Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 12:53 AM
Default What is your favorite/least favorite Sim age?
Just what sim ages you like/don't like. Simple, no?

Obviously Imma make my opinion difficult.

Obviously I like the infant/baby stage. It's just easy. All they do is eat, sleep, and crap. So easy, in fact, that they are easy to forget.

I HATE toddlers. I really do. They are just so damn difficult to increase motives, control, and toddler skill up. Methinks the only real good things that toddlers have going for them is the easy relationship points they bring, and the fact you get to actually see their genetics at work. The worst part for me is potty training. Oh, how I hate potty training. Walking, talking, and nursery rhyme I can do easily. But potty training. I hate it so badly, I often cheat to teach them.

Child stage. It has its benefits. I honestly think this stage is the easiest to get Social Worker'd on, sadly. The child stage is the best thing ever to me when toddler stage is over.

Teen is probably my favorite stage. I dunno why, I guess it's just all the interactions and fun things they do.

Young Adult/Adult. Not much to say here.

Elder. I don't play elder that much, so I don't have much to say about it. I mostly just like it because grandparents are awesome, and elder-on-elder WooHoo is hilarious to me.

So, summary:

Baby: Okay
Toddler:
Child: Meh.
Teen: Awesome.
YA/Adult:
Elder: Meh.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 1:22 AM
Hmm...
Baby: Babies are probably my least favorite. Sure, they don't have too many needs, but they can't do anything. Also, it is really annoying when the baby is in the crib, and a random sim (or a not so random sim, for that matter) come, pick it up, and put it on the floor, then leave.
Toddler: Toddlers... I like them better than babies, because once they're potty trained, at least they can go to the bathroom on their own. But, other than that, they cant do much on their own.
Child: When a sim gets to the child stage, it's usually a huge relief to me. But, I usually play single parents, and it annoys me that someone has to watch them. I mean, they can pretty much take care of themselves, why can't they be home alone for a few hours while mom is at work?
Teen: I love the teen stage. First off, they can do alot more things, compared to the younger stages. Also, I am a teenager, so I like that I can dress them similar to how I dress in real life. I guess you can do that to adults, too, but most of the clothes I wear would look rather odd on an adult.
Adult/Young Adult: Adults and young adults... Yeah... I like them because they can use most of the interactions with people and objects... Not too much more to say.
Elder: I think I've played elders 2 times, 3 at the most... So I'm not really sure what to put... They're okay, I guess.

And thats about it :P
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 2:30 AM
I like toddler, but just because they look so cute. ^^

Music has made me who I am. Thank you Katy Perry. <3
Banned
#4 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:38 AM
Love teens.
HATE toddlers with a PASSION.
Especially if you have a set of twins or something.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:51 AM
Favorite: toddler. They're four Sim days of guaranteed cute.
Least favorite: elder. I just can't stand the harsh elder voices.

All stages ranked in order of favorite to least:
Toddler
Adult
Teen
Baby
Child
Young Adult
Elder
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 11:28 AM
Favourite to least:

Adult
Child
Toddler
Teen
Baby
Young Adult
Elder

Elders, in my game, tend to be extensions of adults: having hacks which allows them to sleep until 6AM and let them get adult jobs saves my sanity. Teens are so-so, although they're only teens for seven days in my game anyway (and I like seeing how sim genetics plays out, so by the time they're teen I want them to be adults and start giving me more kids :P). Adults can do most things in the game, and when I get an adult I know babies are soon coming :P

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:11 PM
The baby stage annoys me cos of the teen and adult sims not leaving them alone, constantly wanting to pick them up and not do anything else, love the toddlers cos they're damn cute, and it's not really that hard to teach them the stuff. Children then annoy me again though...cos all the kids in my game seem intent on grabbing a teen or adult and dancing round on their feet for ages...either that or bouncing on their bed and getting too hot when I think they're still asleep!

All other stages are fine, cos obviously they can do a huge amount more!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
Favourite to least:
Elders, in my game, tend to be extensions of adults: having hacks which allows them to sleep until 6AM and let them get adult jobs saves my sanity. Teens are so-so, although they're only teens for seven days in my game anyway (and I like seeing how sim genetics plays out, so by the time they're teen I want them to be adults and start giving me more kids :P). Adults can do most things in the game, and when I get an adult I know babies are soon coming :P

Why are teens only teens for seven days? Part of the problem I have is that the teen years are too darn long. They are fun at first, then they get boring. Same with elders - they shouldn't last too long.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamanthaSSJ
Why are teens only teens for seven days? Part of the problem I have is that the teen years are too darn long. They are fun at first, then they get boring. Same with elders - they shouldn't last too long.

I use the Age Group Tweak hack from Simlogical -- I sheared off a day each for babies and toddlers, eight days from teens, and added six days to the adult lifespan. InTeen did require some fiddling around (I wanted the college admissions flavor pack, yet all teens became 'adult' as soon as they turned teen).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 6:53 PM
I've done the same tweak as katya_stevens. I, too, shaved 8 days off the teen stage because teens are my least favorite. I've got real life teenagers; I don't need 'em in my game for 15 days. Really, no one is a teen for half as long as they're an adult, so...I shaved away. I also shaved time off of the elders. Mine are usually platinum, so they used to hang around FOREVER, were in a few cases elder just as long as they had been an adult, and it drove me NUTS. Now, they hang around for a week or 10 days or so. Much better. So, my adults now have 46 days, since I gave them the time I subtracted from the teens and elders. Which kind of meshes well if you think of days as RL years. (Except that babies aren't babies for three years nor are toddlers toddlers for four years, but...Well, whatever.)

