Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 3868 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:35 AM
Default Public toilet - worn recolours
Hi!

I need some grunge/aged/worn recolours for the Restistall public toilet cubicle from basegame. Amazingly, they seem to be hiding although I'm sure it must have been done. I keep doing searches and coming up with nothing.

Currently, the best I have is a rusty metal version from Around the Sims, which is a clone rather than a recolour. I'd like a bit more variety for my outdated shops and community lots.

If possible, I prefer something that looks used without being absolutely disgusting. The only recolours I can find are clean and new, shiny rainbow colours...you see the problem.

Thanks for reading.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th May 2010 at 11:22 PM
I get your point. sorta like it hasn't been cleaned in a while but not like it has been condemned by the Board of Health? I've been looking around for one too.

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th May 2010 at 11:33 PM
dirty toilet
grungy enough for you?

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2010 at 2:42 AM
I have all of Guatla's stuff. It's very good in many of my houses, but isn't what I'm after. In this case, I want recolours of the Eaxis Resistall cubicle. Thanks for helping, though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2010 at 11:55 AM
Really none? Oh well. Thanks anyway.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th May 2010 at 12:21 PM
I tried about a year ago to do some slightly grungy, worn recolors of the Restistall and wasn't very successful. Recoloring the actual stall -- the walls and door -- is really hard to do and the best I could come up with was to make their color a little duller and less shiny. I guess the problem is that the image is so small (12 x 12 or something like that) and it wouldn't accept larger images. My solution was to 1) use the ATS stall and do some recolors of it, 2) create stalls by building them with actual walls, covering them with grungy wallpaper and adding a grungy door, and 3) overlaying some smudges and cracks, usually with Aikea-Guinea's 1- and 2-tile mesh . This isn't much help except to explain why there aren't any recolors of the Resistall to be found ...

Flux has left the building -- the popups on every page have finally driven her away. She can be found in Cinnabar.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:18 PM
You can find one weathered in the Arkham set on TSR (bit it's free) http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...-set/id/588750/ First set on the page, the inside of the stall is dirty but the outside is just weathered
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2010 at 1:35 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Flux. I'll continue using the ATS one or building my own cubicle as suggested. Was hoping to make life easy, that's all.

And thanks for the Arkham one, Anouck - I've seen the set, but didn't know that was a stall.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
23rd May 2010 at 8:33 AM
This message has been deleted by fingerelevenii.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd May 2010 at 8:36 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2010 at 2:59 AM
I did not. I don't think the project is finished though - but I'll keep an eye out in case it does become available. Thanks.

Has anyone else had touble with the Arhkam stall? I tried it, but my sim kept going in there, then turning around and exiting without relieving himself. Until I cancelled the action and bought a different stall.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th May 2010 at 7:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelflaed
Has anyone else had touble with the Arhkam stall? I tried it, but my sim kept going in there, then turning around and exiting without relieving himself. Until I cancelled the action and bought a different stall.

Yes -- I used it for quite a long time but then -- whether it was because of the addition of an EP or something else -- I started having the same problem -- too bad, I liked the way it looked ...

Flux has left the building -- the popups on every page have finally driven her away. She can be found in Cinnabar.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:52 AM
Ah. Perhaps it is a EP problem then. Nothing I can do about that!
Thanks for the confirmation.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:25 AM
TruculentBeastie has posted these toilet stalls at Garden of Shadows:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=18616.0

Hooray!

Section jump