Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Historian Career

by joninmobile Posted 29th Nov 2009 at 10:35 PM - Updated 9th Aug 2010 at 4:50 AM by joninmobile

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:18 PM
Thank you! If computers had not been invented, I think I would have ended up a historian. Now my sims can have that experience. BTW, what is the career reward item?

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:32 PM
the career reward is a polygraph
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:23 AM
Hah, fun idea. Thanks!
Banned
#5 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:25 AM
I love this idea. It's very interesting. I needed another career choice for my super-smart sims. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:29 AM
WOW ! It looks great and funny toplay with ! Thanks for this new career
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:58 AM
Oh my God, thank you so much! History is my favourite subject and now my Sims can enjoy a History career. But I do have a question: if I choose the History major in Sims University, will it give my Sims a head start in this career?
Thank you
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:41 PM
I'm not sure, you can test it out for me and see.
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 8:37 PM
Great idea for a new career. Thank you so much for sharing.
Zombie Socks
#10 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 8:45 PM
Wooooow! This is great! I can't wait to see it in-game!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 10:32 AM
oops, sorry that other one went wrong and when I started to write the reason I accidently pressed something wrong and that came up. -points to other post-
anyway

---------------------

Thanks joninmobile, I just read the chance card question and straight away I wanted to download it! I'm sure this is going to be a great career in-game! This is making me want to play sims in university now! I think I'm going to see your other downloads!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vieni
oops, sorry that other one went wrong and when I started to write the reason I accidently pressed something wrong and that came up. -points to other post-
anyway

---------------------

Thanks joninmobile, I just read the chance card question and straight away I wanted to download it! I'm sure this is going to be a great career in-game! This is making me want to play sims in university now! I think I'm going to see your other downloads!

Sorry, this is my first time posting so nothings going right! It's supposed to be a Post Thanks one, but it's coming up as a feedback type one! Sorry Joninmobile! Also, I just read it again and saw it was a career, not a university...major?
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 10:40 PM
Yes, this is a career. You already have a University major of History in your game, that came with University EP.
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 1:21 AM
This is great, especially that I can use it without loosing custom careers! It looks like you did great work with all the details like chance cards. Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:42 PM
This looks like a great career mod -- if you do an update, though, I would fix the following typos (I haven't gotten to some of these in game yet, but I'm guessing that if they're in your description they may also be in the file... if not, ignore me ):

- I think it's always spelled "appraiser" (with two Ps), I checked and couldn't find many instances of "apraiser" in any dictionary.
- Abraham Lincoln instead of Abraham Lincolon
- Sim City instead of sim City in the last paragraph
- You've instead of Youv'e in #8
- This is just a nitpick, but I noticed that you use the phrase "know what you are talking about" three or four times. Maybe you can replace a couple of those instances with something more career-specific or descriptive.

Nice work! I hope you do more careers in the future.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:26 PM
The correct term for the first career level should be "Freelance Numismatist" instead of "Freelance Numismatic". You may want to change this if you do any updates. Just a suggestion.
#17 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:55 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#18 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 2:42 AM
To add onto the above, you spelled Desiderata wrong.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:19 PM
Well, you may not be a good speller, but you sure write a fun career. I laughed so hard, especially at "History Radio Talk Show Host." If only there were such a radio program. Anyway, LOVE this career and can't wait to try! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much for this! I'm such a history freak and now my sim self can enjoy the career! And Librarian is on there! YESSS!!! Anyways, thanks for this, I love it!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:59 PM
I love it! BUT there's a problem. You need to change to mention of ANY and ALL real countries to SimNation, because that's the fictional country that Sims were made to live in, as not to be biased and not to have to waste money on translators. If you change that, I think I just might download it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:04 AM
Thanks so much for this mod! How do you make the careers? It looks so hard!
Banned
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th May 2010 at 4:37 AM
Careers are easy! I created a video tutorial on careers Here and another one on career icon making Here
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 12:29 AM
I was wishing for something like this. Thanks a bunch!
Banned
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 12:37 AM
Woo! Another picked upload for me! Yay! My first picked career. .
Page 1 of 2