Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Non-Default Lara Croft BodyShape Mesh

by RoguePilot Posted 21st Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:19 PM by RoguePilot : Tutorial link added

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:37 AM
Just because I am confused to be sure: Only by wearing this full body outfit at all times will retain the sim's shape to be the lara croft shape? Amazing work at making it non-default!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:41 AM
Woah, props to you for being the first (that I am aware of) creator to create a body mesh.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:43 AM
Good job! I was sort mad that they made the breastes so small in the sims 3,
happy you made this.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:52 AM
awesome! just loved it!
but i would like if this shape was the default!!
is there any way to do that? :/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:56 AM
Wohoooo!! another first from RoguePilot!! What can I say your a modding God!! I love this.... thank you, thank you, thank you!

And btw.... I'm a Lara Croft fan too! got all TR games right up to underworld. cool!

I'm looking forward to your next opus maximus RoguePilot!

p.s. I'm going to try this once I can figure out how to solve this error code 12 I keep getting!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skygirl22
Just because I am confused to be sure: Only by wearing this full body outfit at all times will retain the sim's shape to be the lara croft shape? Amazing work at making it non-default!

Correct.

Unfortunately we cant set up a bodyshape as a skin in Sims 3, but I will be producing more meshes based on the same shape.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:15 AM
RoguePilot, so we can basically edit the recolor of the outfit in CTU to make new outfits for this, right? If so, I might just have to give it a go. Maybe we can get a whole line of clothes just for that bod. I'm definitely pleased that I can have my sims have a more feminine form.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:32 AM
incredible!!!

Does it means that from now on we'll be able to create lot of new clothing meshes for the sims 3?

Because I'm very bored the clothes in game, I like the store clothing but it is forbidden to share any recolour of them.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:45 AM
So the sim would have to live in a swimsuit all the time then? Can this be applied to a sim in game through CAS or just on new sims. I'm also confused. It would have been good if this was a default replacement on nude so that you could dress the sim in normal clothing.

I wish we had the ability to add several skins to the game that don't involve them running around in their knickers, lol.

Good job on this, it's a great start

KANNO, haven't you noticed all the new clothing in the downloads section?
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:57 AM
Now we need a hack to dress people in nude mode.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:35 PM
FINALLY! Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:49 PM
I'm guessing putting it in the accessories section doesn't work?

It'd be the perfect place to use it as the stuff in there can be layer'd, still it's a great mesh! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:52 PM
Im happy now that you mmade this my simys wont be almost flat chested .... -.- curse EA for that!but anyway thanks <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustified838
I'm guessing putting it in the accessories section doesn't work?

It'd be the perfect place to use it as the stuff in there can be layer'd, still it's a great mesh! :D

Interesting idea?

Maybe I just need to set the texture category. But it would not match the shape of an original mesh.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
So the sim would have to live in a swimsuit all the time then? Can this be applied to a sim in game through CAS or just on new sims. I'm also confused. It would have been good if this was a default replacement on nude so that you could dress the sim in normal clothing.

I wish we had the ability to add several skins to the game that don't involve them running around in their knickers, lol.

Good job on this, it's a great start

KANNO, haven't you noticed all the new clothing in the downloads section?

I have enabled it in all categories to demonstrate that the MESH is available for anything.

A default nude mesh would not change anything except showering and bathing. Any clothing item always uses it's own Mesh

See my upcoming tutorial on how to set a texture to use this mesh.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanno
incredible!!!

Does it means that from now on we'll be able to create lot of new clothing meshes for the sims 3?

Because I'm very bored the clothes in game, I like the store clothing but it is forbidden to share any recolour of them.

Kanno, your skinny jeans would look great on this mesh, just remember to add a top as well.

I will be doing a split top and bottom as the next in the mesh series.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:36 PM
Random comment.
Voila in french.. while used as slang/colloquially to mean "Ta-da!" is actually more literally translated as "This thing here!" Voici means "That thing over there". The Japanese do the same thing by saying Sore and Kore.

So you might say "Oh.. you want to see the world's most wonderful pastry? Voila *Here* You need look no further!"

.... was that totally inappropriate of me to say?

Also, good job First mesh.. you have opened a can of delicious worms ^^ Hooray!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KateZ
Random comment.
Voila in french.. while used as slang/colloquially to mean "Ta-da!" is actually more literally translated as "This thing here!" Voici means "That thing over there". The Japanese do the same thing by saying Sore and Kore.

So you might say "Oh.. you want to see the world's most wonderful pastry? Voila *Here* You need look no further!"

.... was that totally inappropriate of me to say?

Also, good job First mesh.. you have opened a can of delicious worms ^^ Hooray!

Thanks, I think that applies here.

Inventor
#20 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 2:59 PM
Excellent work, would look lovely with some of the fitting capri style pants applied. I will have to create something to use in my game now just to be able to play around with and enjoy the new bodyshape.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:06 PM
Applauds! This is great, i can't wait to see this in game. thank you very much,i love it ;-0

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:11 PM
I just had a brain wave!!!! so some body else modified the breast shape of the default body mesh a while back, if you and him/her worked together you could apply your mod to his and give us the new default body correct? I am just shooting ideas out there for anyone smart enough to try them.

Thanks a lot for this though!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:17 PM
*choir music in background* I so love this site. There is always something here to make me smile. Your work is wonderful, thank you. Will definitely be watching for the future meshes you mentioned. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:17 PM
Looks really good in game! The only thing is with sims on the thinner side look very thin with it, but other then that i absolutely love it, thanks a bunch.
Scholar
#25 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:48 PM
Thank you so much for non default-able BodyShapes I thought it wasn't possible to do this. hopefully we can see more Voluptuous and Rio shape meshes like the legendary warlokks meshes
Page 1 of 5