Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

First impressions - Recolours for Sims Store baby items

by Gwenke33 Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 10:42 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2012 at 3:07 PM by Gwenke33

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:00 PM
Thanks so much for these! I've wanted new colours for a while!

Actually, this is the first RC of store content that i've seen on MTS.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:48 PM
do we need the originals for the mesh or did you include in the file?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:54 AM
You need to buy/get the mesh. Uploading Store content is against MTS policy.

Quote: Originally posted by delariean
do we need the originals for the mesh or did you include in the file?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:56 AM
Hmm. A reason to actually buy something from the store. That's a first, as much as I do like some of the hairstyles and outfits.

Gingerxyz - I've seen some recolor's of both store hairs and store outfits, though never an item before.

delariean - Obviously Gwenke33 will have to be the one to actually answer this question, but I believe it is against the (EA) rules to include the mesh for anything they sell, including stuff from the store. If I am wrong and this does include the meshes I will download at once, because that will save me the time and money.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:32 AM Last edited by kimi : 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:52 PM. Reason: I understood
Sadly EA Store is only for US or Canadian citiciens, I'm German, so I can't get anything from them and...

isn't it against MTS rules to upload recolors of pay content? Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I'm really sad that I don't have a chance to get these items and I'm afraid I'm not the only one...

Edit:
Okay, I understood it, im sorry for the confusion.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 5:28 AM
I have to say that without your recolors I wouldn't have notice EA had put a shiney brand new item on the store. Most of it is from games I already own.

Now on to the better stuff these recolors are awesome, and I can't wait to put this in my game, especially since a new family I made is expecting a bundle. Alright so it just happened and I'll have to wait approximately 3 sim days. But yay, my babies will be able to have fun too.
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 5:55 AM
Wow, EA has finally caught up to Rebecah! Thanks for the recolors. If I obtain these items, the brights will look nice.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:14 AM
Store items are "official" pay items (just like an item in an EP - those are sort of pay as well, aren't they?). MTS rules allow recolours for Store items, and they are not that hard to come by, either.

Quote: Originally posted by kimi
Sadly EA Store is only for US or Canadian citiciens, I'm German, so I can't get anything from them and...

isn't it against MTS rules to upload recolors of pay content? Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I'm really sad that I don't have a chance to get these items and I'm afraid I'm not the only one...
Banned
#10 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:02 AM
How do you recolor store items?
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimi

You're right, it is against site rules. I really liked the look of these and I'm sad as well that we can't get them.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 4:27 PM
Thanks a million for these recolours! & for those who are saying they can't get the items... just google! The store isn't the only place you can download these items.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 5:39 PM
Recolouring:
I only recoloured these two, but the process was exactly the same as with any CC object. The only thing I could not do is make default replaceent colours for the Danglemonster.

To everyone who cannot purchase the items: don't give up. Google.

As to what is and is not against MTS rules, you may want to check out the Creator Guidelines yourself.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:33 PM
Can I ask what to Google? :3

I didn't slap you. I high-fived you in the face...
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:04 PM
That´s what I´m wondering too cause I couldn´t find anything
Banned
#16 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
Recolouring:
I only recoloured these two, but the process was exactly the same as with any CC object. The only thing I could not do is make default replaceent colours for the Danglemonster.

To everyone who cannot purchase the items: don't give up. Google.

As to what is and is not against MTS rules, you may want to check out the Creator Guidelines yourself.

Oh I see, I don't actually have any store objects only hair and clothes. I thought you couldn't recolor anything from the store though, because there is no store bodyshop. Guess I just assumed that goes for objects.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:16 AM
Aww... very cute!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:36 PM
rhedbuddha You're my savior thanks for giving us the link to find the mesh.You're adorable !
And also thank you Gwenke for realizing new pretty colors.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims2
rhedbuddha You're my savior thanks for giving us the link to find the mesh.You're adorable !
And also thank you Gwenke for realizing new pretty colors.

Awe, you're welcome!

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Marie Henri Beyle (1783-1842)
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 6:50 AM
Lovely recolour. Thank you so much.
And rhedbuddha Thank, thank, thank you!
Brasilian kisses.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 11:56 AM
Thanks a lot for these recolour Gwenke33!! And lot of kisses from France for Rhedbuddha for giving us the link!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:00 PM
Gwenke33....pretty,pretty,pretty....(especially love the purple recol!) a special bunch of kudos to you from those of us who find S3 too hideous to indulge, and crave new anime for our S2 games....ahhh,yes,yes,yes.... and many blessings to rhedbuddah for lighting the path!!!
LOL, almost makes me want to have kids!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:37 PM
Obtaining Store items by any means other than by buying them from the Store is piracy. These are not normal pay items - they should be considered the same as any EP item. Piracy, and the discussion thereof, is against site rules.

Anyone who requests, supplies or discusses methods of obtaining Store items illicitly will be warned and their posts will be deleted.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#24 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:44 PM
Additionally, it's not "against site rules" to upload recolours of Sims 2 store objects.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 5:54 AM
When I saw this, I was all "cuuuuuuuute!" I look forward to checking your recolors out in-game!
Page 1 of 4