those which required me to override the CASP to fix the muscle slider, in which case cloning the original will indeed give you a broken clone. The easiest solution is to clone anther skintight tm top for which the muscle slider does work, extract the multiplier (base) texture from the tmtopnude, and import that texture into your new clone.

Ok, I just need to add the new textures to a clone CAS top. But I'm new to modding The Sims 3(I did some modding with The Sims 2, though). If you mean by cloning a skintight top that works with the slider, a good example is to clone the top like tmTopShirtMuscle. Then I just convert it into a package or just do the next step and wait to add the multipliers? Which I just need to extract the texture from tmTOP, which I did extracted in to a folder. But how do you add the multipliers on to the clone version of a CAS top? SimsPE or Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool? I'm capable of learning and it'll be much appreciated if you can show this procedure step by step. Oh, thanks for replying also.

Edit: I actually found the way to add it. The only problem I'm still having is a CAS top that doesn't involve the top to be bigger at the bottom, which shows a gap between the waist to the start edge of a CAS bottom. I'm still am looking which top is compatible, though.

Edit2: I did it! I had trouble with which CAS top I should used, which I used the singed top, and how to make it only top and not the whole body. (it was wierd! Clothing or no clothing everything had sims' skin texture all over!) I also picked randomly of some 1-2 DDS files, which I wanted to replace the mask overlay of the singed top. The muscle slider is working now for teens with it. Thanks, Whiterider for the references.
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th May 2013 at 6:05 AM
Default How do I open up CTU?
How do I open up CTU?
Instructor
#39 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:30 PM
This is all nice and dandy, but how is this done now that Sims 3 Seasons has been released? I've seen a handful of coats and jackets I desire in Outerwear...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#40 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:00 PM
Use S3PE instead: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=19.0

• Open the package in S3PE by double-clicking it or by running S3PE and using File/Open. Make sure "Display: [] Names [] Tags" are both checked in the bottom of the S3PE window.
  • Find the CASP resource and highlight it.

• Click the Grid button. You'll get a Data Grid window.
  • Expand the Clothing Category by clicking the little arrow next to it.
  • Highlight any category you want to change. Set it to True to enable, and False to disable.

• Click Commit, save the package, and you're done.

If you want to recategorize EP/SP game clothing, you can't clone it with CTU. Use s3oc: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=20.0

• In the Cloning menu, click CAS Part.
  • Find the item you want to recategorize and click the "Clone or Fix" button.

• In the clone options, UNCHECK "Renumber/Rename Internally" unless you want to make a non-default replacement.
  • Click the Start button. It will make a package you can then open with s3pe.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:27 AM
i clicked -TS3 Install Helper Monkey: link & page said I was trying to edit someones post. what?! I was trying to check out helper monkey... why whould I want to edit an outdated post? lol all I'm trying to do is add shoes to swimwear.

But hey you guys are cool & many thanks for all your helps & downloads! :D
Page 2 of 2