Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 4:56 AM
You made me laugh. =P

And you're reminding me of the fairies in Labyrinth that the gnome-dude was spraying with something, because they were more like pests than anything else. Tiny biting pests. Cute, but looks were all they had really.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:09 AM
Sounds like the type of fairies I'd like in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I don't think I'd want wings on a sim if they're anything like the flowers and shrubs there's going to be some really ugly clipping...into hair meshes, backs of chairs, into arms during hugging, etc. etc. and so forth. I saw that with wings in Sims2.

Yes large wings wouldn't work, but tiny wings might be ok.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FlyingEvil
Not just one set - several! Here's a screen shot: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9526/sims3store.jpg

Am I the only one who noticed that this says "faire" and not "fairy" or "faerie"? Unless "faire" is just another word for those, but I don't think it is... There's a chance I could be wrong and making myself look incredibly stupid right now though, heh.

A fairy set would be awesome, though...
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:26 AM
Yeah, so it could actually be fair folk. i.e. carnies!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:31 AM
It doesn't say Fairy. It says faire. As in Renaissance faire.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#31 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:36 AM
Oh gosh, carnies haha :D
Banned
#32 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:43 AM
...It does say Faire...I swear it said Fairy at one point, didnt it? maybe it was a typo, and that's why it went away for a bit...what a letdown.

There's a topic on the Sims 3 official forum about it, too. They saw Fairy, too. I think they typoed.
retired moderator
#33 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:56 AM
Maybe they are just trying to be 'unique'.
They will probably copyright the term 'Faire' next. ;D
Banned
#34 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:43 PM
ugh... fairies... yuck
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 8:20 PM
If this is some kind of publicity stunt, it's pretty lame.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:36 PM
It COULD be Faire as in Renaissance Faire. I mean, there are jester hats in the hair section now. Is that just a coincidence? o_o
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
If this is some kind of publicity stunt, it's pretty lame.

If it were a publicity stunt they would probably be trying to get publicity from places other than Sims 3 forums... >_>
Banned
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:18 AM
http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=male&startAt=0

Free.

"Celebrate Carnival by tapping into your inner merry mischief maker!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival

Carnival is the festive season before lent. Therefore, either

A. They decided to go off jesters and are having Ren faire type items
or
B. THe jester hat is a hint at things to come, and there will be all sorts of crazy outlandish funtime party looking stuff to come with one of the sets

:O
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:22 AM
I'm pretty sure when I originally saw it, it was spelled something like Faerie. Or Fairie. It was not Faire as it is now--if that is what is up now--I haven't checked. I remember thinking well that's a helluva wonky way to spell "fairy" but thanks to my sister-in-law who is obsessed with these odd little creatures, I've got tons of books where the word is spelled all sorts of crazy ways. Kind of like the name Megan. I have lost track of all the ways I've seen that name spelled. MehGahn. Meghan. Meaghan. Megeahn. Meggahn. Or "Amy". Aimee. Aymie. Ayemee. Emi (my cousin).

Quote:
From http://hereweblogagain.blogspot.com...pell-fairy.html
Many questions have come up on my spelling of "fairy".
So i went to the most reliable source i know...
www.askjeeves.com
hehe!

There are many diffrent ways so spell fairy, including faery, faerie, farie folk, fairfolks, farefolkis, pharie, phaereis, farie, fairy, fairie, and fairye.

So there you go.
We are all right.
Now, we can all rest better!

Okay I just went to the EA Store and I don't see it listed as a new set. Oh I also just checked the image posted at image shack. Okay so maybe I was wrong and it was listed as Faire. My flu-addled brain probably took Faire Folk to mean Fairy folk as from the above quote.

That's what I get from taking Pescado's suggestion in the other thread to improve my game's display by drinking MOAR Vodka!
Scholar
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:00 AM
Summersong -- Step away from the bottle! Ha ha. Only kidding.

You could very well be right as the set is called Faire Folk Life. In Celtic folklore Faire folk are faeries, leprechauns, selkies, etc. As March brings St. Patrick's Day I would not be surprised to see some faeries and leprechauns in a TS3 set. These creatures are magical but I can't imagine getting anything magical in the set.

