Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:53 PM
When I go to lock my computer at work and instead of pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL I instinctively press CTRL-SHIFT-C instead.
Four times.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:29 PM
When you see people walking like the sims...

When you think that all you need to make a new best friend is to talk for 20 minutes...

"When your boyfriends asks how your day was, you tell him what happened to your sims."

That´s so true...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:43 PM
When you think you can become best friends with someone by watching t.v and chatting for 30 minutes....

When You dream your a Sim... Happens way to often lol

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
#54 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:17 PM
When you wish you could become a celebrity just by having 25 local acquintances.
Scholar
#55 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 4:46 AM
You encounter some real life sample of idiot human behavior and wish Pescado could kill it with fire. And you start wondering if it would take a core mod to fix the government or can we just get by with a patchwork of tuning mods?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 11:18 AM
I'd just delete the city hall rabbithole and be done with it. Who needs government anyway.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidityKills
When I go to lock my computer at work and instead of pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL I instinctively press CTRL-SHIFT-C instead.
Four times.

I know right. I did this TWICE while trying to reboot a friends pc. and then I go, Wait, thats to pull up the cheat thingie on the Sims.
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
When you use CAS to try a different hairstyle in your self-sim to see if it will look good in realy life XD

i do that too, i just wish there were more hairstyles to choose from, the ea ones are fugly
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:05 PM
The biggest reason I know is when I dream about The Sims... The sad thing is that this actually happens, rather often.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:04 PM Last edited by sfsix : 5th Mar 2010 at 9:12 PM.
too much sims when...

1. you're a student and you stopped worrying about school thinking you can just hit the "load" button if you ever fail at something :D

2. you think about the rarity of the seeds along the sidewalks

3. youre staring at your sims play the sims, whose sims are playing the sims, whose sims are playing the sims, whose sims are..

4. you start talking to your sims.

5. sims are talking to you.

6. the sims 3 is at the very top in your start menu recent shortcuts list

7. your desktop is filled with .package files

8. you know simlish

9. when you meet a stranger, you imagine the cas menus to the left of them.

10. you have tutored your real baby to talk in simlish

11. you wonder who is simming you at the moment

12. working in cas has influenced you to get plastic surgery

13. you imagine your relationship bars for each person you know, even pets

14. when you throw tantrums, you start screaming in simlish

15. a lot of music you hear reminds you of sims music

16. you move your head in wierd circular motions before you do something

17. you've actually tried the charisma thing in front of the mirror, and found out that it really doesnt do anything.

18. you can answer every bug question in the forums. you've seen them all

19. you get a BSOD saying, STOP_PLAYING_SIMS
Forum Resident
#61 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:56 AM
I realized that my 11 year old older daughter had been playing the Sims too much when her 3 year old brother came to me crying and saying "I want to be a Sim".
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:06 PM
i keep saying to self i need the motherload?!?!?!?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 2:34 AM
When you want to go somewhere far away and expect a taxi to just randomly appear once you step out of the door. (And also expect it to be free!)
Field Researcher
#64 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rmrm
The biggest reason I know is when I dream about The Sims... The sad thing is that this actually happens, rather often.

I've had sim dreams.

I also once saw one of my sims beside the road hitchhiking, which was a little worrying, because it was one of my scarier sims. I thought maybe she'd escaped the game and come looking for me.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:06 AM
When you refer to Wine as Nectar

When you wish you can just teleport into the car and drive off

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Banned
#66 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sfsix
the sims 3 is at the very top in your start menu recent shortcuts list

All the time
Mad Poster
#67 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:58 AM
Screw the car, I just want to shift + click on a spot on google maps and teleport there.
Scholar
#68 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I realized that my 11 year old older daughter had been playing the Sims too much when her 3 year old brother came to me crying and saying "I want to be a Sim".
Yeah I think I'm having a bad effect on my Five year old. She announced to me "I just installed some new Polly Pockets into my game."

Huh what? You INSTALLED them?

She said yes, they were just like sims and she downloads them from her toy bin and installs them into her game and she has them all at different skill levels.

She actually hasn't watched me play in a long time. I've been too busy testing custom worlds and not playing the usual characters my daughter is familiar with.
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:23 AM
When you start to feel jealous of your sims for getting to curl up in bed and you have to remind yourself that you can stop playing at any time and go to sleep too.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taco17
When you start to feel jealous of your sims for getting to curl up in bed and you have to remind yourself that you can stop playing at any time and go to sleep too.

