Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 12th Feb 2014 at 4:14 PM.
Default Serial Killer Challenge
Rule Expansion on post #83 by perihelion, alternate versions on posts #139 by Fivey and #167 by Roseblossom90.

This challenge is best played with University, Open for Business and Seasons installed.

How to play

Create a neighbourhood with plenty of neighbours, or use one of the premade 'hoods, like Desiderata Valley.
Create a new vacant house using a premade lot.
Create an adult Sim and make him(or her) as creepy as possible. The first time I did this, I made a balding guy with oversized glasses and pale skin.
Move that Sim into the new house, all alone.
Once you rack up some funds (you don't have to cheat, you can get your Sim a job if you want), you need to build your prison. This should consist of a moderately large room, separate from the house, with a lockable door and no windows. If you have OFB, line the room with shelves. The room should be big enough to contain several Sims at one time. You don't have to put a roof on it, you can leave it open to the elements. I especially recommend this if you have Seasons, it adds to the fun. If you have University, use the unlockCareerRewards cheat and stick the cowplant in there for some Saw-level sadism.
Once your prison/oubliette is built, it's time for your Sim to start his/her unofficial career as a serial killer. Wait for random neighbours/townies to amble by. Once they do, get your Sim to greet them and then lure them into the prison. Once they're inside, quickly dash out and lock the door, trapping the helpless neighbour/townie in the room. Then let your Sim happily go about his business - build some skills, play, maybe even go shopping! - while the trapped Sim slowly dies from needs failure.

If you have the cowplant in there, you may get lucky and the starving Sim will get eaten, providing your killer with some 'live long and prosper' juice.
Once the victim has died, put their urn at the side of the room (or on a shelf) and go for the next victim. Alternatively, you can use boolProp to select the victim and tell them to go into the prison room.

EDIT: You'll need to boolprop-select (Shift-click > MAKE SELECTABLE) the victims lured in by your killer once they're in the prison to prevent them from simply leaving the lot. This will not affect your score.

Rules
Your victims must die on their own, no boolpropping their deaths(eg. no using Rodney's Death Generator).
You can trap multiple victims for bonus points, but watch out! I've had victims escape on me and this will cause you to lose points(and your neighbours will actually become suspicious of you!).
You can call neighbours and invite them over in order to trap them.
The challenge ends when your Sim dies of old age.

Scoring

+30 for each neighbour your Sim traps
+20 for each NPC your Sim traps
+10 for each victim you trap using boolProp

Bonuses

+25 for each additional lured victim if multiple victims are in there at once
+15 for each additional boolpropped victim if multiple victims are in there at once
+30 for each victim eaten by the cowplant
+10 for each time a victim freezes solid
+20 for each time a victim suffers heatstroke
+40 for each victim struck by lightning
+30 if the victim is someone the killer was best friends with
+50 if the victim was the killer's crush
+70 if the victim woohooed with the killer at least once
+100 for each victim who becomes a ghost

Penalties

-50 for each victim who escapes
-10 each time your killer's aspiration level drops into green
-20 each time your killer's aspiration drops into red
-30 for each neighbour who declines a telephone invitation to come over
-30 for each potential victim you fail to trap
-50 if a romance goes bust
-100 for each urn broken
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 10:44 AM
hi perihelion.
Nice game.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:17 AM
well . . . . I don't know about the rest of the people here at MTs, but this is right up my alley . . . be back with gory details in a couple days . . .

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:33 AM
Cool!

I was wondering when someone was going to try my challenge...
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 12:18 PM
Hmmm....this is verrry interesting....I think I might do this challenge.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 12:28 PM
I'd love to see the results!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Vettias : 29th Nov 2009 at 2:38 AM.
Wow. This is awesome. Can we do women serial killers?

Here is my brand new serial killer - Habore Lest

The two first victims - Brandi Letourneu and Benjamin Long - Tiffany Zarubin is next. They both died of hunger, mysteriously at the same time after a rainstorm.

+120 for four victims trapped
+75 for three extra victims at the same time
-50 for Marisa Bendett Escaping

205 Positive Points
50 Negative Points
155 Current Score

Next up - Alon Livingston. I didn't manage to get a picture of her death. What is amazing is that.

TIFFANY.
ZARUBIN.
IS.
NOT.
DEAD.

