Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MorphMaker, a tool to make morphs and sliders - Update 9/4/2012

by CmarNYC Posted 18th Jan 2010 at 6:56 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:03 PM by Nysha

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 11:03 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:21 AM
Looks incredibly useful, but... Well, I'm not sure exactly what it does. Visual examples for the challenged would be appreciated if you or someone else could whip up a few.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:38 AM
I did a couple of tutorials when this was two separate programs: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878 and http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=380954

I've made pregnancy morphs and pointed ear sliders using older versions of this software; they're here on MTS.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 7:20 AM
Thanks a lot for this program
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:53 PM
Thank you, this is a life saver for anyone that wants to finish their project up properly!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:04 PM
What do you mean with "a vertex number range outside the usual for clothing". because my bodyslider only works with a nude top.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pcfreak147
What do you mean with "a vertex number range outside the usual for clothing". because my bodyslider only works with a nude top.

If you're making a geom-based slider for the body, you can't use the same range of vertex numbers that the game body and clothing meshes use, or your slider will distort those meshes in ways you don't want since the morph is done purely by vertex number. Tops and bodies start with vertex # 5000, bottoms start with 15000, and I think shoes start with 30000. You'd have to be sure not to duplicate any of those number ranges. In your case, you'd have to renumber the nude top mesh before making a morph so it doesn't conflict. This doesn't affect the bone-based sliders like Delphy's or Jonha's, and geom-based face sliders work fine because there's only one set of faces in the game.
Inventor
#9 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:27 AM Last edited by Cocomama : 21st Feb 2010 at 8:56 AM.
First of all thank you for this tool, I am trying to make new BGeo and BBlends for an elder top.
I just redownloaded it again to check, but I can not find any select buttons to surf to my new morph meshes. Clicking left and right on the place they should have been does not help either.
It looks like the part of the menu on the right is missing, the help files are cut off on the right side too.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 1:06 PM
Is it possible to add an additional morph to a body mesh besides the fit/fat/thin/pregnancy morphs?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 4:24 PM
Cocomama: Try resizing the MM window - sounds like it's not big enough horizontally. It's less than 800 px wide so unless you're running at a super low resolution it should fit.

jh3nry: There are already morphs that affect the body - Delphy's and Jonha's sliders. Adding another overall body morph that works the way the fat/fit/thin/pregnant ones do would take a core mod and modding of the CAS UI.
Inventor
#12 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 21st Feb 2010 at 8:58 AM. Reason: Add screenshot
Thanks CmarNYC, but that does not work either, it was the first thing I've tryed. And it is a 22 inch screen running at 1600x... something pixels
If its not the program, it must be my graphics card again. (NVidia GTX260)
To test this I installed it on my laptop and I do have a complete program there, but I cannot use TS3 on that.
Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks again for the program!

I tryed attaching a screenshot several times to this post but it did not stick, it is now attached to my first post. :D
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:46 PM
Cocomama, can you post a screenshot?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
First of all, thank you for this tool! However, I'm having a problem with it in that hitting 'save' does nothing, as in I click on it and the program sits there as if I haven't actually hit the button. This happens randomly when I'm trying to save bgeos, bblends, CASparts, or packages. It seems that sometimes letting the program sit will clear it up and I'm able to save again.

I'm running Windows 7.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:31 PM
If you mean the 'save' option under File, all that does is save your project information, and unless it's a new project and it prompts you for a name you won't see any response - it just saves it. If you mean the various 'Make BGEO' etc. buttons, are you clicking the button and nothing happens? Does it prompt you for a file name?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
Yes, the 'Create BGEO,' 'Create Blend,' 'Edit a CAS file'... well, basically anything that creates an outside file seems to do this. I'm able to get as far as being prompted for a file name, which I do, and then when I hit save at the prompt, nothing happens.

I also just found it does something similar when using the Import Files portion, only the program will flicker a bit but not pull up any file paths for me to select a geom. Again, letting the program sit for a few minutes seems to clear this up.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 12:10 PM
Very strange - I haven't seen this behavior or heard of it before. Sounds like some problem with the program's interface to Windows' file system, and there's not going to be much I can do about that. The compiler I use is being maintained and updated, though, so when I have a new version of Skininator I'll see if they have a new version out that may support Win 7 better.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 10:14 PM
Thanks for this tool.
However, it seems I can't make my mind around how it works.
I have the package file for the clothing, containing just the normal mesh, and I have the morphs (for the LOD1, 2 and 3) separatedly too. The problem is that I can't open my already existing package and then add the morphs, mostly because I fail and don't know how to do it. It seems I should import BGEO files but my morph meshes are .simgeom meshes.

I'm just lost.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 12:37 PM
xizarx: Have you followed the instructions for adding a morph in the MM help?

Basically, you have to create the BGEOs from the .simgeom meshes first - a BGEO contains compressed morph information for all the lods for one morph, and that's what's actually used in the game. For clothing you load your meshes for lod1, lod2, and lod3 into the appropriate age and gender section, click the Clothing button, and click Create BGEO. Repeat this process for each morph - start a new project and create a separate BGEO for each morph. When all your BGEOs are done, you can click the 'Add morphs to package' button, open your clothing package, and select the BGEO to add for each morph. Save as a new package, and if all has gone well you're done.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:44 PM
Updated, or rather rebuilt, with Windows 7 support.

aikia guinea, I hope this solves your problem!
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 3:04 PM
Oh yes, I promise I read the instructions, and i never ask before i've tried myself at least 10 times but it seems I'm missing something. Sorry, and thank you for your patience.

I tried two things:

Of course, with this I could only create a .bgeo file, and next step wouldn't be possible.

Then I tried:

and repeating this for each morph. I could create 3 morphs doing this, that I then added to the mesh using MM too. The result was afile that my computer wouldn't recognize, so I renamed it and changes the file type to .package.
But when I run the game and try to find the new clothing, it is there, but it's a pair of invisible pants... Before I added the morphs, it was a ok, so I guess I messed it somewhere in the process of adding morphs.

I know I'm being slow and clumsy, sorry.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 10:12 PM
No problem - without questions no one would learn, right?

In the first example you gave you were adding all three morphs at once, which is wrong. Each morph has to be done separately and a separate BGEO made for it, which I assume you figured out for the second example which looks right.

You should have ended up with 3 BGEO files, one fat, one fit, one thin. I'm confused by your saying you added them to the mesh and got a file the computer wouldn't recognize - you're done with the morph meshes at this point. You have to add the BGEOs to your clothing package, the file which ends in .package. You should have a package created by CTU with your custom clothing meshes and textures and so on in it. (I'm assuming you use CTU - this may or may not work with packages made with TSR Workshop - I've never tried.) You should click the 'Add morphs to package' button, find and open the clothing package, and then import each BGEO to the right morph slot. Save as a new package (still ending in .package) and that SHOULD work in your game.

Please try again, and if you're still having problems could you upload your package with the morphs added long enough for me to grab it and take a look?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 8:25 PM
Thank you so much for the update! I'll give the new build a try in the next couple of days and let you know how it goes.

Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:57 PM
I've tried again, and I got the same result: an unknown file type.
You can download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLZTG0HB
That's the file after I added the fat,fit and thing morphs (bgeo's) to the mesh.

I can just change the file name, adding .package at the end of it, and yeah, the game works fine with it, but the clothing will be just transparent.

Thank you for your help
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 5:39 PM
I'll look at the files tonight - can you also post the package that worked before you added the morphs, so I can compare them?
Page 1 of 4