Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Converted town house - now uni/snn version available

by smmi73 Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 7:12 PM - Updated 14th Nov 2009 at 2:33 PM by smmi73

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:41 PM
Wow! The interior shots need to be seen to fully appreciate this amazing house. The outside is quite nice on its own, then the interior takes it up several notches. The tv/library room over the kitchen is pure win. Glassed in basement, ditto. I like lots of natural light in a house. The empty second story could be useful for those who like to expand homes for the grandkids. I usually do that, rather than move. I usually build a "granny house" in the back, but here, I can just move folks upstairs. Or the attic can be used to store all those aspiration and career reward items that take up SO much space! Really, the medical station and counterfeiting machine could have entire rooms built just for them. Nice of you to point out the greenhouse roof issue, not that it would bother me much. All creators should be that honest.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:58 PM
Aww, thanks Cat :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 8:07 PM
Fabulous! I love it!!!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 11:53 PM
That is the greatest house ive seen on here! Fantastic job!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 12:00 AM
Perfect house! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 12:04 AM
very nice house! I also like the front design.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 5:49 AM
Wow!!
Every picture I scroll down to I'm going "Wow!!"
I quite simply adore everything about this.
thank you for all your hard work.

*runs off to switch game on*
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 7:15 AM
Amazing and absolutely fantastic ! I love it, love it, love it ! Thanks a ton for sharing Smmi
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 8:25 AM
Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm glad you like the house It's one of my personal favourites, too.

Instructor
#11 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 9:26 AM
I love this house! It's so quirky and different XD It should be on that TV program "Grand Designs". My new legacy founder is still in Uni at the moment but he will defo be moving into this house. *favourited* Thank you for sharing this :-)

^_^
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 1:02 PM
This is really great, I love it. Thanks!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 1:06 PM
Whaou! That's really cool!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 3:06 PM
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 5:16 PM
Hi! This is a very nice house!
I have one question: the windows not included are those main windows? From the whole bohemian set, which ones are really needed?
Thank you
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
I became so intrigued when I saw this house that I had to come and take a look. I'm glad I did because I fell in love with it. x] I've been searching for a house that is pretty simple, but isn't obvious. I love how each space can be utilized for any need plus it's easy to expand rooms unlike some houses I've had where I've had to completely reconstruct at least half of the house in order to make room for the little ones. You did a great job. :] <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 7:59 PM Last edited by smmi73 : 6th Nov 2009 at 8:22 PM.
aw, you're all so nice about this house. Thank you :D

modernarch, sorry for not being more precise. I need to check ingame to make sure which of fways files I used. EDIT: these are the files I used: Single tile old world window, two tile old world small window, and the single old world doorway. If you're loathe of the cc, you can always install the house without those files and try to find some Maxis replacement windows. I did try with the Safe-T arch and Bellhoven windows (from OFB) first, but they did not feel right to me. But when it's a matter of minimising cc it's a different case ...

materiamad, I'm glad you fell for the houseand that it serves your needs. I felt really stupid including a fully empty floor, but judging from the reactions that's maybe not a bad idea ...

#18 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 8:39 PM
I like the empty floor, too! Room for expansion on-site, without having to ruin the house to do it. Also room to put the stuff my Sims buy on their own at other Sims` OfB stores. Fully-furnished places make that difficult. Plus, when my Sims move out, they take their stuff with `em, so they usually move in with a lot of bagage in tow already. ::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Alchemist
#19 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 2:36 PM
An interesting and fun environment to play in!
Alchemist
#20 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 3:18 PM
Really nice job, very creative design I guess you enjoyed like a mad the building phase Thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 5:17 PM
lammaforever, yes, it was really interesting to build and experiment with this. I'm doing another townhouse now with basement apartments. I finally figured when stairs below deck work and when they don't ...

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 7:08 AM
Came back to say I (we) my favorite sim and I are having a ball in this lovely house. the only thing I added are some wrought iron window finishes

Thanks again
xxx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 9:16 PM
funky, your update thrilled me The good thing about residentials are that you can always change those things that're not quite to your taste ...

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 4:28 AM
Oh, wow! I can't believe how amazing this is! :D
I really, really wish I could have it!

(Unfortunately, it requires AL. I don't have. )

I was a little excited when I saw the ep's required, too, because it's not often I find a lot that only requires UNI, NL, OFB, and SSN ... (all ep's up to Seasons except Pets) because it's sort of a "random" assortment ...
but then I saw it required AL

But then again, I did get OFB mainly because there were a few things I *really really* wanted to DL that required it ...

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:08 AM
carenrose, I'm sorry you cannot use the lot. It's often difficult to decide which EPs to use when creating a house. For this one I knew I wanted some of the AL windows. The house could work just as well with the EPs you have, though. But that would require rebuilding it in a AGS with just those EPs. Right now I don't have the time for that, but I may get more time in mid December. Won't promise anything. If you enjoy building you could also make a similar house yourself

That said, AL in my humble opinion is one of the best EPs along with SNNs, sooo .......

Page 1 of 2