Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Missing Skill Books & Other Fixes (updated for patch 1.50)

by Sims MX Posted 8th Jan 2010 at 8:21 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2013 at 3:44 AM by Sims MX : Updated file.

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 84 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:27 PM
I thought it was just me. FINALLY noted by someone else and yay
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:42 PM
I didn't even realize they were missing. I always thought they didn't have more than one volume so that you were forced to use the martial arts dummy, board breaker or sparring to level up martial arts and to take pics to level up photography. It kind of makes sense. But still, this will be good for sims that can't afford to keep going on vacation to get the equipment they need.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:43 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM
How does this work with the Awesome Mod?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MdMaxx
How does this work with the Awesome Mod?

This is not a core mod, it won't conflict with AwesomeMod.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:18 AM
Thank you very much

hello everyone and have a great day
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:42 AM
I thought you had to level up before you could buy the next books, thanks.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:36 AM
This either doesn't work with the mod to buy all books everywhere, the talent book, or the Extended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behavior by AD85.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:51 AM
Is This For WA?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mecingo
Is This For WA?

Since these skills were added by WA, yes, and it is required to get use out of this.

THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:30 AM
Wow, thank you for making this! I hated the fact there was only one book in each store for the skill. And I may be a little lazy, I don't want to sit around to photograph so much just to get the skill up. (I plan to take my time on the albums later)

The chairs, the tables, all confused
We hear the words and must speak them
We take them, and arrange them
But still... they will not be quiet...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
This is not a core mod, it won't conflict with AwesomeMod.

Thanks.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 8:54 AM
Thank you for work
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:58 AM
you forgot nectary book from france
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:51 PM
I didn't think there was a book for the nectar-making skill; it's not an actual skill that goes up to 10 like writing or cooking, is it? (Can't remember; it's been awhile since I messed with nectar...)

Thanks to Sims MX for this mod!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:30 PM
Will this mod work with the Super Speedy?
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by satranai

No, I'm pretty sure all three are in the game. My sim was reading them just yesterday. =]
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HayleyKat
This either doesn't work with the mod to buy all books everywhere, the talent book, or the Extended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behavior by AD85.

It won't work with the mod that allows you to buy all books everywhere because they modify the same XML.

Quote: Originally posted by allanmad
Will this mod work with the Super Speedy?

No. They edit the same XML.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by codenamez
Quote: Originally posted by satranai

No, I'm pretty sure all three are in the game. My sim was reading them just yesterday. =]

Yes, nectary books are not forgotten by the creator, because he/she only posts fixes for the missing volumes of martial arts and photography skill books. All three volumes of the nectar making can be found ingame without this mod.
Thanks for the share Sims MX, i've been waiting for this fix to pop up sooner or later.

Interestingly enough, both skills cannot be learned through reading alone. Imagine a kung-fu master telling you he learned the trade by reading, or mastering photography without ever taking a single photo, lol. But then again same applies for the rest of the base game skills

If you would create something, you must be something.
-Goethe
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 9:35 AM
Great and so useful mod ! Merci beaucoup (Thanks a lot)
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 2:19 PM
I download this, put it in the correct folder, but where do I buy the books? My sim is in France and no photography books are showing up.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 11:26 PM
Photography books can only be bought in Egypt. In France you can buy Nectar Making books.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 8:34 AM
I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!
No, seriously, I had my sim max logic just so he could teach Photography and I wouldn't have to walk around wasting time on nothing pictures. But that still meant I had to level up one sim "on foot". Ugh. UGH I SAY!

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Page 1 of 4