Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Main Street Mobile Houses - remake of Maxis lot

by Amairani Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 4:06 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:14 PM
Thnak you so much for this. I knew the EAxis lot was crashing my game, but I thought it was somethig *I* was doing wrong. I should have known better.

Anyway, great looking fix. Thank you.

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChibyMethos
Thnak you so much for this. I knew the EAxis lot was crashing my game, but I thought it was somethig *I* was doing wrong. I should have known better.

Anyway, great looking fix. Thank you.

Same here! I moved in the Broke family and the lot kept crashing; I even reinstalled my whole game and the error kept happening. Glad to know it's not me, and thanks for making this nifty replacement!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:40 PM
You're welcome, dear Simmers, I'm glad you liked it
#5 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 4:47 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 7:40 PM
Yeah, that Maxis lot is totally buggy! Took me a lot of trial and errors to figure out it was the lots fault, not mine.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:54 AM
This is really nice and so well done I wanted to leave a comment, wish I could download but I do not have Apartment Ep. But it is all so nice.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:19 PM
This is perfect, thank you so much! I wanted this lot for a story but I couldn't even play it for 5 minutes without the whole game crashing. I'm so so happy to see that it's not me or my game, and with this awesome lot I can finally play the way I wanted to! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:08 AM
Good idea; I have made a trailer park before but it was too cramped and it was residential. (Didn't have AL; not even sure if it was out when I made it for personal use!) Thanks.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:05 AM
Cool. I've had the same crash problem with my Maxis-made trailer park. Had a "twister" come along and demolished it I recreated my own almost the same as the game original to use with my Sims. I'll be adding yours to the neighborhood now
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:35 PM
Isn't the Peterson family (or something like that) living in that lot already in Belladona Cove? Does it means that family (actually, one sim woman) will be bugged no matter what I do? I'm so sick of bugs; first it was the Ottomas twins father, then the permanent pet pregnancy controllers (which fix doesn't work in my game), and now this! These were too much brackets. Thanks for making a remake.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 3:02 AM
I wasn't aware that this lot was so problematic. My only issues thus far is one lawn gnome that Sims constantly want to steal but spazz out because they can't reach it, and dogs coming and tearing up the flowerbeds. However, I think now I'm going to take precaution and move out all my trailer park Sims, bulldoze the lots, and replace them with this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:41 PM
I love the trailer park for my trashy Sims, but I hate that it always bugs up my game. Therefore, this is very useful. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:47 AM
Hello there! Just wanted to drop in and say that I never played the original lot but I am so glad I found this replacement! It is exactly what I was looking for.. especially because now I don't have to go and build my own!
Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thanks, I was having serious trouble with the Maxis lot causing crashes when placed in Strangetown. And Strangetown really needs some mobile homes, doesn't it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 12:13 PM
Thanks You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:13 PM
I use these apartments all the time for my starters, quite literally. Thank you for this <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 5:54 PM
Thanks, this lot is perfect for the Brooke family, as they can't afford to live in their current house!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for this. Not to be a critic but the interiors aren't exactly like the original. One of them had the purple paint like Dustin's room at the Broke house. I think its cuz the devs wanted Dustin to move in to that one. Since it says "Main Street" Mobile Homes, I assume the lot is supposed to go on Main Street in Pleasantview. But I'll re paint them to be like the original. ^_^
Did any one figure out why the original lot crashes? o.o
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esouths
Thanks for this. Not to be a critic but the interiors aren't exactly like the original. One of them had the purple paint like Dustin's room at the Broke house. I think its cuz the devs wanted Dustin to move in to that one. Since it says "Main Street" Mobile Homes, I assume the lot is supposed to go on Main Street in Pleasantview. But I'll re paint them to be like the original. ^_^
Did any one figure out why the original lot crashes? o.o

It's called "Main Street Mobile Homes" because it's a remake of a lot placed in Belladona Cove, the Apartment Life neighborhood. There, the lot is in the Main Street. For Pleasantview, this lot suits more the Broke household area.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Airazor65 : 20th Sep 2022 at 10:49 PM.
Quick! Does anybody know the lot catalog number of the original? Because if you renamed the file of the remake to it, you could replace it so your next copy would be clean!
Edit: I found it in SimPE, it's lot 44! Although, I realize that somebody is living there. So... This may be more difficult than I thought. Heck.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 12:28 PM
thanks so much I had this problem for years wondering why its not working on the original lot by maxis! I love this lot from you! Finally I can play my trailer adventures! ♥THANK YOU