Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 8:13 AM
Default Take Note Of This List For Bad CC
Hi all! Hope your weekends were great :-) Anyway I'll try & keep this short (or at least shorter than my usual ramblings) as it is almost midnight here. But I just thought everybody should go check out this thread over at Custom Sims. Someone has started a list of CC that is now bad with the installing of WA. They will be adding to the list as they can.

Here is the link:

http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1258836562

It looks like there are quite a few base objects in the game, that have now had parts changed with WA. So if the CC object maker used any of these items as their cloning base before WA, then the item is now flawed. So far it looks like all things cloned from the orchid plant, chimmneys, indoor fig trees, foosball tables & something about a window or counter (can't remember which). I'm sure the list will be growing, as more people help out with the object testing. Very time consuming. A few items at a time. Just like when I was hunting for that faulty tile texture. Yuck, now I have to do all of my objects (groan).

So far they don't know the reason why these objects were changed. Though I have a theory. It's my thought that they were changed, because some items for WA are now used as hidden switch triggers for doors in tombs. In case you haven't noticed yet, even the tombstones of the dead can be triggers. On some quests you have to mourn at a tomestone to trigger a door. This is probably why, when I accidently left in those tomestone mods when in installed WA, the game went wonky.

Heck, I still don't have an ghost appearing yet, even when I started a new game. I took one of my Sims off to several cementries while traveling & at home, still no ghosts. The only thing hanging around their tomestones is mist. Oh, well I guess I can live without ghosts in the game. Not that I need them mind you, as I've experienced the real thing over the years. Not really seen them mind you. Just heard & felt them. They weren't those types they have on TV shows either :-) These were just my relatives, around the time they were passing away. Sometimes there was a hint or 2 for some months afterwards. Not to worry though, nothing scary. Maybe I'll tell you about a couple of them later. Sorry if I'm off topic again, ha ha.

Oh, another thing that is changed with WA. I remember someone mentioning that they didn't have any books in the library. I checked mine. It does have some basic books, though not very many. All of your Sims written books are gone. Unless your Sim has written more after you installed WA. Then it might be in the library. There is now a new feature on your computer. Look under the Write menu & you will find an option to order the books your Sim wrote. Each Sim will have to order their own books. As only the books they wrote will show up at the time. Depending on the number they worte, sometimes you might have to order them more than once. I had trouble getting some of my earlier ones to arrive. Oh, the Sim has to pay money for their own books. They arrive in the mail. Anyway, I suppose if you want to have the older books in the library, you will have to take them in your knapsack & drop them off.

The stereos also have been added to. You now have more options, like skip to the next song. I've found they are also louder & seem to reach from the bottom floor all the way to the top floor. Another weirder thing is, you can have different songs playing on different stereos at the same time. The first time I heard this, if drove me nuts trying to find out what stereo was on. One of my Sims had turned on a different one downstairs, while I was listening to one upstairs with a different Sim. In case you are wondering, I don't have the house wired & there aren't any gnomes here either :-) Well I'd better be off. Bye for now. SEJ
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:08 AM
thanks for this. Much appreciated I also believe in ghosts, though I havent had any personal experiences yet
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:15 AM
Thanks for the link!
Also happy to know that I am not the only "I see dead people" person on here! :D
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:17 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:33 AM
Thanks for posting the link! I definitely had some of the identified bad items in my game.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:37 AM
i did too!
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:40 AM
link dead. anyone got a new one?
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 9:42 AM
The link is dead because the last post was from 3rd Dec 2009. That's almost one year. All the content mentioned in the old link has been probably updated already. Note, this was about objects not working with WA, that's two expansion packs ago.

Please, next time, no necromancy.
Inventor
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:04 PM
If you want to experience the ghost game play the Goth House. It doesnt take very long until you see them and they can be sort of fun. Here is Gunthers Mother having a nice nap. She is tired from playing in the sprinklers.
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:20 AM
Hey is it possible for anyone to make a bad CC list for Sims 3 Late Night? That would be extremely helpful
Thanks