She has been in there for days and she has not died. I used the Weathenaught to make hail, she did not get pelted to death. I will have to refrain to the use of the cowplant on her. Alon died of the cowplant that Tiffany put in. I'm planning to 'woo-hoo' with Marissa Bendett then kill her.

- The murderer of Alon Livingston (newspaper boy) and the future murdurer of Marisa Bendett.

But wow,is Tiffany Zarubin like a survalist expert or something? I think god has a thing for her.

+30 for Cowplant Death
+30 for best friend death (alon livingston)
+100 Benjamin Long was a ghost
+25 for Alon Livingston to be lured whilst Tiffay Zarubin was in it
+30 for trapped sim
-20 for dropping into green aspiration area

Positive Score: 195
Negative Score: 20
Total Score: 195 + 155 = 350

W00t!

Alright. I saw Benjamin's ghost again, lol.

Walking in a winter wonder land...

I love my serial killer' front yard. He dug random treasures and one of them spouted out an endless geyser. Fits the mood, eh?

Well, here's what I got this time!

+30 for Trapping Marissa Bendett (no escaping this time, Marisa)
+30 for Cowplant Death (Marisa Bendett)
+30 for being best friends with Marisa
+50 for having Marisa as a crush
+70 for woo-hooing with Marisa
-20 for Dropping into green aspiration
+25 for two multiple victims in at the same time (Marisa and Tiffany)

So Marisa escaping was technically a good thing, or none of this would of ever happened.

I AM SO MAD AT TIFFANY ZARUBIN. SHE.
IS. STILL ALIVE? SHE IS GLITCHED UP. GLITCHED UP!!!

(Also, I think you should not be allowed to drink the milk from the cowplant. It lengthens your character's lifespan and the challenge ends when your character dies of old age. I think you should have to delete the cowplant and do the cheat and add a new one. Also I think there should be no elixir of life.)

And I had a visit from the social bunny... should there be a penalty for that? He killed all of the people he knew.

Half of her (tiffany zarubin) elder ages have passed and she has STILL NOT DIED! I set it to an Infinite Days of Winter with the weathernaught. Whenever she tries to eat the cowplant, she doens't get eaten! I think she's glitched up.

Positive Score: 235
Negative Score: 20
Total Score: 215 + 350 = 565.

Right after I finished this current part of this post, I noticed a green ghost wandering along.

Free 100 points!

Positive Score: 100
Negative Score: 0
Total Score: 565 + 100 = 765. 756 76576
This is so fun!

Alright. So far I saw Marisa's ghost and Komei Tellerman was eated by the cowplant, without even boolpropping him. I locked him in the room and immediately he went for the cake.

+100 Marisas Ghost
+30 Cowplant Death
+30 He was trapped
+100 Brandi's ghost

so far no negatives.

Total score is 765+260=1025. I see some others have started as well. Good luck, and make sure to share your blood with the rest of them. Strangely, when i saved Tiffany Zarubin was locked up in the room. When I came back, she was gone. Oh well.

Habore had an unfortunate encounter when attempting to repair the trash compactor.

He should of improved that mechanical skill just by a pinch.

I'll check ya up on the updates later. :P

I was amazed at what I saw here.

That's seven people at once. I invited Tiffany Zarubin's household over - and I put a TV temporarily in the Torture Room for lure. The whole household except two ran in, so I was delighted when seven came in.

25 x 7 = 175
+175 for 7 multiple sims in the room at once
+30 for capturing Sandy Bruty
+30 for Sandy Bruty's cowplant death

205, 235.

235 + 1025 = 1260. I hope I'm doing good!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:12 PM
How are you menna know what we did, what if we lie eh? lol. i like the idea sounds funny xD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:20 PM
Tashax, most people that do these challenges don't lie, xD. And if they do they just ruin the fun, and it wastes people's time that lie. xD But some liers do play. :P
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:02 PM Last edited by perihelion : 27th Nov 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vettias
Wow. This is awesome. Can we do women serial killers?

Of course you can!

Quote:
Here is my brand new serial killer - Habore Lest

The two first victims - Brandi Letourneu and Benjamin Long - Tiffany Zarubin is next. They both died of hunger, mysteriously at the same time after a rainstorm.

