Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 12:14 AM
Default Mummies can be edited with CAS editing mods...and they have pitch black skin!
Not only that, but they're...really pretty, usually.

I aged mine from elder to adult...then young adult...then teen...at child it messed up, and his head mask went away. I changed his hair and made it blue.

So now he's a young adult egyptian prince back from the dead

I know people really liked having pitch black sims from grim reaper sex, but they patched that out. But you can still have them by editing a mummy Deathsims, I like to call them. Just change their clothes and hair and viola, eternally living, never sleeping, never peeing, never aging pitch-black sims.

I got lucky...mine is one of the most beautiful sims I've seen generated by the game.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:04 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Does he still walk like a mummy? I need to try this later. :D
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:10 AM
Yeah, he does. I quickly learned how tedious that is- my sims don't live near a road and it took him 4 hours to get to the car. I quickly downloaded the locomotion changer so I could stop that.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 3:44 AM
he looks really good.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 3:48 AM
BLech. The locomotion changer isnt working for me so I'm stuck with the slowest creature ever.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
BLech. The locomotion changer isnt working for me so I'm stuck with the slowest creature ever.

I have a Locomotion/Walk Style XML mod which changes certain walk styles on sims, among them mummies, which are given the normal YA/Adult walk styles, so they walk like normal sims. Elders are also given the YA/Adult walk styles, and some other walk styles are changed. These changes are placed on all sims in your game, so it's different than the Locomotion Object mod. It's at the site in my sig if you want to try it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 9:01 PM
Wow, nice find!

I have been trying to find a way to edit the appearance of a mummy without changing how they act and move. What CAS editing mods did you use? Is there a way to give them normal skin and clothes and such instead of just the black skin?
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 9:21 PM
I have awesomemod, so I just used "editsim <name>" in the cheat console.

I didnt try changing his skin since I wanted to keep the black, but you can change the clothes.
Banned
#9 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 10:05 PM
I turned my mummy into a toddler. Thanks for sharing this. I'm having fun with my black-skinned sim :D
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 1:39 AM
Skin CAN be changed, but...

It has a weird shine to it?
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 4:25 AM
Hmm, interesting. Well, thanks for the pics! At least now I can get a little closer to my goal.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 8:40 AM
he has scary scar like shading in the forth picture. Check the reflection.

I have not installed the game yet, although it has been collecting dust since Christmas on my shelf. XD(i just feel like base game for now anyways) if all of them are THAT pretty, I do want a mummy hubby for one of my simmies.
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:18 AM
That's pretty kool. I must say, he's very pretty (XD). Though he looks kinda creepy with normal colored skin. Lolz. I need to try that...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 2:38 AM
Use the hoverboard instead of walk, it's a lifesaver for mummies.

My Sims 2 Downloads

*Now with Evil Dead & Three Stooges!*
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:22 AM
Wow. Speaking of undead.... this thread.
Site Helper
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:07 PM
Wow! A post from Claeric! He's only been banned for 6 years.

(And I'm one of the weird ones who actually misses him.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:23 PM
Aww, don't worry. He used to come back on a regular basis under various disguises, although not lately, as far as I know.
Site Helper
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:21 PM
I know. I'm hoping that he has finally learned that the world is full of "fools," some of which are baiting him. (Although I could never understand that. Claeric-baiting was like shooting fish in a barrel.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 4:23 AM
The only thing I could think of when I saw this thread was how relieved Claeric, of all people, would have been to know that his mummies could have used hoverboards almost four years before ITF was released.
Site Helper
#20 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 7:03 PM
Yeah, if he hadn't been banned before, his response to this thread would probably have done it!

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 1:37 PM
Sorry for the necromancy. I missed the original post date, as I found this via google search.

My Sims 2 Downloads

*Now with Evil Dead & Three Stooges!*
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 3:24 PM Last edited by Vermin : 10th Sep 2016 at 3:40 PM.
To me it just looks like when you DL a sim with a CC skin that you don't have, they turn up pitch black and when you try to choose another skin for them it looks like ur 2nd pics. My trick for that is always to click the saved sims tab or premade sims or w/e its called in CAS, as soon as that tab loads up ur sims new skin goes back to normal and you can just exit the tab
edit: woops apparently this is from 2010, didnt realise
Inventor
#23 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Skin CAN be changed, but...

It has a weird shine to it?

I found out that if you turn the Sim into a vampire, wait a couple of seconds and then undo the last change, your Sim will probably look normal. Maybe.

Edit: Just found out this thread is as old as time itself * sigh * Who's pulling a Kel'Thuzad, I demand to know!!?