Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smoked Glass Coffee Tables

by Odysseus1960 Posted 30th Nov 2009 at 8:26 PM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 8:57 PM
Whoa shiny! Beautiful creation.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:38 PM
Starting to release your CC, aren't ya? This modern set is going to be epic! First the Halogen Cieling Lights, then this! Aw, I can't wait!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:47 PM
Fabolous creation! You are really great in this - making meshes - .
Nowadays I don't use CC, but these ones are so beautiful, so I had to bless them!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:49 PM
OMG I love you. I cant wait to download all this and be able to play it when my gaming computer is fixed. <333

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:52 PM
LOVE these! As soon as I saw one in your ceiling light screens I knew I had to have it! You never replied where it was from though and I searched high and low. This upload is fantastic. (: Thank you!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:34 PM
Wow, these are fantastic, thank you!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:31 PM
Woah, this is fantastic! Great job.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:48 PM
this is top notch stuff, beautifully done!!
i hope to see more.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
Starting to release your CC, aren't ya? This modern set is going to be epic! First the Halogen Cieling Lights, then this! Aw, I can't wait!

I totally agree, I can't wait to see this set once all the pieces are up. I can just imagine how I'm gonna combine them. So perfect! Thanks so much, I can't wait to see more
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:19 AM
At first I thought the pics were pics from a site, but then I saw they're from ingame!!! Absolutely realistic, the colours, the shape, the design. I also used to download whatever I saw, but it really slows down my game play, so now I am very fastidious, picky, choosy. But this is going down! Love you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:20 AM
Thank you all. Glad you like my stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
Keep watching...

Quote: Originally posted by MissSilhouette
LOVE these! As soon as I saw one in your ceiling light screens I knew I had to have it! You never replied where it was from though and I searched high and low. This upload is fantastic. (: Thank you!
I'm so sorry MissSilhouette. I did read your comment but I missed the PS at the bottom. I hope you'll forgive me. In case you missed it, I posted the link for the bar stool on the Halogen Spot thread.

Odysseus
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 4:44 AM
WOW!!! YEAH!!! You are amazing,this look so real and wonderful!!! thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 6:35 AM
thank you.It will look good in my basement.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:37 AM
It's okay I skanned some sims 3 blogs for the bar stool and found that without too much problems, it was this coffee table that was driving me mad! :D
So really - thank you! And I can't wait to see more stuff from you
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 2:03 PM
I must say thank you for your beautiful work here and for sharing it, really appreciate the talent of you guys!!!
cheers!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:11 PM
These are so awesome!!! Great job!!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 12:30 AM
Your tables are really beautyful. I love it!
I have a question... The tables haves 3 materials, so i can see it, glass, wood and metal. But the Tables in Game haves just 2 mats, glass an an other. What's the way to create a third material? I want meshing a Desk with a glass- surface, drawers in wood and feets? (sorry, my english is not so good) in metal. I want this clone from the victorian dinnertable and this table is own just 2 mats, wood and glass. Can you help me please?

Greets cat
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 3:20 AM
Cool! fancy! :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cateyes2201
Your tables are really beautyful. I love it!
I have a question... The tables haves 3 materials, so i can see it, glass, wood and metal. But the Tables in Game haves just 2 mats, glass an an other. What's the way to create a third material? I want meshing a Desk with a glass- surface, drawers in wood and feets? (sorry, my english is not so good) in metal. I want this clone from the victorian dinnertable and this table is own just 2 mats, wood and glass. Can you help me please?

Greets cat
Actually, the tables only have 2 materials, glass and metal (metal could be anything else). The wood you see on the "foot" of the table is only a reflection of the floor (more or less realistic but that's the way the game engine renders it).

But anyway, if you want your desk to have glass and multiple materials, you have to modify a DDS file (the texture mask). I can't really explain all of it in this comment section but, may I suggest your have a look at this tutorial by Flabaliki. His tutorial helped me a lot but I'm sure there are other good ones located in the Meshing section of the MTS site.

Hope I could help a little...

Odysseus
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 2:29 PM
Hi Oddysseus

Thanks for your answer. I have the knowhow to create a mesh. But i don't know, how i can adding a material. I know, it's possible in TSR Workshop adding a static material. But i doesn't want to use this program. TSR it's criminal!
But last time...thanks for your answer, help and tables, they are really fine...oh and your ceiling spots also. *smile*

Greets Cat
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:52 PM
Looks amazing, thanks,
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:15 PM
These look great!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 12:48 PM
I fell through one of these once as a child! Thanks for the great download. :D
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:27 PM