ANYWAY, my list from favorite to least favorite:

Adult/Young Adult: These two are basically the same to me. I just wish the YAs didn't have the annoying teen voices. :p

Child/Baby: Babies are so easy that it's difficult to have a real opinion about them, but because they are easy I tend to like them. Toddlers are work, but babies...stick 'em in a crib, give 'em a bottle once a day, and change their diaper. I wish real babies were that easy! And I like kids a lot. I don't know why, really. Just do.

Toddler: They're cute but so demanding that, when they're around, their parents can't have a life unless you totally neglect them, lock them in a room with a mat they can sleep on, and toss in a bottle once a day. (I confess that I have done this from time-to-time, when I didn't feel like dealing with them.) In that way, it sort of mirrors real life well. But it's still annoying.

Elder: I like 'em well enough, although I'm not fond of their voices, but without tweaks they hang around too long. If they aged platinum, the elder stage is almost as long as adulthood. That's...kinda freaky. Hence, I tweak.

Teen: Ugh. Their voices -- the females, especially -- annoy the heck outta me. And, like the elders, the stage is entirely too long. Hence, again, I get out the pruning shears. The alternative is to make them independent teens and move them out, but I prefer to just have them age up at a logical time because I still want to have them around and play them when they grow up. I just don't think the growing up should take so darn long. :p

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 8:31 PM
My list:

Adults
Young Adults
Teens
Child
Elder
Toddler
Infants

I admit to cutting a day or two from the last two categories.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM
I find teens to be fairly boring :/ the phase is just waay too long. I like toddlers though! I don't find them to be too overwhelming since one of the parents is always home with all those vacation days.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:12 PM
Todlers Those Monsters PUKEs every day if too much play with them :D

Childs, hmmm its very helpful, if i wanna get dirty dishes he faster get out of my sims face :D

Teens, i like it there very many reasons for example Sakura + naruto = True love :D, yetersday ive download hack who gives adult opctions to teens like Woohoo :D, its kinda werid if Teen Girl goes to date with Adult :D.

Young Adult, if you are boring with Adults try this , i RECOMMAND Complate University.

Adult, very popular age type, i always chose to make new family.

Elders, ok i give him respeckt (RIP Grandpa and Gradma) but dont have nothing special, (Maybe someday Try Date one Elder with Teen :D)
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:23 PM
Here is my list:

Toddler
Adults
Teens
Babys
YAs
Elder
Children

I have a question about the tweaking of age groups.
I had a hack for that (not the one from Simlogical) but the EA feature to age up some townies with your sim (can't remember which EP) didn't work with that hack.
Does it work with the Simlogical one?
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:36 PM
I've had no issues, arathea. That feature came with FreeTime, and that's the latest EP I have. I always get the "Sims to age up" box thingy and it works fine.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thanks, I'll try this hack. :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:39 AM
Hm, my favorite sim ages would have to be Teen, Young Adult, And Adult. Theres just endless amounts of thing they can do rather the todlers and babies (then again I don't expect much from those age groups XP). Elders? Hm, I really have no opinion on the Elder age of a sim. I'm basicly neutral on them. :P

The Moon and the Stars
In the sky the Nightly Rainbow
In the darkness they light my way
They light...
The Moon and the Stars
In the sky the Nightly Rainbow
In the darkness they light my way
They light my fate...

~Seventh Seal
Scholar
#18 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:17 AM
I don't like any of the "kid" ages from infant to child. My favorite age is adult.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 2:06 AM
adult ( but always pretend they are teens) i dont like the teen sims because there is this weird glitch that makes the hair see through when near the body
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:33 AM
Wow. Didn't expect as much replies.

Supaclova, twin toddlers are HORRIBLE. I hate the constant following of older people. Especially when they are doing something important.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 8:48 AM
I love toddlers but maybe that's because I have all sorts of hacks to prevent those annoying things, like following the parent, ask to be read to and ask for attention (all those hacks can be found at Insimenator.org). I love to listen those little sounds that toddlers make Also smart milk is a MUST, I never teach toddlers without it. I used to hate the child-stage, not sure why. But nowdays I like kids quite alot. I think that FT and AL brought so many new things for kids to do, that it makes playing more interesting. Earlier I didn't care much for teens either, but now I can handle them. In my game they spend almost all their time building their skills for UNI or going to work after school. For some reason young adults are quite boring to me, and elders are the least favourite of all. But really, all those hacks that I have make the game much more enjoyable! I remember that I was SO annoyed with all those little things in the game before I found the wonders of hacks :D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 11:18 AM
Until very recently, I've always played only adults (IRL I'm not a fan of kids, especially babies, and the elders ingame are horrible), but now I've discovered that I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE teens, and the children are also great. :lovestruc I really hate the toddlers (ugly, annoying and wannabe-cute), and the babies are as useless and boring as RL ones.
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:06 PM
Normally I hate children, toddlers, babies, etc. But in the Sims 2, those are my favorite life stages. ^_^

I also like teens
Adults are just..meh...take 'em or leave 'em.

Elders aren't my least favorite, but since I'm obsessed with keeping everyone platinum at all times, my elders are usually around for days and days and days, and just generally driving me crazy. Even though I have hacks to make them less...lame...they're still pretty boring most days. :/
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:18 PM
My list:

1. Teens
2. Children
3. Babies
4. Toddlers
5. YA/Adults
6. Elders

When my sims grow into elder I stop playing them because its really boring. -_-

Oh, and I've never had any of my sims taken away by a social worker! =D
....Just thought I would share that with you....
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:18 PM
teens is the best (Y)..x

Then Child Coz Youu Go Intoo Teens Soon...xx

Then Adult coz youve just got out of teens

I HATE ELDERLY.. THEY DIE TO EASY

[color=green]Neon-Loving Chick In Tha House[/color] [color=pink]Gotta problem with me? Press f5 and watch me disappear[/color]
Page 1 of 10