+120 for four victims trapped
+75 for three extra victims at the same time
-50 for Marisa Bendett Escaping

205 Positive Points
50 Negative Points
155 Current Score

I'll check ya up on the updates later. :P

I like Marisa Bendett, so that's probably a good thing.

Quote:
But wow,is Tiffany Zarubin like a survalist expert or something? I think god has a thing for her.

LOL some sims are just hardier than others. Tiffany will croak eventually though, just give her time.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:20 PM
Oh. Well she's dead now. Teehee
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:31 PM
I'm off to do my own challenge. I'll post the results in a bit.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:34 PM
Alright. can't wait to see how someone else is doing. Im taking a break for now, I'll kill more people later.
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 12:01 AM
OK, here's where I've gotten so far:

This is my killer sim, Phil Todesengel (German for angel of death). He lives in a small prefab house in Belladonna Cove.

So far I have four victims, all caught within less than a minute of each other. I'm good at this challenge And I didn't even boolprop them until they were locked in!

One sim day in and Grimmie's already shown up to claim one townie and one neighbour.

My score so far:
+30 Samantha Cordial
+30 Gabriel Green
+20 Kaylynn Spitzig
+20 Tiffany Zarubin
+75 addtional victims bonus

Total score 175

For some odd reason, the cowplant won't eat them. Believe me, I tried. The vine-cake is out, but all the plant does is sniff them.
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 12:50 AM
Darn. I wish I still had TS2 because this looks like SO MUCH FUN.

I'm gonna go pretend to play.
loo-de-doo.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:44 AM
Updated score:

+30 Samantha Cordial
+30 Gabriel Green
+20 Kaylynn Spitzig
+20 Tiffany Zarubin
+75 addtional victims bonus
+20 Christian Love (cowplant)
+20 Dorian Stratton
+25 addtional victim bonus
+30 cowplant bonus
+20 Makoto st. Julien
+20 Geoff Rutherford
+30 Cowplant bonus
+20 Vincent Thomason
+20 Lindsay Louie
+30 Cowplant Bonus

Total 460

I figured out why the cowplant wouldn't eat the others: their needs were too low. I guess the cowplant needs it's prey to be in better shape.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 4:55 AM Last edited by pandemonium : 28th Nov 2009 at 6:29 AM. Reason: (more info)
Haha, this pwns. I'm totally doing this in Strangeville.
--In the Business District, this happens to be amazing. My guy (named Abel Hommerbrut) has two businesses in his will because he killed Mr. Landgraab. I'm planning on getting the last Ramirez so he can get that business too.

It can't get better than this.
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 5:54 AM
So if I don't have OFB or Seasons... how do I get lockable doors? I am thinking of using a dorm-room door and having it locked so only the killer can get through, but then no one would be able to escape.

(And the tunaisafish smartdoors for uni+NL do not work; have tried them multiple times.)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 6:30 AM
You could probably just lure them in the room and then move the door to a different spot, and moving it back again when you need to lure more unsuspecting victims.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 6:43 AM
This challenge looks quite fun! I shall try it immediately! *leaves laptop and runs off to computer*

Three equals four.
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:03 AM
Vettias, you're adding up your score wrong. You score +30 for each neighbour and +20 for each NPC, and the +25/+15 bonus goes on top of that.

I'm going to allow the cowplant elixir because the longer you stay in the challenge, the higher your score can go. If you don't want your killer to drink it, you can make your victims drink it. Hey, they're going to die of needs failure anyway and besides, that lends a certain cannabalistic creepiness to it. Hehehe

Who did the social bunny visit? If he visited your victims, no penalty, since dying from needs failure is the whole point of this challenge. If he visited your killer, you're not doing the challenge very well!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:36 AM
It had visited a loner that was being trapped in there - most of them interact whilst in there but one of them was sort of playing with the cowplant... And I don't know the difference between NPC and Neighbor... what does it matter anyway xD

And the cowplant thing - It's just that whenever he drinks it he literally goes back to the beginning of the adult stage, so I thought the challenge would never end :S
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 7:03 AM
Question -- what if some idiot dies on your lot without even trapping them? Do you get points and a happy meal?
Banned
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:41 AM
LOL! Um... depends on how they die. If the cowplant eats them, that counts as a bonus.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:40 PM
Can you lock the door after they go in?

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Page 1 of 8