Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No coughing / choking while eating

by Esmeralda Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2019 at 3:10 PM by Esmeralda : Just minor change to text

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Banned
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:01 PM
Are you sure this is a core mod? Or was that a mis-click?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:59 PM
Thank you so much! I have WA and the latest patch, and I was really, really missing Tiger's mod. You are wonderful for doing this, as that annoying cough has always been, well, annoying!
Inventor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
Thank you so much for making this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:07 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 18th Feb 2010 at 8:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Are you sure this is a core mod? Or was that a mis-click?

Tiger categorised his 'Sim Cough Drop' jazz mod on this site as a core mod, so I have followed suit with my own three jazz mods - I'm assuming that his categorisation was correct, as he's the expert in that field and I'm not, I'm a coder and not an expert TS3 modder. It does modify the functioning of a game core file - Jazzdata.package (specifically, the 'Eat' state machine).

In any case, it doesn't conflict with Awesomemod and I haven't had any reports on either of my previous jazz mods as conflicting with any other core mods. Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:20 PM
Thx! i love you! <3
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:24 PM
Thanks so much for this! The choking really freaks me out every time :S
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:05 AM
Thank you so much for updating this! Do you know if it is compatible with HELS? The old version I had worked with WA but I still did get the bugs where they couldn't drink nectar, etc. I really hope this works, the coughing scenario is just AWFUL. Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:35 AM
Been busy testing various game situations and basically hoped someone else would come up with this. Very glad you did! Thank You!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbow_Brite
Thank you so much for updating this! Do you know if it is compatible with HELS? The old version I had worked with WA but I still did get the bugs where they couldn't drink nectar, etc. I really hope this works, the coughing scenario is just AWFUL. Thanks again!

I don't have HELS and don't plan to get it (I only tend to get expansion packs and not stuff packs), so unfortunately I can't say - I can only recommend trying it and if it doesn't work or causes any issues, delete it again.

But if you, or anyone else with HELS, could let me know either way whether it works OK with HELS or not, I'd be very grateful and then I can update the Overview details to let others know!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:45 AM
Oh my thank you. I never could find why my sims could never drink necter.I thought it was just a odd glitch. Now I know!!!!!! I am sooo downloading this Thanks sooo much
Inventor
#12 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:31 PM
It works fine with HELS. I'm using it with HELS and it doesn't conflict with anything I'm using (and I use a ton of mods/hacks) and my sims are not coughing while eating. Haven't had any sims drinking yet, to see if it is also working for the drinking part though. BTW, the nectar drinking comes with WA (the EP), not HELS (the SP).
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:34 PM
I just tested the 2.5.12 version with an older version of WA (2.3.33)
I ate 12 plates of food

Nectar drinkable = CONFIRMED!
No choking = Confirmed
WA foods edible=

So it is indeed backwads compatible :D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:10 PM
Oh my, I want to download this simply because of those sims in the second picture! Yummy :-) ha ha! Thanks E!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
It works fine with HELS. I'm using it with HELS and it doesn't conflict with anything I'm using (and I use a ton of mods/hacks) and my sims are not coughing while eating.

Quote: Originally posted by spK
I just tested the 2.5.12 version with an older version of WA (2.3.33)
I ate 12 plates of food

Nectar drinkable = CONFIRMED!
No choking = Confirmed
WA foods edible=

So it is indeed backwads compatible :D

THANK YOU very much both of you, I've now updated the Overview page with your findings, and deleted the 2.4.7 version of the mod as spK has confirmed that it's not needed.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:35 PM
thankyou so very much i have been hoping for this for so long
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:02 PM
All I have to say is... thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 1:34 AM
Thanks EsmeraldaF. I've waiting for this forever.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:03 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!

who in the heck thought having them choke on their food at EVERY meal was a good idea???
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:22 AM
Thank you SOOOOO much. That coughing is my biggest gripe by FAR with TS3 - I was so sad that the cough drop mod (original) conflicted with WA. Thanks so much for bringing it back!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:12 AM
Thank you very much! I used the base game version, but it doesn't work with Adventure, so i am rellay glad you made this verison! Thank you again.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 3:49 AM
Wonderful! I hate the choking; it's stupid.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 9:06 AM
I'm going to try with base, WA and Hel on XP; my daughter is going to try with the same on Vista.

I will update our findings.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DMDye
I'm going to try with base, WA and Hel on XP; my daughter is going to try with the same on Vista.

I will update our findings.

It's already been found to work with HEL, as mentioned in previous comments and in my update notice on the Overview page, and as I also mentioned on the Overview page, it's unlikely it will work with the base game - use TigerM's Sim Cough Drop mod in the base game instead. The version of Windows you use doesn't make a difference, as the mod works with the game, not Windows.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM
Is this going to be updated for Ambitions?

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Page 1 of 5