Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tiny Filesize Invisible Driveway for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 8:08 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2011 at 9:08 PM by Sophie-David : Put technical notes in an infobutton

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM
thank you soooooo much for sharing this!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 10:24 PM
Thank you for this, will be used quite a bit in my game! The smaller file size was needed, indeed. Thanks ^_^
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:08 PM
"I tested if this recolour is automatically packaged with lots. Using AnyGameStarter I discovered that with EPs from Nightlife through to Seasons these recolours will be included by the lot packager, but with Bon Voyage and later EPs they will not. As far as I can tell, this appears to be a game bug, and apart from making this recolour into a standalone object - which would defeat the purpose of making a tiny filesize invisible driveway"

Frillen did this in 2006 (2.47KB) and I'm almost positive this shows up even with all expansion packs installed or maybe I just never noticed? Here's some links for Frillen's if you want to check it out and see what you did differently:

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...user_id=1313446
Or
http://www.sims2you.dk/downloads.as...4&sorter=nyeste

P.S.
I'm thrilled when I check in and see things like this or your barrels--so thank you for creating for Sims 2. It's appreciated.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Frillen did this in 2006 (2.47KB) and I'm almost positive this shows up even with all expansion packs installed or maybe I just never noticed?
Thanks for the reference Honeywell, I was not aware of Frillen's invisible driveway. I just ran it through the same tests and - at least on my machine - got identical results as I did with my recolour. Both files automatically package with EPs up to Seasons but then fail to package with Bon Voyage and later EPs.

You are welcome, pegasaus, Goldlion122, and Honeywell.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for this! Yay for small file sizes! :D

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 7:14 PM
Wonderful idea!!! Thank you for sharing this!!

"Life without LOVE is NO life at all"
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 6:19 AM
I love the original, but if I can have the same thing for a smaller size, it's always an improvement!

Stories (okay, LEGACIES), Tutorials, and Downloads at my sim journal:
http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 9:03 PM
You're welcome nichellerj, ange1face20 and Quinctia - thank you for the encouragement!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:18 AM
Thanks! It's always good when I can cut down some of the file sizes in my game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 6:11 AM
You're welcome Nieri.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:07 AM
this rocks ive always hated the driveways
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 5:14 PM
Glad you like.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 6:08 PM
Thank you so much for this - I have included it in my Parcheggio Mall which allows a car park in the middle, and it just wouldn't look good without this. I have also recommended any one trying to make the same sort of lot with my Park in the Car Park mod, should use this too.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Thank you so much for this - I have included it in my Parcheggio Mall which allows a car park in the middle, and it just wouldn't look good without this. I have also recommended any one trying to make the same sort of lot with my Park in the Car Park mod, should use this too.
Thank you for the recommendation, and I'm glad you found it useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 5:12 PM
I love it! Awesome job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:57 PM
I use this in every single lot in my game (and I've got about 150!). Thanks so much for creating this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th May 2011 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for the encouragement romyta and Yaya.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:26 AM
Great idea! Just the thing to make my medieval lots a bit less modern-day. Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 5:12 PM
Yes, I made it with medieval usage in mind. You're welcome, alchemist.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:52 AM
One word for you Sophie-David. Genius.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:13 AM
This project really didn't take genius, but thank you.
Scholar
#23 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:46 AM
Very Much Needed! I am trying to repair a "Drive In Movie" Lot... Thankyou! :lovestruc

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:12 AM
You're welcome Tiya.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quinctia
I love the original, but if I can have the same thing for a smaller size, it's always an improvement!

Do you think that she could make 1 that was could be commpatible for ts2 base game, university, freetime and seasons.
Page 1 of 2