Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wee Barnoid #22 – Budget starter (under 11.000§) – No CC

by plasticbox Posted 8th Nov 2009 at 10:45 PM

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:46 AM
Really wonderful, thanks so much!
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 4:29 PM
I love your Wee Barnoid series...so do my sims....can't keep your lots empty for any length of time....they're always moving into them when I'm not looking. Many thanks for sharing them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:50 PM
Thanks so much for these... I just got a new story prgression mod and I have sims moving like crazy, and I desperately need more starter priced houses! Jackpot!
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:11 PM
Hey, I really love your houses! I like this one and #16, they are absolutely great! Your good work is the reason why I'm even not using the motherlode-cheat, because also small houses looks great. :o)
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:29 AM
Love your houses. I wish I could use them and be aesthetically pleased from the map view. Unfotunately, while your download descriptions note they are a particular lot size (for example, this one is 2x2), once they are in game the actual lot size is 16x18. This results in the edges being set back 4x2 into the lot, making for a very non appealing cutoff to the drive and walk up that can not be fixed.

Any idea why your lots come out odd sized or how I might be able to say... stretch...them to fit an actual 2x2 lot?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:50 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Apr 2010 at 2:41 PM.
It says in the text that it's 16x18. The game also tells you what size a lot is when you attempt to place it.

The "2x2" is from a data field that you have to fill in when you upload a house here; it only offers values between 1 and 6.

Users are meant to be able to place buildings on any lot that is the same size or larger than the one they were built on – this is an inherent feature of the game. Users have no direct influence over where it will be placed; the game always puts them in the middle – also an inherent feature, like it or not. Stuff like "cut off" driveways and the like can very easily be fixed, just enter build mode and make it as long as you need it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 9:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. Seeing that they were center and not meeting the lot edge when placed I never even bothered to check if it was editable in build/buy. That resolves my sadness with not using your lots and also makes my Po Folk subdivision a go.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:43 PM
In the sims 3 everything is so expensive, can't even build a nice house under 40,000, but you proved that wrong. it looks good for single people, but you can always build onto it as they get more money i gues.. i'll take it. lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:54 PM
This is currently my very favourite house! I've got all the Wee Barnoids I think, most of them in the same world even. Thank you so much for them! I've been enjoying your houses for my sims ever since I found the first one for TS2 way back.