However, LethalLaurie could also be right that it is referencing Fair and its carnival type clothes and things.

There's also supposedly going to be a freebie called Earth Day out this month.

There's a list of the March Sims 3 store sets at Sim Programs:

http://www.simprograms.com/sneak-pe...e-sims-3-store/

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:17 AM
Earth Day is 22.April, so that one will prob. be out pretty soon. Or maybe they'll wait until the day of ED?

Club Vaindenburger might be referring to Vianden in Luxembourg, as a merging between those two names and a typo to make it a bit more mystic. I bet it's just more boring design furniture, thought what I really wanted was some clubbing gear.

If lent (faste) is the days leading up to Easter and Faire Folk is referring to carnival (as Claeric wrote) and carnival happens just before lent - then they're already late. Lent started 17.February this year.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 4:05 PM
Now, the question is, where IS it?
Theorist
#43 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:03 PM
They're officially up now.

TBH, Only that curly tree looks worthwhile. Maybe I'm getting fussy.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#44 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:32 PM
Oh I don't know, I think there are a good amount of decent pieces. The childrens' outfits, the double bed, some of the dresses... It also depends on what colors/patterns you give them. The colors they used to display them are fugly, but a simple palette swap could make them workable.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:50 PM
Hm, looks like you guys were right after all!

I like some of the dresses in the faire folk set... Actually, I think it's really cute but I wouldn't use most of it.

The Club Vaindenburger set is really nice IMO. That chair looks so comfy.

The Earth Day set is fine. I can't see anything wrong with it (especially the price. )
Scholar
#46 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 12:13 AM
Not bad. Bedsides I think the game needs more plants. The spiraling one looks familiar. Vaindenberg and Faire Folk furnishngs look good. I like the Fair folk bed and flower lamps a lot but not the clothes (only kids get wings?).
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 12:18 AM
As usual the free stuff comes with an amazing suckish quality.

Love the bed and the wall lamp (thought it was a mirror at first. lol) from the Faire set. More clutter too, yay! Now all we need is them nifty shelves from Sims 2.

Vaindenburger is a lot like all the other sets, except they display the furniture in different colors... Why do the suit cases and gramophone look sooo familiar? /retorical.

Oh well, I'll be buying them all - no matter how useless most of the items are. Since I got all the other stuff from the store, I can't stop now! But if they're going to keep getting new sets this often it'll leave a mark in my economy. *shakes head*
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:23 AM
Oh wow so it was all about fairies then. But man, okay, looking at the clothes and some of the build items, I agree with Flying Evil--it's clear to me they are constantly recycling their mesh work. I am always checking out the store and I'm pretty familiar with their contents and I swear it's getting so that much of their stuff is starting to look alike with just tiny changes here and there. But there are some gems among the dreck. I don't think I would pony up the cost of any of the whole sets but I could definitely see getting a few select outfits and furnishings. But I'll wait and see what goes on sale. They charge a lot and my two Christmas Sims points cards won't go very far at those prices. Poo on that.

I've recently gotten interested in testing custom worlds. I downloaded a fantastic one that has worked great for me so far called Anju Falls from here: http://mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds_AnjuFalls.html Why I like the idea of putting the fairy themed items in this world is because the creator of it chose a very "sepia tint" palette of colors. It's not your typical bright tropical island. The grass is very golden, there's heavy usage of browns and golds and the more olive tinted greens--it's a subdued palette and the new store items would look nice in it. It is kind of tropical though--some people may not like mixing pixies and palm trees. I don't know if there are any "fairy purists" out there but I think my sister-in-law comes close and the book she gave my daughter on fairies doesn't show any fairies anywhere near anything remotely resembling a tropical setting. So...uh, whatever. I am just into color matching. I don't pretend to know what little imaginary beings would or wouldn't do or where they would or wouldn't live.

Broken Heart Island--which is on the official EA Site (that is down at the moment) is a medieval/pirate themed world that would also be great for fairies. I haven't tested it out as extensively as Anju but I did a walkthrough and it's definitely got the right look.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:39 AM
2k views! we all know what people want now
retired moderator
#50 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:48 AM
The clothing is rather disappointing, to say the least.
Page 2 of 3