Not if you have 7 kids and 5 of them are under the age of 4-----then you play when you can--often in the middle of the night--and you sleep in short bursts---then you really wish you were like a Sim and could sleep all night---
Test Subject
#71 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 2:42 PM
When you see a person and think, Gosh I built him this morning!
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:55 PM Last edited by lollylopmr : 5th Mar 2010 at 3:56 PM. Reason: forgot some words
when you look at people and think of how they would look as a Sim

when you automatically hum/sing along with the building and loading music, even when other people are in the room

when you buy the Sim expansion packs yourself instead of waiting one month til your birthday

when the first thing you check when you sign onto the internet is if someone replied to one of your posts/downloads (and continue checking every few hours)

when you spend 6 hours creating scales for your Sims (with 2 recolor-able sections per scale)

when most of your hard drive is devoted to Sims related stuff

when you have over 3.5 GB of CC you downloaded

when you spend all afternoon surfing the web looking for custom hair to download

when Sims is one of the few things you say when asked what your hobbies are

when you find that you have bought all the sims players guides

when you find yourself looking through every pattern uploaded to the exchange on that day (everyday for a week)

when you can remember all the icons of the administrators on this sight

when you find yourself designing one Sim in 5 hours

when you find yourself cutting Sims out of pictures onto new backgrounds

When Sims sites are the top sites on your most visited list other than email

when you find yourself posting on this thread or nodding to some of the posts

when you can think of a long list of way too know when you have played sims to much

Part of the Exotic/Unnatural Sims club
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 9:22 PM Last edited by sfsix : 6th Mar 2010 at 5:26 AM.
continuing my list. too much sims when..

Quote: Originally posted by sfsix
too much sims when...

1. you're a student and you stopped worrying about school thinking you can just hit the "load" button if you ever fail at something :D

2. you think about the rarity of the seeds along the sidewalks

3. youre staring at your sims play the sims, whose sims are playing the sims, whose sims are playing the sims, whose sims are..

4. you start talking to your sims.

5. sims are talking to you.

6. the sims 3 is at the very top in your start menu recent shortcuts list

7. your desktop is filled with .package files

8. you know simlish

9. when you meet a stranger, you imagine the cas menus to the left of them.

10. you have tutored your real baby to talk in simlish

11. you wonder who is simming you at the moment

12. working in cas has influenced you to get plastic surgery

13. you imagine your relationship bars for each person you know, even pets

14. when you throw tantrums, you start screaming in simlish

15. a lot of music you hear reminds you of sims music

16. you move your head in wierd circular motions before you do something

17. you've actually tried the charisma thing in front of the mirror, and found out that it really doesnt do anything.

18. you can answer every bug question in the forums. you've seen them all

19. you get a BSOD saying, STOP_PLAYING_SIMS

20. you forget how to whoohoo because you're distorted by the sims' reality of how to woohoo.

21. playing the sims gives you a +50 moodlet

22. you have credit card debt to the sims 3 store.

23. you start thinking all your clothes and hair are cc. you ask your parents for more cc if you're a kid, "i want more c. c.!"

24. you're paranoid that a single meal eaten after being full will result in you transforming into having more mass than the hulk.

25. you think you can lose it all by running an hour.

26. you have spent more money on harddrives to store your cc with than on the game itself.

27. you think you can get away with burglaries while a policeman's in the victim's house.

28. you start feeling compassionate about the sims for being stupid. "sorry, it's my fault that the video game is in the way that you can't repair the TV."

29. you completely ignore your teeth's health now, like sims

30. stop playing the sims gives you get a -50 moodlet

31. your lifetime wish is to work at EA

32. your social bar fills up when you're playing with the sims

33. your fun bar stays the same and cannot be filled while you're playing the sims, because you're addicted

34. you ignore your hunger, energy, hygiene, and bladder bars while playing the sims

35. when you meet someone you say "dos ve dana!" then catch yourself. :x

36. you accurately karaoke to sims music.

37. you've extracted all the music from the game files for constant listening

38. you mistake korean writing for simlish writing (they look so damn same!)

39. one of your current wishes is to join the EA career, and you've "locked" it

40. one of your current wishes is to play the sims, +1000 reward points

41. you've planted a dollar hoping it'd grow.

42. you mistake the current sims date for the real date.

43. you mistake the current sims time for the real time.

44. there's live fish in your fridge.

45. you prefer sims 3 scenery over real life scenery

46. you'd rather watch your sims walk in the park than going to a real park yourself.

47. the -50 was temporary, but you get a -20 that is CONSTANT.

48. 4/4 of your current wishes are to play the sims

49. before you ask someone about their day, you point your head up, and then nod.

50. you complain to your boss about not coming to work because of your "moodlets."

...DONT ASK ME HOW TO WHOOHOO!
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:09 AM
When you think this is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXME2pm83c
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:21 AM
You get all happy and think, "Oh yay, it's Friday!!"...and realize it's only Tuesday IRL.
Page 3 of 9